2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, Adams or Viney.....

Adams might score bigger early but when Treloar comes back and more injury risk.....Viney safe option?
throw selwood into the mix as well, becomes a really tough choice

scoring potential: Tadams>Selwood>Viney
injury risk: Tadams>Selwood>Viney

Selwood best value for mine

throw selwood into the mix as well, becomes a really tough choice

scoring potential: Tadams>Selwood>Viney
injury risk: Tadams>Selwood>Viney

Selwood best value for mine
I've never considered Selwood all preseason and won't as I see no real pointers to a return to full inside roll.
Going Adam's currently as he is only 2% owned and is the most likely of the 3 to be a tops 10 mid at seasons end

Is Nathan Jones an option in the backline ?

Priced at 73 and last 5 years of 73, 87, 104, 98, 86
Fairly durable as well despite age.
I briefly considered him. I didn't catch either preseason game, so I don't know if he played his whole game time there, but FanFooty said he was lining up on a forward flank for whatever that's worth (maybe a Melbourne supporter could offer insight into their plan for him this year), and he was scoring extremely well PPM-wise which was what was enticing me. At his price, scoring like that, his usual durability, and with DEF status (and DPP) I was interested. But I'm more or less off him now given everything going on; mostly the potential for a ton of games in short succession at his age (32). Two years younger and I'm probably in, which might be kinda nuts given how much further athletes are extending their careers into their 30s these days. I hope a few start with him and he balls out. I'm all shaft, gonads aren't big enough over here :disappointed:

I've never considered Selwood all preseason and won't as I see no real pointers to a return to full inside roll.
Going Adam's currently as he is only 2% owned and is the most likely of the 3 to be a tops 10 mid at seasons end
fair point, Tadams will average at least 10+ more than Selwood. If I knew he would play every game he would be a lock.

From Selby's Guide, Marsh Update;

Goodwin looks like he wants Sparrow to play a midfield role, as showcased by his CBAs in the Marsh games. He's an option as a premium priced rookie if named in round one.

Perhaps Melbourne supporters may have a better idea?

RICHMOND

B: Nathan Broad, Dylan Grimes, David Astbury
HB: Liam Baker, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short
C: Josh Caddy, Dion Prestia, Jack Graham
HF: Daniel Rioli, Shane Edwards, Jason Castagna
F: Tom Lynch, Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt
Foll: Ivan Soldo, Trent Cotchin, Kane Lambert
I/C: Marlion Pickett, Shai Bolton, Toby Nankervis, Sydney Stack

Emg: Jack Ross, Kamdyn McIntosh, Callum Coleman-Jones, Ryan Garthwaite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

16 mins + time on per qtr... changes things a bit.
hopefully there is some guidance on this before lockout from the fantasy perspective on how it will effect player pricing.
Going to change everything, 1800 could be the new par each week

Has someone made a list of all the PPM beasts in the AFL? Also needs to tick the durability box as well, players like Nic nat could certainly score well. But with the volatile nature of this season he could easily be rested with short turn around between games.

Has someone made a list of all the PPM beasts in the AFL? Also needs to tick the durability box as well, players like Nic nat could certainly score well. But with the volatile nature of this season he could easily be rested with short turn around between games.
Basically look for players that have pumped out 50pt quarters in the past (now might be 40pt)
Players that have very few tonnes so far might struggle to 80 (the new 100)

Red Bull in the player water bottles please.

My mind is literally exploding, how are we going to deal with all of this in the course of two days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back