2020 Planning thread - a.k.a pre-season misplaced confidence and collective insanity

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

so was just thinking how can the AFL continue with the season considering this will get worse - hows this idea:

Create a "safe zone" for all players, staff, media and families.
Descend on a large regional town, say bathurst or sheparton etc, that has the infra and size to support an influx of people.
Move all people into the "safe zone" and quarenteen that off.
Work on a rotation system:
-1 round a week, rotate gameday so we play 1-2 games each day (yay footy every day). no spectators only televised
-rotate training runs days
-rotate gym days etc etc etc
Strict control and lockdown procedures to prevent covid19 from entering or spreading. Eg: shut down everything for 2 weeks if one case emerges
A self contained AFL ecosystem !

delay the start of season to set this up (say 3-4 weeks)
get rid or condense the byes to recover the setup time
Play 22 games and finals - hopefully on schedule or by the end of the year.

Nothing about Ash? Just Green
Think at this stage, they will back in Cumming over Ash. Williams is training with the B team, so i dont expect him to play. So Cumming could be the guy to grab and then hold till Hayden Young debuts and is an easy cash grab down.

You leaving out some of the expensive guys by the sounds?
panicking again just like last year. Brought Crae, Dunks and Whit back in my team now. I also forgot I had Naismith R2 so that's another rookie. Back to 6 rookies on field: Ash, Rowell, Green, Pickett, Naismith, Curtis Taylor, Budarick.

Now I got 200k remaining and can't really upgrade a rookie to a decent scorer. Might as well just upgrade Viney to Zerrett. Yesterday Grundy was my only player over 800k and now I have 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott has said Mitch Duncan and Joel selwood will play! but Jack Steven is unlikely to play if the games go ahead!!!!!
You're kidding....Selwood back in the frame now and is more value than Pissed Off Viney. I can go Zerrett to Selwood and Steven to Greenwood/Wingard but it still doesn't give me enough to get 1 more fwd premo instead of fielding Budarick. Only possible if I trade Whit...

You're kidding....Selwood back in the frame now and is more value than Pissed Off Viney. I can go Zerrett to Selwood and Steven to Greenwood/Wingard but it still doesn't give me enough to get 1 more fwd premo instead of fielding Budarick. Only possible if I trade Whit...
I’m considering trading Whit. He’ll go 110, but you might get 102-105 from Dusty/Devon

Think at this stage, they will back in Cumming over Ash. Williams is training with the B team, so i dont expect him to play. So Cumming could be the guy to grab and then hold till Hayden Young debuts and is an easy cash grab down.
Visiting cremation sites is pretty sick man.

Townsend or Lachie Schultz
I would avoid Townsend at all costs. Better player IRL than in Fantasy.

Put it this way - he had a great game against Geelong, but only scored a 55~. I think that's about his limit.

I'd recommend looking at Tom Sparrow. Selby sounds very bullish on him, and I like what I hear too (included in Melbourne's midfield rotations).

((if he gets selected, that is lol))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back