2020 Scratch Matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait so Polec plays one game for us in scratch match and kicks 3 goals? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Rantall looked good again
Maybe Polec is the heir-apparent to WHE's role of weak half-forward who gets scorched on BF every weekend.

Really bummed Rantall didn't get a look ahead of Cal Brown

I thought Rantall looked good on ball in that clip. Won a bit of it and good hand pass out of traffic.

Ruscoe looked sharp up forward. Still finding the goals.

I love Atus tackling, and his line breaking run through the middle showed he has some flair in his game.

Tohill is looking far more dangerous in the forward line compared to last year. Good to see some development.

There weren't too many defensive highlights and suspect they edited them out. Was interested to see how Langdon went.

No SPIN were you proposing Lynch forward? There's some highlights in there for you.

Was interesting to see C Brown playing given his call up to seniors, unless I have him confused for someone else.

How did tohill and broomhead play

Both had some highlights. Broomhead loves a running goal from midfield. It's the first I recall thinking Tohill looked like he had some promise. Some good leads and marks on the lead.

Both had some highlights. Broomhead loves a running goal from midfield. It's the first I recall thinking Tohill looked like he had some promise. Some good leads and marks on the lead.

Tohill looked pretty good last week as well. The smaller numbers on the ground probably help but hopefully he is gaining confidence which feeds in to his development. He is a good size and moves well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this level Broomhead still looks elite. Rather than just good like,we, a few of the other senior listed players.

T Brown does, C Brown? Not sure. Varcoe? Not sure. Shaz? Mystery. Hmm....Wills, yes.

The thing Broomhead has over then all is skill and one-touch. Just look how good his soft hands are and his kicking. That's what we're missing in the seniors. That doesn't mean he'll perform as a half-forward though. He's a natural midfielder -- he's a bit too slow as a half-forward (mind you, so is Pendlebury). Frankly, dominating a scratch match and then doing well in the next one, with 4 goals over there two games, puts him way ahead of C Brown, Wills, and several others like Atu. Frankly.

Looks like Polec was our best šŸ˜‚

Strange times.

Just shows how pl
Wait so Polec plays one game for us in scratch match and kicks 3 goals? šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Rantall looked good again

Polec playing well just shows how superior our player development is. One game with us and heā€™s a star!!!!

Was interesting that C Brown played a scratch match, and a couple of days later playing in the seniors. What would be the purpose of that??? So we can expect Brown to be running on the spot after halftime! Good to see Bennell, what looks like give a few encouraging words to Rantall at the end of the game. Maybe the young man impressed Bennell....

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was interesting that C Brown played a scratch match, and a couple of days later playing in the seniors. What would be the purpose of that??? So we can expect Brown to be running on the spot after halftime! Good to see Bennell, what looks like give a few encouraging words to Rantall at the end of the game. Maybe the young man impressed Bennell....

Cal only played the first quarter.

Wonder how many more scratch matches Langdon needs under his belt. It's hard without seeing them - no idea how close to his pre-injury form he is
It's over for him

He's been damaged goods for years
If he makes it back good on him
It will be a bonus
It's only a matter of time

Lend me your crystal ball please
Crystal Ball.are you kidding
Damaged his knee rock climbing
Well known
Hence why he missed footy as a kid and was a mature kid drafted
Failed medicals at freeo where his brother was and Sydney ( he was offered big money )
Was forced to stay with us

Damn shame

We're better with him ,gotta get used to it not happening

Could be forced to hang em up after this year and take the payout

I thought Rantall looked good on ball in that clip. Won a bit of it and good hand pass out of traffic.

Ruscoe looked sharp up forward. Still finding the goals.

I love Atus tackling, and his line breaking run through the middle showed he has some flair in his game.

Tohill is looking far more dangerous in the forward line compared to last year. Good to see some development.

There weren't too many defensive highlights and suspect they edited them out. Was interested to see how Langdon went.

No SPIN were you proposing Lynch forward? There's some highlights in there for you.

Was interesting to see C Brown playing given his call up to seniors, unless I have him confused for someone else.

Not specifically fwd mate, but suggested his size and tank offers a variety of opportunities for us in combination with Grundy. We need to play Lynch ASAP to assess his potential.
I could see him crashing, banging and wearing out Nit Nat in a double team with Grundy, and similarly Gawn, both of whoā€™s team rely heavily on their Ruck prowess.
If Lynch has some mongrel in him that would be even better.
But all the above are unknowns until he plays in the seniors.

Crystal Ball.are you kidding
Damaged his knee rock climbing
Well known
Hence why he missed footy as a kid and was a mature kid drafted
Failed medicals at freeo where his brother was and Sydney ( he was offered big money )
Was forced to stay with us

Damn shame

We're better with him ,gotta get used to it not happening

Could be forced to hang em up after this year and take the payout

what is the specific damage heā€™s done to his knee that canā€™t be repaired or rehabbed.

The scratch matches are hit and giggle and no more intensive than a regular training session.

To answer your question Iā€™d suggest that one of Appleby or Greenwood was slated to play but put their hands up late in the piece that they didnā€™t feel right.

Not specifically fwd mate, but suggested his size and tank offers a variety of opportunities for us in combination with Grundy. We need to play Lynch ASAP to assess his potential.
I could see him crashing, banging and wearing out Nit Nat in a double team with Grundy, and similarly Gawn, both of whoā€™s team rely heavily on their Ruck prowess.
If Lynch has some mongrel in him that would be even better.
But all the above are unknowns until he plays in the seniors.

You gotta wonder why we bothered with recruiting Cameron when Lynch has been there the whole time.

The one that succeeds will be the one who can prove they can hold down key position. Otherwise they are just backups to Grundy.

The scratch matches are hit and giggle and no more intensive than a regular training session.

To answer your question Iā€™d suggest that one of Appleby or Greenwood was slated to play but put their hands up late in the piece that they didnā€™t feel right.
Ok, so why play a guy that was slated to play seniors? Could have got a fill in player eg. Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Scratch Matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back