List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

CD seemed pretty clear on his AA interview again today that they want to keep all players, and none had requested to move. So unless one is included in a deal .. but I don't think that involves Sydney, and he said that they are still waiting on Essendon who have bigger fish to fry first.

So not too sure on the veracity of this Bonner/Lienert talk tbh.

CD seemed pretty clear on his AA interview again today that they want to keep all players, and none had requested to move. So unless one is included in a deal .. but I don't think that involves Sydney, and he said that they are still waiting on Essendon who have bigger fish to fry first.

So not too sure on the veracity of this Bonner/Lienert talk tbh.
I thought I had read that a club had made enquiries about Lienert. Sydney I think.

One of our weaknesses this year was holding off key forwards when we were losing the mid. Not sure if this trade covers that.

If AA starts does he take no.1 key forward when size is an issue and Mckenzie gets the gig when speed is more of a concern?

If so leaves Clurey with the 3rd option to worry about but not convinced Tom can do enough coming off his man to really hurt the opposition.

So can see AA being asked to play the swing role the Hoff played for us, but that's asking a lot of smarts from a late comer to the game and suspect Mckenzie with his kicking skills may offer more in this role.

Suspect TJ will continue to get the floating role as he plays it well.

Leaves DBJ and Hartlett to pick up the smalls. Dan and Burton as options that also play that quarter back role kick out of defence.

With Chad and Monty coaching you would expect to see more intercepting marks next year.

Lienert and Bonner will be starting a fair way back unless they can reinvent themselves.

Safe to say it looks like the trade would be a fair upgrade given the added flexibility in options and especially as Watts wasn't able to make a come back in his defensive role.

The Bonner for Fantasia trade I've been calling for for months starting to grow legs. Carn Ports. 28 or future second and Bonner for Aliir and Fantasia would be a handy trade period.

I read on wikipedia that Aliir's cousin plays in the NBA, so maybe we can rookie list him one day.

TIL Thon Maker is Aliir Aliir's cousin. Now I want him even more.

CD seemed pretty clear on his AA interview again today that they want to keep all players, and none had requested to move.
Just the standard straight bat. If he does see value in moving someone we want to maximise their value as a required player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of our weaknesses this year was holding off key forwards when we were losing the mid. Not sure if this trade covers that.

If AA starts does he take no.1 key forward when size is an issue and Mckenzie gets the gig when speed is more of a concern?

If so leaves Clurey with the 3rd option to worry about but not convinced Tom can do enough coming off his man to really hurt the opposition.

So can see AA being asked to play the swing role the Hoff played for us, but that's asking a lot of smarts from a late comer to the game and suspect Mckenzie with his kicking skills may offer more in this role.

Suspect TJ will continue to get the floating role as he plays it well.

Leaves DBJ and Hartlett to pick up the smalls. Dan and Burton as options that also play that quarter back role kick out of defence.

With Chad and Monty coaching you would expect to see more intercepting marks next year.

Lienert and Bonner will be starting a fair way back unless they can reinvent themselves.

Safe to say it looks like the trade would be a fair upgrade given the added flexibility in options and especially as Watts wasn't able to make a come back in his defensive role.

I doubt we play AA, Clurey and McKenzie in the same side. Structurally our defense was sound this year, but personnel wise there were times when our KPDs got mauled. AA isn't the perfect solution but he's a severe upgrade on Clurey.

If you did play all 3 and used AA as a Hoff swing type player, whose spot in our current best 22 would he take? He won't be taking Ladhams role as the #2 ruck, & im not convinced you can take out Amon or Duursma who are the primary wingers.

I can answer some of this.

Ideally Aliir gets put on the oppositions second key forward as Aliir can be found out a bit against the stronger guys. His real strength is also reading the play, zoning off his man and taking an intercept mark before immediately running with the ball and kicking it into the midfield. He can't zone as well on the number 1 key forward and it hurts his game.

I also strongly recommend not moving Aliir around. He is a confidence player and he gains confidence by being in the position best suited to him. If he drops his head thanks to being played somewhere he isn't as suited, and as a result not playing as well, then he doesn't look that good.

Keep Aliir in his ideal position and don't move him randomly around the field and you will be very pleased with what he produces, both with intercept marks and attacking plays out of defence.

I see on fox they will have the end off trade day tomorrow live I've just flicked the sports package anyone know if it will be streamed at all?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back