Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I don't know why there is this desire on this site that as soon as we have a player who is any good in one area we want to see what he can do somewhere else.

Teague's mantra is play to your strengths - that means Docherty plays off half back.

Reminds of a quoye about Kevin Sheedy and his habit of moving players into different postilions:

"If Sheedy had coached John Coleman he would made him into the leagues greatest Back Pocket player !!".

Can’t wait to see the people who have already written him off as a bust have to say about him this year

I may have missed people writing O'Brien off.
I don't think it's like that at all, other than for the fact that some recently acquired senior talent may take precedence early in the year.

Just because one doesn't have O'Brien in their personal starting 22, should be of little significance to where they see O'Brien in years to come.
The same can be said for Dow right now, but that could all look vastly different in 6 weeks time. Who knows for sure, but my bet is still that the likes of Newnes, Newman, Martin, Betts and Gibbons will be favoured early on.

Fish really is putting on some size, nice
Even Simmo looks to have beefed up a bit this pre season, it’s good to see that they are doing different things for different players with Fish, LOB and Simmo adding some size and guys like Kennedy and Cripps just slimming up a bit, should have everyone in peek fitness for the specific roles they are being asked to play.

Also good to hear they are really making one on one contests a major focus as all those one on one contest wins add up and instil confidence across the group on game day, good to hear that Obi4 knows that has to be a major focus for him personally as well, the extra size will help guys like him and Fish in that area also. 👍🏽

Last edited:
Love reading that Kennedy has been moved forward and is excelling, I think we'll have a dynamic exciting forward line this season which could be pretty hard to match up on.
I think we will see some really good things from Kennedy early in the year if they play him out of the goal square and his work with Betts will be a highlight early.

26 goals 30 last year was worrying after 21.11 the year before. 24 more shots for just 5 more goals was very disappointing.
Yeah let’s hope that was more groin related, although it was a worry for me after watching him in the VFL early days, let’s hope he can develop a good routine with Sav over the rest of pre season and it won’t become a long term problem.

I think we will see some really good things from Kennedy early in the year if they play him out of the goal square and his work with Betts will be a highlight early.
bookmark thread or gtfo..........

I may have missed people writing O'Brien off.
I don't think it's like that at all, other than for the fact that some recently acquired senior talent may take precedence early in the year.

Just because one doesn't have O'Brien in their personal starting 22, should be of little significance to where they see O'Brien in years to come.
The same can be said for Dow right now, but that could all look vastly different in 6 weeks time. Who knows for sure, but my bet is still that the likes of Newnes, Newman, Martin, Betts and Gibbons will be favoured early on.
I think the writing off is more external when it comes down to it, I know a lot of so called media experts and draft watchers have developed the belief that our 2017 draft crop specifically Dow and LOB was a failure for SOS and his team, I don’t think anyone on here has that view, and I certainly don’t as I think they both will become good players given time. Also I think Teague certainly sees Obi4 as a major part of our team going forward with his run and delivery inside 50.

He’s a good medium size lead up . And has that midfield physicality

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s a good medium size lead up . And has that midfield physicality

He’s got great hands for a guy his size, can take a pack mark.

Probably the best set shot at the club, anywhere inside the arc he’ll have a ping.

Granted he’s been hampered with 2 separate leg injuries, 2 years running.

Thing is, he was traded in as a big bodied mid, atm he’s a more effective forward.

I think the writing off is more external when it comes down to it, I know a lot of so called media experts and draft watchers have developed the belief that our 2017 draft crop specifically Dow and LOB was a failure for SOS and his team, I don’t think anyone on here has that view, and I certainly don’t as I think they both will become good players given time. Also I think Teague certainly sees Obi4 as a major part of our team going forward with his run and delivery inside 50.
Got a source for that chief? I’ve never read our 2017 draft hall being labeled a bust, and I read / watch a lot of footy content.

I have however read a lot on here about LOB and Dow with people writing them off after two seasons. It’s amazing how quickly people are willing to condemn young players who are still learning in a bottom team.

Probably the best set shot at the club, anywhere inside the arc he’ll have a ping.

Thing is, he was traded in as a big bodied mid, atm he’s a more effective forward.
Can’t wait to see him get a good run at it now he is over his ankle problems, which as we know from Daisy and others take a while to get over, a beautiful kick of the ball whether for goal or passing to someone else, a real asset if he can play a Caddy type role for us, also has a good footy brain I think. 👍🏽

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that the case? I sort of get it on surface value as one may say that Stephenson and Richards/Higgins may have been the better outcome.

At this stage though, nothing is proven.
I like the guys we've picked up and I have no issue with the individuals at all, but always consider the sum of the parts, but it's getting really hard to gauge as to what those better parts may be/have been.

Whichever way though, we do have a very talented young squad which will serve us well from this year going forward.

Yeah stig. I like him.

kennedy was recruited as a big bodied mid but doesnt have the speed and agility needed. But he was always a great mark. He could become a full time forward with his marking ability. And the agility thing is good enough for a forward of his type IMO

kennedy was recruited as a big bodied mid but doesnt have the speed and agility needed. But he was always a great mark. He could become a full time forward with his marking ability. And the agility thing is good enough for a forward of his type IMO

Yes, just like Josh caddy.

Got a source for that chief? I’ve never read our 2017 draft hall being labeled a bust, and I read / watch a lot of footy content.

I have however read a lot on here about LOB and Dow with people writing them off after two seasons. It’s amazing how quickly people are willing to condemn young players who are still learning in a bottom team.
the same people who wrote off Weiters, Harry and SPS as well! Way to many people on here are quick to cross young players off as failures

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2020 Training - pics, reports etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back