Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If I get a chance during the next x months I'll provide some kind of statistical tally of all the rookie draft picks people have made and who has done better and worse....on an average basis as that's fairer given some have more picks than others.
Sure. Just remember when doing that, that while I played in season 1 I didn't draft my team. I think Chadwiko or someone did the 32 player set up draft then quit?

So my first two years were really reshaping a roster I never would have drafted. Much, much tougher than I realised, given we only have six rounds in the rookie draft each year. Got it kind of done eventually, though my roster is very far from perfect still.

Sure. Just remember when doing that, that while I played in season 1 I didn't draft my team. I think Chadwiko or someone did the 32 player set up draft then quit?

So my first two years were really reshaping a roster I never would have drafted. Much, much tougher than I realised, given we only have six rounds in the rookie draft each year. Got it kind of done eventually, though my roster is very far from perfect still.
I'll only be factoring in rookies drafted by people who drafted them. Old records still show who the team owner was who made a draft pick etc. So there'll be no confusion.

I'll only be factoring in rookies drafted by people who drafted them. Old records still show who the team owner was who made a draft pick etc. So there'll be no confusion.
That doesn't address my point. Which is, the folks who did the set up draft have a fair advantage in the first two years, because they got to set up their preferred line-up across multiple positions over 32 + rounds of drafting. If you came along after that, you have way less chances to get a structured roster in place. Also why I have a lot of sympathy for Lenny and Stinger taking over run down teams.

That doesn't address my point. Which is, the folks who did the set up draft have a fair advantage in the first two years, because they got to set up their preferred line-up across multiple positions over 32 + rounds of drafting. If you came along after that, you have way less chances to get a structured roster in place. Also why I have a lot of sympathy for Lenny and Stinger taking over run down teams.
My idea was more of a simpler approach, that you selected someone to draft, so how well did you do

My idea was more of a simpler approach, that you selected someone to draft, so how well did you do
Understood, but the approach and decision making is just so different when you are trying to reshape a roster completely, instead of just plugging a few gaps to top up the 32 you initially chose yourself.

I'd been keeping Lance so close to my chest, figured my moves up to #9 were enough to land him. Good pick campaigner. 😠
Probably shouldve talked him up and how much you wanted him, wouldve scared others away. Works for me ;)

I'd been keeping Lance so close to my chest, figured my moves up to #9 were enough to land him. Good pick campaigner. 😠
Wait so Wilson is a smoke screen?

suddenly feeling better about liking him

Wait so Wilson is a smoke screen?

suddenly feeling better about liking him

If Lance was in any offense other than KC or SF I'd be far less enthusiastic. From a fantasy perspective he has the coach and tools to pile up some ridiculous fantasy scores. My love for Zach is still much stronger however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could try using the internet on my phone I suppose, but i dunno, it's pretty weird.

Get yourself one of these bad boys for draft season.

Screenshot_20210605-112922_Chrome.jpg

Waddle would have been a better pick at my 1.07 A11dAtP0w3R, I was just desperate at QB.

And I’m deep at offensive positions (without any stars just yet)

Great get at 9.

Straight swap for Trey Lance is available. 🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2021 - EMPIRE League - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back