Position 2021 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Had Ryan initially as one of my first picked, but went with Witherden at similar price.
Young locked in anyway but Ryan was 3rd in AFL for kick ins last year Behind (no pun) Lloyd & May and played on, out of the square in 74 of 89 kick ins.
Ryan an elite mark so just get Young to kick it to him.
Im thinking of mileria to Young but second year blues could effect him

Im thinking of mileria to Young but second year blues could effect him
5 game DEF player versus a 62 game MID player ....$100K diff

Young looking at taking a lot of kick-ins ......be good to have both

I believe it was only a jaw issue and not concussion. Do they still need to follow similar protocols?
given it was a head knock you'd think they would play it safe in an AFL game he would have got independently tested

yep of I go to witts I can have both

we all know mileria will go down only a matter of when

Wayne Milera rolled his ankle but completed the game and performed strongly, lining up in the midfield.

1613180863487.png ____
WickedJitteryHawaiianmonkseal-small.gif

I think you will need to at least have a contingency plan to have Milera, Young and Cumming in your starting defence.
I've currently shaped my team around those 3 at D4, 5 and 6 with the thoughts of a better cheaper player popping up, it's easier to go down than up!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warming to Docherty at D2. Forgot he had that injured score in the last round last season. Take that out and his average goes up to to 93 from 88. I think he can push the ton again this year and be a top 6 defender
Reduced minutes screwed everything but I still don't think Doch hit his A game last year (don't like the bcv/game time calculations) Prior to injury, he was Lloyd like.

The addition of Saad should be off set by the retirement of Kade Simpson. But Nic Newman and Marchbank also return. I can't help but feel there will be a points squeeze at Carlton this year.
Setterfield looked set for the usual midfield progression.
Williams and midfield (feeling the knocks already in the intra club but the engine room will always be tough)

im wanting to go a POD for my D3 and looking at both the Hawks boys in Will Day and Scrimshaw. Both got even stats and just unsure which one to select.

im wanting to go a POD for my D3 and looking at both the Hawks boys in Will Day and Scrimshaw. Both got even stats and just unsure which one to select.
Hard to fault either of them. I like both picks but the worry is the Hawks team right now. There's talk of Burgoyne playing a sweeping role down back to marshal their young defence with all the departures. You could make an argument for Greaves as well. Talk of Day even moving to a wing. He may be the pick of them if that;s the case. Hawks team is a huge watch this pre season

ADELAIDE star Rory Laird has kicked on after his midfield switch in 2020 and made the role his own this summer as the Crows look to settle their engine room ahead of round one.

Laird, a two-time All-Australian defender and 2018 club champion in the role, was thrust into the midfield late last season and thrived, winning 25 possessions or more in eight of the last nine game and finishing second in the best and fairest.

Laird was "raw" in the role last season, according to coach Matthew Nicks, but has spent an entire pre-season training for a midfield return, giving the 27-year-old the best chance to prosper in 2021.

"He's done a lot of work on his craft in that space and we brought in Nathan van Berlo to help out with that midfield and he has done some fantastic work with him this pre-season.

We were so pleased with what we saw last year when he went into the midfield and he was quite raw.

Hard to fault either of them. I like both picks but the worry is the Hawks team right now. There's talk of Burgoyne playing a sweeping role down back to marshal their young defence with all the departures. You could make an argument for Greaves as well. Talk of Day even moving to a wing. He may be the pick of them if that;s the case. Hawks team is a huge watch this pre season
Agree, I had Day on my shortlist for this season

I have 40k odd in the bank. Going Doc over Crisp allows me to get Cumming up to Milera, good trade?
depends could put a blanket over Cummings Young and Mileria who will score more is a toss of a coin

also have day ash greaves

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2021 Fantasy Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back