Opinion 2021 fixture I'd like to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just get Richmond to WA. They haven't played the Eagles in Perth for 3+ years. Always seem to play Richmond outside WA and end up finishing 5th on percentage.

Tigers have had their dream fixture run, 3 flags. Time for them to actually get a tough draw for the first time in a very long time.

Keep on hearing how good Richmond is. Well then they don't need leg ups with the fixture do they.

Oh, and don't worry, Optus is close to exactly the same size as the MCG. Eagles more than comfortable playing at the MCG since Optus was built.
Love this, so much salt.

If your good enough you win no matter where its played.

want:

- Eagles v Tigers x 2
- No games in Tassie for either WA side
- no pre finals bye
- Brissy v Suns in round 1 or 2

and finally

- eagles to play Port in Adelaide ;)

Just get Richmond to WA. They haven't played the Eagles in Perth for 3+ years. Always seem to play Richmond outside WA and end up finishing 5th on percentage.

Tigers have had their dream fixture run, 3 flags. Time for them to actually get a tough draw for the first time in a very long time.

Keep on hearing how good Richmond is. Well then they don't need leg ups with the fixture do they.

Oh, and don't worry, Optus is close to exactly the same size as the MCG. Eagles more than comfortable playing at the MCG since Optus was built.
Man, you salty flog. A dream run? You guys couldn’t even beat a struggling Pies on your home deck while we went over to Adelaide to play Port on their home ground.
1604136153312.gif

1. Are you saying that our fixture is easy just because we have not played West Coast in Perth apart from 2018, which was West Coast’s best year?

We’ve played all non-Victorian top 4 teams in their home state since 2017.
2017: Adelaide (AO), GWS (Giants Stadium)
2018: West Coast (OS)
2019: GWS (Giants Stadium)
2020: Brisbane (Metricon), Port Adelaide (AO).

Literally what do you want Richmond to do? To play every non-Victorian team away from Victoria? Oh wait, that was our 2020 season! What bloody ‘leg up’ did we have?

2. if Optus Stadium is close to MCG dimensions, doesn’t that mean that the MCG has similar dimensions to Optus Oval too? 🤔

3. Your supporters specifically complained last year about us having 7 MCG games in a row. You guys had 5 games straight in QLD, 7 Perth games in a row and then 5 games straight in QLD again after the restart. We had much less consistency in one state and more travel with 4 straight games in Victoria, 2 games in QLD, 1 game in NSW, 2 games in QLD, 1 game in SA, 1 game in QLD, 1 game in NT, 3 games in QLD and then 1 game in SA. Your team travelled 3 times compared to Richmond’s 8 times.

Where is West Coast’s Premiership?

Seriously, stop complaining. The whole ‘leg up’ narrative is getting really tiring.

An extra round where 1-6, 7-12, and 13-18 play twice would make the fixture fairer so that no one escapes a difficult away game against an opponent from the same tier. As it stands they get, I think, four games against each other, so Richmond ends up missing playing the Eagles in Perth (it wasn't corona that stopped that in 2019 etc.). Not singling them out, the Tiges have clearly proved themselves this year as an anyone, anywhere team; but it is one example of the unevenness.
1) you don’t need another round to do that, there’s 5 double ups in a 22 round fixture and 5 other opponents in your 6 team tier
2) that’s even more unfair. Imagine being finishing 7th and having to travel for your week 1 final because you finished top 6 the year before so you had to play the entire previous seasons top 4 away while the team that leapfrogged you finished bottom 6 and got piss easy double ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care what the fixture looks like so long as we get some games at the MCG. I've missed seeing games there. Watching game after game at the gabba and metricon got boring pretty quickly. The MCG just has this feel about it when games are played there.

I think it will be a normal season to be honest just with smaller crowds due to covid safe plans.
I agree, it will be back to normal, & you would think the crowds will be capped at about 40-50k at least for the first half of the season ( hope not though )......Only because boxing days attendance has already been announced at 25k maximum.

Richmond choose to play home games at Marvel, West Coast and Geelong don't chose to play (or get) home games at the MCG
This is extremely incorrect. Please share the source you got this from. Oh wait it's BS so I guess you couldn't.

This is extremely incorrect. Please share the source you got this from. Oh wait it's BS so I guess you couldn't.
From the same source that tell us that Geelong choose to play Melbourne home games

Apparently all clubs get to chose where there home games are played, and if you're Port, away games too. Or so that's what I'm told, sounds like you disagree with that now?

From the same source that tell us that Geelong choose to play Melbourne home games

Apparently all clubs get to chose where there home games are played, and if you're Port, away games too. Or so that's what I'm told, sounds like you disagree with that now?
No it's not about disagreeing it's incorrect. Don't care about Geelong but I know Richmond lobbied to play all 11 at MCG but are forced to play home games at Marvel especially since the AFL have taken full rights of it.

2 games against Hawthorn, Adelaide, North Melbourne and Essendon. The last double up game against either Sydney, Carlton, Fremantle, Melbourne or Gold Coast; whichever one has the worst season.

2 games against Hawthorn, Adelaide, North Melbourne and Essendon. The last double up game against either Sydney, Carlton, Fremantle, Melbourne or Gold Coast; whichever one has the worst season.
Yeah na, this won't be happening for the runner ups.

Good thing for us is we will only double up on one of this years top 6. Pies or Richmond seem the most likely options.

No pre finals bye. No games in Tassie. No GC early in the year when they have their tail up.

From a league standpoint I would like 22 games. Footy frenzy mid season is a good thing. Wouldn't mind it back and incorporating a second bye into the season.

1) you don’t need another round to do that, there’s 5 double ups in a 22 round fixture and 5 other opponents in your 6 team tier
2) that’s even more unfair. Imagine being finishing 7th and having to travel for your week 1 final because you finished top 6 the year before so you had to play the entire previous seasons top 4 away while the team that leapfrogged you finished bottom 6 and got piss easy double ups.

You need the extra round if you want to have two derbies, showdowns, etc.

That's an interesting point, but it's nothing new. It's not at all unusual for a side who finished in the bottom 4 or 6 the previous year to bolt up the ladder the following year, and that has to do with an easier draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2021 fixture I'd like to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back