Preview Likely retirees 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Suspect Adam Kennedy won’t get a contract and probably won’t be picked up elsewhere as he’ll finish the season at 32 and has only played 10+ games twice in a season since 2017.

If the Saints make a decision on Seb Roos don’t be surprised if he’s not picked up by another premier Melb club.
Absolutely. He'd be a pretty handy 4th mid on a good midfield with plenty of speed. It's sad for him that he's never really had that except maybe at the start. No grudges if he finally excels in that role elsewhere.
Would Zak Jones be an option? Possibly delisted & then retire ? Not sure he has a spot anywhere going forwards partly due to finishing this year on the wrong side of 30.
Yep. I'd say he is one of the closest to the exit as things stand. I liked him as a Saint but time calls for everyone and I'm not sure how much more he gives us.

Absolutely. He'd be a pretty handy 4th mid on a good midfield with plenty of speed. It's sad for him that he's never really had that except maybe at the start. No grudges if he finally excels in that role elsewhere.Yep. I'd say he is one of the closest to the exit as things stand. I liked him as a Saint but time calls for everyone and I'm not sure how much more he gives us.
Seb covers the wing very well because he has the speed and endurance to play the defensive role. If the opposition are looking to switch he has it covered so they either go down the opposite wing or attempt to go through the middle.

Tex needs to be rested until he's better, maybe 3 weeks, then played to see how he's going. If he gets back to something good, keep him, if not it's probably bye. Which will make me cry :(

If the Saints make a decision on Seb Roos don’t be surprised if he’s not picked up by another premier Melb club.
I would be very surprised. He might get another year with us, but I doubt he goes to another club. He has been pushed out of our midfield (no CBA's for the last 2 weeks) which isn't very strong as it is, so I don't know what other club would want him. He did have a couple of good games this year, but he'll be 32 next year and doesn't really have a position any more, unless you saw something in his 6 disposal game last week that I missed.

Heppell and Goldstein the only pair with potential to retire and both entrenched in our best 22 at the moment.

Think Goldy might give it up if his body goes in the second half but Heppell will likely go one more.

Jake Kelly a potential with his concussion issues but rewekon he goes around again as well if asked.

Wingard is contracted to the end of 2024, but his gradual return in the VFL over the last month has looked promising and he's still only 30.

If he can get back into the seniors and be fit at seasons end, we would probably offer another 1 year contract at minimum.

If Breust does hang up the boots this year, we would 100% keep Wingard around (assuming he is fit and wants to play on).
30 and over and with Achilles issues usually spells trouble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins having much worse year than Jack Riewoldt who everyone last year was saying played on 1 year too many & in actual reality was a good contributor last year.

You love to see it too because a lot of people were starting to rate Hawkins over Jack recency bias.

Hawkins having much worse year than Jack Riewoldt who everyone last year was saying played on 1 year too many & in actual reality was a good contributor last year.

You love to see it too because a lot of people were starting to rate Hawkins over Jack recency bias.

That’s the difference between the two.

Jack was ok stopping just short of 350 games and 800 goals for the benefit of the club.

Hawkins shamelessly played on for himself and is now a complete liability.

“Recency bias”

Tom was winning flags before Jack even got close to finals.

A lot of people have always rated Tom over Jack. His forward ruck craft that he developed & perfected over the past 4-5 years only added to his game.

That’s the difference between the two.

Jack was ok stopping just short of 350 games and 800 goals for the benefit of the club.

Hawkins shamelessly played on for himself and is now a complete liability.
This forum was once (I’m probably showing my age) a place where people could actually discuss football objectively. You’re so anti-Geelong it’s not even funny. Guaranteed if there’s a Geelong player or thread mentioned you flock to it like a fly to shit. Richmond have had a lot of recent success. Why not enjoy that instead of trying to rain on everything Geelong? It’s embarrassing how obsessed you are with an opposition club.

This forum was once (I’m probably showing my age) a place where people could actually discuss football objectively. You’re so anti-Geelong it’s not even funny. Guaranteed if there’s a Geelong player or thread mentioned you flock to it like a fly to shit. Richmond have had a lot of recent success. Why not enjoy that instead of trying to rain on everything Geelong? It’s embarrassing how obsessed you are with an opposition club.
If Hawkins carried on his 2023 form I wouldn’t have mentioned it.

Even Geelong supporters are saying he needs to go.

Calls that Hawkins played a year too many are having a laugh.

He would still be a walk up best 22 player for every team.

People are soooo quick to forget.

Geelong won their first 6 games and were flying, included in those wins were vs Brisbane, Dogs and Carlton, no one was calling for Hawkins' head.

Then they lost 4 out of the next 5, people are chatting. They are giving up some big scores, nothing to do with Hawkins.

If Geelong had a midfield that could get it in to Hawkins quick enough, no one would be talking about him, he's still a beast with an awesome set shot routine and I'd personally still rather him right now over most other full forwards.

Give us Hawkins over Billy Frampton
Very Funny Reaction GIF

Love ya Bill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back