Preview Likely retirees 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldstein, Boak, Hawkins, Tuohy, Walker, Zorko, Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Rohan, Martin, Lynch, Liba, Heppell, Pendlebury, Stanley, Breust, Casboult, Howe, Rampe, Dixon, Duryea, Ward, Ducan, Walters, Cox, Shiels, Howe

I'm just listing old people off, I have no idea! There's a bunch of Geelong/Collingwood names in there :eyes:
I doubt lynch retires unless his injury ends up being worst than first thought

Good to see the wannabe comedians show up above
There an echo in here?

Ben Brown

They’d give it to Pendlebury, Martin won’t show up to get it if he’s retired.

Hmm we’ll see. I highly doubt they won’t give it to the best finals player ever. And he has more flags which is taken into account.

I’d probably rate Hawkins career better than Pendles too tbh.

Gaff for sure. OOC and hasn't been near the side since being dropped after round 1. Darling will definitely go around again. Has had a mini resurgence since about round 5. Sheed might get the tap too, he's only playing due to injuries atm.

2025/26 when Yeo/McGovern/Cripps & possibly Barrass all go is going to be tough for the club as they're far and away our best players each week.

2 that haven’t been named yet

David swallow and Chad wingard

Hawkins has been one of the best full forwards in the history of the game certainly in modern times anyway but he clearly went on a season to long.

The game has changed, there’s no space for forwards to lead into any more. I know you get the rare occasion they do get space but it’s not often you see a key forward take a contested mark on a lead like the 90s.

Toms one of the last genuine footballers left rather than the robotic athletes these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be surprised if Tim Membrey and/or Seb Ross check out

2 that haven’t been named yet

David swallow and Chad wingard

Wingard is contracted to the end of 2024, but his gradual return in the VFL over the last month has looked promising and he's still only 30.

If he can get back into the seniors and be fit at seasons end, we would probably offer another 1 year contract at minimum.

If Breust does hang up the boots this year, we would 100% keep Wingard around (assuming he is fit and wants to play on).

Wingard is contracted to the end of 2024, but his gradual return in the VFL over the last month has looked promising and he's still only 30.

If he can get back into the seniors and be fit at seasons end, we would probably offer another 1 year contract at minimum.

If Breust does hang up the boots this year, we would 100% keep Wingard around (assuming he is fit and wants to play on).
Chad seems to have a couple of good seasons left in him

Hawkins has been one of the best full forwards in the history of the game certainly in modern times anyway but he clearly went on a season to long.

The game has changed, there’s no space for forwards to lead into any more. I know you get the rare occasion they do get space but it’s not often you see a key forward take a contested mark on a lead like the 90s.

Toms one of the last genuine footballers left rather than the robotic athletes these days.

This is his last year but he is still value to the team because teams still put a gun defender on him - due to reputation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back