2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird by merc not to give ham the tow in Q3.

Seems a no brainer... boggles the mind.

Well done RedBull.

Norris throws a spanner in the works a bit. A bit of a buffer for ham at the start as I doubt he'll attack ham at turn 1 even if the opportunity presents..

3 cars behind ham on softs... he might be a bit nervous tonight.

Weird by merc not to give ham the tow in Q3.

Seems a no brainer... boggles the mind.

Well done RedBull.

Norris throws a spanner in the works a bit. A bit of a buffer for ham at the start as I doubt he'll attack ham at turn 1 even if the opportunity presents..

3 cars behind ham on softs... he might be a bit nervous tonight.
perez has to send it, he can seal the wdc for max if he gets ahead and holds lewis up

This will be great.

Verstappen on softer tyres will probably have the lead into T1. Hamilton will run longer on his harder tyres, so there's a real chance it will be him hunting down Verstappen in the closing stages.

Shame that Piastri doesn't have a guaranteed seat in F1 next year, but great to see him win F2 anyway.

Does Jos tell the story about how he kicked Max out of the car and left him stranded at a gas station because he was upset that he crashed during a race when he was a kid ?

Jos Verstappen is garbage, he shouldn't be portrayed as anything else.

I've had a few mates with Dutch parents over the years; this story doesn't surprise me at all, they're a strange breed.
One mate's father started charging his kids $50/week board the moment they turned 14&9months, regardless of whether they had a job or not. If they couldn't pay it, it would just keep accumulating, like a tab, until they could.
It ended up serving him well though, he started an extremely successful lawn mowing business which expanded into strata maintenance and home repairs. He's a very wealthy man these days.

loved the piastri interview after securing the world champ formula 2 title. obviously a bit pissed he'll be 'driving a sofa' next year but he seems so level headed and grounded. i'm on the oscar bandwagon. sorry daniel.

This will be great.

Verstappen on softer tyres will probably have the lead into T1. Hamilton will run longer on his harder tyres, so there's a real chance it will be him hunting down Verstappen in the closing stages.

Shame that Piastri doesn't have a guaranteed seat in F1 next year, but great to see him win F2 anyway.
absolutely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's outside the realms of possibility that if the Alpine isn't a title contending car next year under the new regulations, that Alonso will finally call it a day and Piastri steps straight in.
It's entirely possible, but also if Zhou goes well they'll put him in the seat.

Zhou isn't part of the Alpine junior system is he ?

I don't think so, surely he's now part of the Ferrari system yeah?

I see what he means, though - if Zhou does well, his sponsors should ensure he gets a permanent gig in F1 and if Alonso calls it quits while Zhou has a good year at Alfa, he'd be a target to partner Ocon.

Difficult to predict anyway - Vettel and Hamilton are decent chances of retiring (as well as Alonso) and that would cause major reshuffles.

I don't think so, surely he's now part of the Ferrari system yeah?

I see what he means, though - if Zhou does well, his sponsors should ensure he gets a permanent gig in F1 and if Alonso calls it quits while Zhou has a good year at Alfa, he'd be a target to partner Ocon.

Difficult to predict anyway - Vettel and Hamilton are decent chances of retiring (as well as Alonso) and that would cause major reshuffles.
I do wonder what Mercedes plan is post Hamilton

You would assume (depending on how next year goes) that Russell would become the number one driver, but who would they put alongside him in the Bottas role ?
Would they go after Ocon, who was in their system in the past ?
I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted Norris, but that would go against the philosophy of having a number one and number two driver.

Swartzmann is the other one. Pretty quick driver with money behind him.

He'd be amongst the favourites for F2 next season and is a Ferrari academy member.

I do wonder what Mercedes plan is post Hamilton

You would assume (depending on how next year goes) that Russell would become the number one driver, but who would they put alongside him in the Bottas role ?
Would they go after Ocon, who was in their system in the past ?
I wouldn't be surprised if they targeted Norris, but that would go against the philosophy of having a number one and number two driver.

Russell + hot talent - by that time Russell should be ready for senior number 1 driver duties.

Alpine seem keen to retain Ocon indefinitely. Norris would be a wild card imo but McLaren again would be keen to have him as the face of the team indefinitely. Perhaps someone like a Piastri :cool:

Russell + hot talent - by that time Russell should be ready for senior number 1 driver duties.

It would be hilarious if Albon kills it in the Williams and then gets moved up to Mercedes.

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Back