List Mgmt. 2021 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Durdin and agree with much of your post but I wouldn't say he has great goal sense. Owies and Honey do, but Durdin is a midfielder turned forward who sets up others and provides a contest/pressure.
Not sure any of them have proven to have great goal sense? Let’s wait and watch Motlop steal jobs.

That's pretty harsh... :eekv1:

The guy has been around for years and seemingly does little other than pot every recruiting decision we make.

Happy for him to answer and show us that I’m not correct, but I’m pretty sure he won’t.

Of course you couldn't.

Has there ever been an aspect of our list management you have understood?
Yes, actually, I was as pleased as punch when we drafted Weitering and then backed it up with McKay, back in 2015, but was also wise enough to have the sneaking suspicion that we'd pat each other on the back over it, thinking the job was done, and slowly revert to our old habits of plugging the gaps. There were also one or two other things I agreed with, that aren't really important right now. :cool:

Conversely, have you ever disagreed with anything the club has done that you thought deserved anything more than just a slapped wrist? Do we finally have list management sorted, now, after 25 (plus) years? Sorry for being so impatient to the point of not getting the memo. The proof is in the pudding, not in a change of deckchairs.

Last edited:
We've only got one spot.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not for long. We haven't had a complete list to select from this century. It is extremely doubtful that we will have one any time soon. We no sooner try out Oskar McDonald last year and realized we found something before we lost him for the year. Therefore, there will be spots available, be it sooner or later. Preferably, later, but who knows?
One of the reasons we had so many list problems is that we put on a number of guys last year, many of whom did not get a chance to show what they are truly worth. The big problem with the present system is that once you pick up a number of guys, you are left with the dilemma of what to do with them when the guys they replaced are available again. Nor were we the only club bitten by this.

Conversely, have you ever disagreed with anything the club has done that you thought deserved anything more than just a slapped wrist? Do we finally have list management sorted, now, after 25 (plus) years? Sorry for being so impatient to the point of not getting the memo. The proof is in the pudding, not in a change of deckchairs.

Yes, plenty. Glad you can pat yourself on the back though for agreeing with the club taking the consensus #1 pick 7 years ago. Talk about going out on a limb.

It's fine to disagree with things but balance is great. Maybe after all those years you could finally provide some?

Nice story to carry on Eddie's legacy, and means George will now likely take on the 29 he had at Swans.

My guess:
Durdin > 19
Hewett > 29
Cerra > 5
Motlop > 3
Young > 41
Akuei > 45
Close. Reckon Young gets 33 and Akuei 41. Guess we will know soon by reports
Edit Mirkov has 45

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it, not if he wants to get redrafted
I'm not arguing against our need to look at recruiting more KPPs, Rucks, I agree. It's just that I can understand more interstate players choosing to train at local clubs and it not being a conspiracy on our part that he's not training with us. How good is he, anyway (serious question)?

Last edited:
I'm not arguing against our need to look at recruiting more KPPs, I agree. It's just that I can understand more interstate players choosing to train at local clubs and it not being a conspiracy on our part that he's not training with us. How good is he, anyway (serious question)?

Players aren't making a choice who they train with, that comes down to the club moreso

How good is he, it's a SSP period, last chance Saloon

Purely based on Player Profiles and what I've seen on playing clips..
I'd hope we lean towards Leiu over Cripps

Cripps - seems slow and not as athletic. If he wasn't Paddy's brother, doubt we'd be talking about him...
Leiu - Seems quick, covers more ground and can play each third... Has more upside for mine...

Hope who ever doesn't get picked for seniors, get's an offer for reserves... Along with hopefully Polson and Voss..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back