CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Zane Trew and Luke Edwards are going to provide us with something beyond their years on the weekend. Even if we lose to Carlton, I see a team that can still finish top 4 this year. This is an injury crisis, but all our key players are going to be back within 3 to 4 games, not only when finals rolls around.

I think Trew is going to be a massive surprise packet for us against Carlton, to the point where he’ll be our best young mid in quite some years. From what I’ve seen, I have a feeling that he’ll become Yeo’s protege. I hold great respect for the protege/mentor relationship, and I reckon we’ll see his development come forward in leaps and bounds.

Is it time to win a flag, even though we’re facing the worst injury crisis we’ve seen in the past decade? You bet your ass we will. This season is going to knock the socks off every Eagle’s fan this year, and this is where my own expectations still are.

So, yeah, **** this shit, we’re going to turn it around.

Love the optimism.

The issue I see is not of wins, but of losses. It will take 15 wins to make top 4 this year. That means you can only afford to lose 7 times. We've already lost 5, that gives us two more goes. We are in the middle of an injury crisis and face Tigers, Swans and Dogs after the bye. Probably have to win all 3 to keep top 4 alive.

Tell you what, if the season was put on ice for 3-4 weeks I’d be very bullish about our back end of the year. But honestly, given the challenges we have faced this year, a finals appearance would be a terrific result.

2019 & 2020 were realistically underachieving years for a number of reasons. But we just haven’t been able to put anywhere near our best side this year, so if we manage to end the year having made finals again, I think that can be counted a positive.

We have seen our 2017 crop improve again this year, and we are seeing some kids blooded that will form part of our future. It’s not all doom and gloom for the future, as much as the last few weeks have perhaps given reason to doubt. We still have the blocks for a good shot next year.

The hope I hold out is we make finals , that hope isnt dead yet . Then to add to that hope is to time the injuries like 2016 western bulldogs and come from nowhere to win 4 games in a row and win the premiership . The winning feeling can reinvigorate especially as NN , JK , Hurn are not gonna get better . So this is it make finals with injured players fit and back on the park and just win 4 more of the best games in our history .

If we can somehow finish the season in a decent position, and all of the following applies:
  • Shuey is completely fit without anymore injuries for the rest of the year
  • Yeo is back to his best form
  • Willie is immediately match fit and in good form as soon his ban ends with no more incidents
  • Gov is fit
Then we may have a slight chance, but if not, there is not much hope.

If we can somehow finish the season in a decent position, and all of the following applies:
  • Shuey is completely fit without anymore injuries for the rest of the year
  • Yeo is back to his best form
  • Willie is immediately match fit and in good form as soon his ban ends with no more incidents
  • Gov is fit
Then we may have a slight chance, but if not, there is not much hope.
Mate if all of the applied it’s a lock...

Bump. The time has finally arrived board, we've been steadily banking our credits since 2014 and so far have only made the one withdrawal. Simpson is the Warren Buffet of the AFL and I for one am all about it. Time to make out like bandits and cash those bad boys in. GF from 7th. Mark it down. forwardpress I refuse to predict beyond that until you kindly delete the offer above, we are a family club please.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes! Strap yourselves in ladies and gents, this is going to be a wild ride after all. Bigfooty mad Monday is going to be very much shades of 2006, leave the kids at home. I'll book the short people you name the venue forwardpress

Edit: If Ainsworth is lucky enough to be listed emergency on the big day we might be able to talk his parents into booking the Squash Club for us. [Little Esperance deep cut for the country WA trivia fans lol]

Bump. The time has finally arrived board, we've been steadily banking our credits since 2014 and so far have only made the one withdrawal. Simpson is the Warren Buffet of the AFL and I for one am all about it. Time to make out like bandits and cash those bad boys in. GF from 7th. Mark it down. forwardpress I refuse to predict beyond that until you kindly delete the offer above, we are a family club please.

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaallled it! Credit withdrawal in progress, Jamie Cripps 8 goals.

So I put in a special request to the club for a credit withdrawal and they delivered, with the boys kicking 14:14 as tribute to their number one fan and amateur list analyst. This was a call to action sent direct from the players to the board that you all need to listen to Moosey1414 just a little bit more and have some self belief, and dare I say it ARROGANCE, about yous and this thread gets no love. No love at all. No even the promise of sexual favours by an overtly generous and frankly perverted fellow poster could inspire you lot of autistic virgins to dream the greatest of dreams. Disappointing.

The Grand Final will be played at Optus stadium I said. "Everyone should come hub in WA "Simmo said. And nothing. Disgrace.

This team has moved beyond a bipolar disorder to just being downright shit, quite a transition, to say the least.

I kinda fell off the team about 4 weeks ago, and as the only thing keeping me interested in football, I haven’t really followed the AFL as vigorously this season as before. The quality of football has severely disappointed me, and I’m at the point now where I’m more concerned about how these incessant rule changes are affecting Ammos level football than any impact it might have on Australian rules at the elite level.

However, despite all this, I have this gut feeling that something amazing is going to happen. That Melbourne game was shit, and I don’t really give a **** about it anyway, but something clicked after the lightening struck.

It reminded me a little of that game in 2014, when we smashed Adelaide at their home ground in a performance no one predicted. We may have lost to Melbourne instead of beating them, but I felt that was a subtle hint for something greater.

This team has moved beyond a bipolar disorder to just being downright sh*t, quite a transition, to say the least.

I kinda fell off the team about 4 weeks ago, and as the only thing keeping me interested in football, I haven’t really followed the AFL as vigorously this season as before. The quality of football has severely disappointed me, and I’m at the point now where I’m more concerned about how these incessant rule changes are affecting Ammos level football than any impact it might have on Australian rules at the elite level.

However, despite all this, I have this gut feeling that something amazing is going to happen. That Melbourne game was sh*t, and I don’t really give a fu** about it anyway, but something clicked after the lightening struck.

It reminded me a little of that game in 2014, when we smashed Adelaide at their home ground in a performance no one predicted. We may have lost to Melbourne instead of beating them, but I felt that was a subtle hint for something greater.
That was an awesome game against Adelaide. Also touched up Collingwood at home the next week.

Was that the Jon Giles Experience?
That was in 2016. We'd also had a mid-season collapse and that was the spark to get us going.

COme to think of it, we had collapses and recoveries in all of 2014,2016, 2017, 2020 and now 2021. Maybe this is just what Simmo does. Let's hope he goes away and comes back with the new Eagles Web

That was in 2016. We'd also had a mid-season collapse and that was the spark to get us going.

COme to think of it, we had collapses and recoveries in all of 2014,2016, 2017, 2020 and now 2021. Maybe this is just what Simmo does. Let's hope he goes away and comes back with the new Eagles Web
Yeah I seem to remember we’ve had both shockers and unexpected wins against Adelaide late in seasons over the years

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2021 Premiers - West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back