List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

We need quality not quantity, I wish we were in a position to make a bold play for JHF.

I just can't see what we could offer.

We have pick 16, F1, Melb F1 (maybe).

We would need to add a very good player to that to even get North to entertain us.
Keep trading 1st picks into future years until 2024.
Can we get him to nominate us in 2 years time? We could have 3 or 4 by then.
Is he that good though?

“If he wants to have a career as a professional footballer, he’ll need to act in a far better manner than he has right now, as will Dan, specifically at this footy club"
I just posted that quote as well, it stuck with me at the time. Davies usually has the players backs, you could tell Pistol had pissed him off (as well as costing the club 25K).

Ccj - 9 career games / ooc -

Roos future 2nd

Clark - played 11 games in the last 2 seasons after and 18 game debut season / contracted

Pick 22 + future 3rd

Ladhams is worth a fair chunk more than those two. Much more proven than either and also more upside.

I also hope this informs SPPs worth. He shouldn’t be worth less than a player Geelong hated so much they recruited octogenarians to replace him.

We need quality not quantity, I wish we were in a position to make a bold play for JHF.

I just can't see what we could offer.

We have pick 16, F1, Melb F1 (maybe).

We would need to add a very good player to that to even get North to entertain us.

That’s why I’m not caring about taking too many picks this year unless it helps get us a ready to roll player that fills a need.

Next years picks are potentially handy trade capital depending what happens on the Gold Coast and what crows do with their Melbourne first rounder. And if not we can either package up and move up the 2022 draft if it makes sense.

Roos future 2nd

Clark - played 11 games in the last 2 seasons after and 18 game debut season / contracted

Pick 22 + future 3rd

Ladhams is worth a fair chunk more than those two. Much more proven than either and also more upside.

I also hope this informs SPPs worth. He shouldn’t be worth less than a player Geelong hated so much they recruited octogenarians to replace him.
Spot on let's hope we stick to our guns and get what we want or hold him to his contract simple really.

I saw JOM on Brittania roundabout this morning. Then I saw him there again this afternoon
national-lampoonmain.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been an exciting trade period if Merrett was still rumoured to be moving.

So is Ladhams worth a 2022 1st round pick or a 2021 1st round pick?

Low 2022 first round pick would do me and a pick around 8-10 this year. Afterall there isn't many half decent rucks running around ready to move and CNA actually play at the level.

Do we really want those 2021 picks ?

Surely with Williams, Mead, Hayes, Jones as young high picks looking for opportunities, and MG, Clurey as forwards/backs that didn’t play in the prelim, with Finlayson effectively taking Ladhams prelim role we don’t have a raging need for multiple post top ten picks this year.

Are we better off improving our 2022 draft hand if we can’t directly improve our 2022 best 22.
May be but time will tell I suppose.

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists but Peter Ladhams is being moved on because he wants to move. He has been told that Lycett is our first choice ruckman so if he stays he competes with Sam Hayes for the no2 spot. Ladhams wants to be no 1 AFL ruckman and is prepared to look at another club to get that spot. No push or shove out the door just a matter of the Club's priorities not matching Pete's ambition. Happens all the time.
The only really disappointing bit of that is Hayes isn't no. 1 ruck choice and he'd be competing with Lycett. In a year or two when Lycett is even more cooked we'll be joining 10 other clubs desperate for a backup ruck, where as if we'd told Ladhams and Hayes they are battling it out for no. 1 now that Lycett has already clearly slowed down and is only going to get worse we'd be set.

Roos future 2nd

Pick 22 + future 3rd

North Melbourne want St Kilda's future second round pick for Xerri Price.

He's played 12 games in two seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back