List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Ccj - 9 career games / ooc -

Roos future 2nd

Clark - played 11 games in the last 2 seasons after and 18 game debut season / contracted

Pick 22 + future 3rd

Ladhams is worth a fair chunk more than those two. Much more proven than either and also more upside.

I also hope this informs SPPs worth. He shouldn’t be worth less than a player Geelong hated so much they recruited octogenarians to replace him.

1. Clark hasn't been traded yet. We can be like Dodoro if you want but it's a bloody stupid way of doing business.

2. CCJ was a future second but giving back pick 47. Its like saying Howard was traded for pick 18 when it also cost us moving from 10 to 12.

Lets make our argument in good faith. Ladhams is realistically a late first rounder, early second. Melbourne's future first is realistic as is 12+31 for 16+Ladhams. Those are all we can really hope for unless the swans get some other picks somehow.

I saw this on the Sydney thread. I don't mind this.

Trade: 12 + 31 for 16 and Ladhams

I really like this. The higher pick is what Hawks are desperate for and lets us ask for O'Meara and a pick back I reckon. Would probably be a later pick but either a future 3rd or 59 is still a decent improvement on our draft hand.

Well the Finlayson trade makes more sense now that it's clear Ladhams was pretty much shown the door at season's end.
We still need more than two genuine rucks on the list so I guess we draft a raw project one & hope to fckery Lycett & Hayes stay on the park.

We have the most confusing roundabout in the state. How can we improve it?

I know, let's double it!

#justAdelaidethings

I find the Britannia easy as, give way to your right is simple. Isn’t there are a crazy one with a tram going through it out near Carlton way? Always remembered that as crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I generally just give way to traffic coming from my right…🤷‍♂️

I've seen a person - have to think it was a tourist or some recent arrival from RHDistan - head right around the thing the wrong way around. Back in the days when it was a single. Very entertaining. I was on my motorcycle at stop heading south from Dequetteville tce and watching with... interest. Bit panicky they were as they realized what they were doing just kept going, past me with a fright in their eyes I can still see and the long way around onto Wakefield. Lucky as, it was a quiet weekend afternoon lol

Wouldn't trade Left Hand Drive for all the low draft picks in the world ;)

I really like this. The higher pick is what Hawks are desperate for and lets us ask for O'Meara and a pick back I reckon. Would probably be a later pick but either a future 3rd or 59 is still a decent improvement on our draft hand.
Getting a late pick back is meaningless. It will either get chewed up by a burgoyne bid or it will be at a similar level to our other late picks, which we are probably not going use anyway.

If Omeara does end up wanting to move then it is far more advantageous to us to have two firsts so we can give one but hang on to the other. If he doesn't then Melbourne pick next year is significantly more useful than pick 33 and an upgrade in this draft.

He's a contracted player. If we don't get what we want then we can just move on, which is what Davies has said from the beginning.

I've missed a day's worth of trade speculation. Have we provided any real indication of interest in O'Meara?

I'm not a fan of the pick 12 and 31 for 16 and Ladhams deal. It equates to Ladhams being worth a mid-range second rounder. He's in contract and about to enter the prime of his career. We need to do better than that.

yep i only wait till the last hour of trade week or whatever its called now to listen to anything thats when everything gets done. do they still have that coverage on fox in the room where they go to sign the paper work ??? that was riveting

First Frampton and now Ladhams... why does my favourite player always have to leave?
Anyways I'm now announcing myself as the CEO of the Todd Marshall fan club, I really really hope he doesn't leave.

Not fussed in losing Ladhams at all

For 2022
Finlayson is already a better forward
Hayes is already a better pure tap ruckman

A ruckman who cant ruck is just another Billy Frampton. You stick him all over the field to find him a position which he has to grow into and doesnt come naturally. See Ladhams going forward and his hands and goal kicking for reference.

Gawn and Jackson were able to work because Jackson has the tank and is athletic enough to run all over the ground win the ball and use it. Jackson is already a better player than Ladhams for their similar roles in the team and has more than half a brain to not break lockdown bubble rules as a professional athlete.

People talk about SPP being shipped out and not making playing a game at another club. I can see exactly that with Ladhams some more off field discretions and bobs your uncle

Lets look at Ladhams "good" games

Rd9 Vs Doggies against a 5 game ruckman
Rd10 Vs Pies where Grundy was in the shittest form of his life and from a pure ruck standpoint Ladhams attended 58 ruck contests and managed 10 hitouts. Beat a cooked Grundy around the ground gets arsed in the position hes actually supposed to play what a surprise
Rd 11 His only actual good game against an upcoming ruck in Darcy
Wont count the Carlton game because anyone could of played well agaisnt them

You never see match winning clutch goals, match winning taps from Ladhams that we see from Lycett

No big loss

I generally just avoid it and find an alternative route.
You guys are soft as butter. Now being stuck on the regency road hill at the lights in an old Kingswood premier with no handbrake, that was a challenge

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back