List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists but Peter Ladhams is being moved on because he wants to move. He has been told that Lycett is our first choice ruckman so if he stays he competes with Sam Hayes for the no2 spot. Ladhams wants to be no 1 AFL ruckman and is prepared to look at another club to get that spot. No push or shove out the door just a matter of the Club's priorities not matching Pete's ambition. Happens all the time.

I’d swap Ladhams for Sydney’s future first with some chips some way. Keep the Cows out of it.

if we are after a late teen pick this year, sounds fair to me

I recall Fantasia's deal and Jeremy Cameron to Geelong was done well late at night and past that time last year, am I wrong?

And several others too. There probably had to be something lodged before the deadline, but with so many deals still in play the final tick-off for a few came well after the deadline.

See 12 November here.

Sorry to disappoint the conspiracy theorists but Peter Ladhams is being moved on because he wants to move. He has been told that Lycett is our first choice ruckman so if he stays he competes with Sam Hayes for the no2 spot. Ladhams wants to be no 1 AFL ruckman and is prepared to look at another club to get that spot. No push or shove out the door just a matter of the Club's priorities not matching Pete's ambition. Happens all the time.
Stop making so much sense. People here prefer the drama option 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Bell was right...

Rory Lobb’s trade bid to return to Greater Western Sydney from Fremantle has reportedly been called off, with the 28-year-old set to remain at the Dockers for the second-last year of his contract in 2022.

Lobb had expressed a desire to leave the Dockers and take a pay cut to rejoin the Giants, but his manager Colin Young told AFL Media the deal was now off.

“We exhausted all avenues to try and assist GWS facilitate this trade in which we believe all parties would benefit in the long run,“ Young said.

“I advised all parties at 7.30pm Sunday evening by email that this trade would not get off the ground so we should all move on.”

I saw this on the Sydney thread. I don't mind this.

Trade: 12 + 31 for 16 and Ladhams

Do we really want those 2021 picks ?

Surely with Williams, Mead, Hayes, Jones as young high picks looking for opportunities, and MG, Clurey as forwards/backs that didn’t play in the prelim, with Finlayson effectively taking Ladhams prelim role we don’t have a raging need for multiple post top ten picks this year.

Are we better off improving our 2022 draft hand if we can’t directly improve our 2022 best 22.

Last edited:
Do we really want those 2021 picks ?

Surely with Williams, Mead, Hayes as young high picks looking for opportunities, and MG, Clurey as forwards/backs that didn’t play in the prelim, with Finlayson effectively taking Ladhams prelim role we don’t have a raging need for multiple post top ten picks this year.

Are we better off improving our 2022 draft hand if we can’t directly improve our 2022 best 22.

We need quality not quantity, I wish we were in a position to make a bold play for JHF.

I just can't see what we could offer.

We have pick 16, F1, Melb F1 (maybe).

We would need to add a very good player to that to even get North to entertain us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back