List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams and Hayes could be our next tandem for several years.

I think the issue here is that it seems clear that Ladhams wants more time as the number 1 ruck and not simply the backup. Even when partnering with Hayes he will have limited ruck time in the future.

I’d say even if we keep him this year there is a good chance he asks for a trade next season and we lose our leverage.

If Ladhams wants to be a number 1 ruck, that won’t be at Port.

i dont see why ladhams couldnt be our solution to a full back? as far as i remember his 20m sprint is the best of any of our big guys?
?????????.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Carlton
IN: Cerra
OUT: Pick 6

Fremantle
IN: SPP, Frederick
OUT: Cerra, Pick 8

Port Adelaide
IN: Dawson, Pick 6, Pick 8, Pick 12
OUT: SPP, Ladhams, Frederick

Sydney
IN: Ladhams
OUT: Dawson, Pick 12

Last edited:
I would trade out of next years draft into this year if this year is the better draft for mids.

It’s a midfielders game now. That’s where the talent should be
I don’t think it is a better draft for genuine mids.

Next years draft is stacked with rucks and kpp, but has some high end genuine centre mids.

It’s hard to tell this far out how good the depth is but it should be pretty good.

This years draft has a pretty weak and underdeveloped Victorian group.

What did we do with Primus, Lade & Brogan.

Trading Ladhams IMO would be stupid. Lycett is not that great and is near the end. Ladhams and Hayes could be our next tandem for several years. Ladhams also has significant upside. Improve his contested marking, get a little stronger in ruck and he could be elite.

We'd want to get something very good to trade out Ladhams. Especially after we've seen just how long it has taken to uncover some rucks.

Exactly right. We only have 3 ruckmen on the list and we know at some point in the year Lycett will be injured or suspended. If we trade Ladhams, the untried Hayes will have to lead the ruck for a whole game. To prevent that, we have to get in a back up ruckman who knows he's third in line and could be resigned to playing sanfl footy for much of the year. Not even Ceglar would come at that, although he would be a handy back up option.

Having said that, I expect Ladhams to leave now. This has gone a long way down the path by the sounds of it, with Sydney and now Hawthorn looking to offer him lead ruck duties and a contract to match. Hawks would be less attractive because they have McEvoy and the monster kid Reeves. But Sydney will be keen to follow through.

SPP isn't worth trading for what we would get. I think he will stay and hopefully settle as a new dad.

What do you do with Hayes, Ladhams and Lycett?

Stick Ladhams at half back?

Not so fussed re SPP.

Hayes continues to develop in the sanfl and gets exposed to AFL footy during the year, when Lycett is injured/suspended/rested.

Hayes is still a young development ruck. Remember he missed two years of competitive football with an ACL and the 2020 season.

Exactly right. We only have 3 ruckmen on the list and we know at some point in the year Lycett will be injured or suspended. If we trade Ladhams, the untried Hayes will have to lead the ruck for a whole game. To prevent that, we have to get in a back up ruckman who knows he's third in line and could be resigned to playing sanfl footy for much of the year. Not even Ceglar would come at that, although he would be a handy back up option.

Having said that, I expect Ladhams to leave now. This has gone a long way down the path by the sounds of it, with Sydney and now Hawthorn looking to offer him lead ruck duties and a contract to match. Hawks would be less attractive because they have McEvoy and the monster kid Reeves. But Sydney will be keen to follow through.

SPP isn't worth trading for what we would get. I think he will stay and hopefully settle as a new dad.

Swap Ladhams and Dawson - but preference is Crows. Could of been so easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His preference was paying him top dollar. Fair call. If we looked at swapping Ladhams and could up his $$s would that change his mind? Probably not as has made his call now.

What did we do with Primus, Lade & Brogan.

Trading Ladhams IMO would be stupid. Lycett is not that great and is near the end. Ladhams and Hayes could be our next tandem for several years. Ladhams also has significant upside. Improve his contested marking, get a little stronger in ruck and he could be elite.

We'd want to get something very good to trade out Ladhams. Especially after we've seen just how long it has taken to uncover some rucks.
We were fairly lucky that Lade spent a couple years injured with a broken leg and then primus went down, I feel like I qe had all 3 fit and firing qe may have lost one.

Last edited:
Can’t see them trading Ladhams then?

I think that boat is sailing too far down the river now. I think he's gone. But as he is contracted it will have to be a deal that favours us.

But now we have to find at least a competitive back up, because you wouldn't want to be throwing Hayes into the first ruck role unprepared. And I don't know who that player is. Basically it would have to be someone at the end of their career. Keegan Brooksby is available again. ;)

I think we could get what the Swans get for Dawson. After all, Sydney must see Ladhams as their lead ruckman for the next 8 years. That makes him valuable.

Carlton

Fremantle

Port Adelaide

Sydney
OUT: Pick 12

jv1lC6r5A1zvQqHwGW6-tk2K8YI=.gif

Carlton

Fremantle

Port Adelaide

Sydney
OUT: Pick 12

I like how Freo give us pick 6 for free and Sydney figure they may as well give us Dawson for free too. Maybe sympathy trades for being left with Ken Hinkley?

try playing him in the middle, we got smashed 4 times in the opening quarters by better midfields relying on ollie & boak. why spp isnt starting games at the centre square is beyond me, if you want to put him out to the flanks after that then so be it.

Lycett a big part of the problem IMO, but I also agree it was criminal how little SPP was used at centre square bounces in 2021.

What do you do with Hayes, Ladhams and Lycett?

Stick Ladhams at half back?

Not so fussed re SPP.

Lycett should be rested 4-5 times a season. He honestly looks like a Diplodocus against the premier rucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back