Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

When you say scraps, was there a bit of malice or just hot for the contest?

Don’t want any Setanta O’Hailpin antics here
No surprises there I think. Competition for spots ( especially the midfield ) are up for grabs and the boys will go hell for leather trying to establish themselves as regular senior players. Now more than ever I am confident that we will see the return of a genuine tough as nails side that won’t take a backward step

Next year is going to be so much fun watching this young side evolve - win loss ledger will be irrelevant

I think there is a big difference between big bodied and tall midfielders.

Hustwaite is tall, but he certainly isn't a big bodied midfielder (as yet).

No doubt that journo did not know that Mitchell has the idea to develop Weddle into a midfielder.

There main issue though was that there was only one "big bodied" midfielder in the mix around our pick (Ginbey) and we ended up picking a player who is much more skilled and is of a similar size anyway.

No doubt that journo did not know that Mitchell has the idea to develop Weddle into a midfielder.

There main issue though was that there was only one "big bodied" midfielder in the mix around our pick (Ginbey) and we ended up picking a player who is much more skilled and is of a similar size anyway.
Its stupid mate. Their rating of our picks was based on the fact we didn't pick any of the players that their "experts" had assigned to us.

I'm sure the journo in question could have quickly verified that the 188cm and 83kg Cam MacKenzie wasn't exactly small in comparison to the 189cm and 82kg Reuben Ginbey.

My mail is that Burge has brought his program from the Tigers to make us far more explosive and powerful. The feel over the last few years, is that we lacked these traits in Boyd's program.

Is this just explosive and powerful in running wise as the tiger players size are also a lot different to our also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a lot of faith in Burge. He got our list purring at the start of 08. Much like he did with the Tiges around 2017. Good operator.
Won't surprise me if we are one of the fitter teams out there, and storm out of the blocks come r1.

That won’t help getting the kid that everyone wants with pick 1 in next years draft

That won’t help getting the kid that everyone wants with pick 1 in next years draft
I realise you've probably got your tongue firmly in your cheek when you say that but I wish people would stop pining for Harley Reid.

Wins on the board in 2023 will do immeasurably more for the development of our young team than the future addition of any one player - no matter how good that player might turn out to be.

In other words, the downside of finishing last on the ladder, in terms of the negative impact that'll have on the confidence of our youngsters, would be a lot worse than any compensatory future upside in recruiting Reid.

I'm confident we won't go backwards compared to 2022.

I realise you've probably got your tongue firmly in your cheek when you say that but I wish people would stop pining for Harley Reid.

Wins on the board in 2023 will do immeasurably more for the development of our young team than the future addition of any one player - no matter how good that player might turn out to be.

In other words, the downside of finishing last on the ladder, in terms of the negative impact that'll have on the confidence of our youngsters, would be a lot worse than any compensatory future upside in recruiting Reid.

I'm confident we won't go backwards compared to 2022.
😜😜😜
Half Baked Boo GIF

When you say scraps, was there a bit of malice or just hot for the contest?

Don’t want any Setanta O’Hailpin antics here
There was some gritted teeth and menacing faces as players grappled on the ground, a few expletives and some arms and elbows being pushed up into teammates faces as they rolled around on the deck. Nothing too crazy or violent, but certainly quite spirited.

Thanks SYL these reports during the off season are special 👍. Did you by chance notice which group Ramma was spending time with?
Ramma was mostly with the draftees and talls. Draftees weren’t always split off from the main groups, and they also had more senior players going through their groups at times.

Thanks SYL - how were the skills looking? Or just far too early to get a read?
Skills were ok once they go to the footballs and got use to the conditions, as they seem to let all players get acclimatized to the wet footys for 5 minutes with some basic circle work prior to breaking into drills after the initial running groups, but they also used a little basketball for some of the contest stuff, to keep it wizzing around.

There was some gritted teeth and menacing faces, a few expletives and some arms and elbows being pushed up into teammates faces as they rolled around on the deck. Nothing too crazy or violent, but certainly quite spirited.

Here is a theory...

It's all a 'work'. For non-wrestling fans that means it's all been organised to go down this way.

Why?

Well it may explain why the new draftees are being made to stand and watch drills from the side. They're been given an example of what it's going to take to break into this team. The unsociable Hawks are back!

Good chance none of that is true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back