Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat – brought to you by Harvest Snaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah nuts to be from the UK, travel the world and the place you decide to settle down and move to is Frankston lol
It's pretty funny hey. Apparently what sold him on the peninsula is that he loves motorbikes, I get it, would be mad fun riding through the ranges on a day like today.

Loves a reno too, he's bought a few properties in some of our wine regions etc. and flipped them for a mint.

Remember watching this live back in the day on Recovery on a Sunday morning, Id pretty much already fallen for Deftones at this point but this sealed it. Abe going **** nuts on those drums. :love:

Remember watching this live back in the day on Recovery on a Sunday morning, Id pretty much already fallen for Deftones at this point but this sealed it. Abe going **** nuts on those drums. :love:

I love Abe's drumwork. Tightest drummer I've seen live, which isn't something I'd normally think about. He's so bang on with everything, it's crazy, but still keeps all his fills & everything really creative.

Deftones are one of the few positives from the nu-metal era.

I just got a nice email from Peter Lawrence.

I might just read the judgement he linked and see what it’s all about.

His timing is good. Strangely I’m losing confidence in our current board and administration

IMPORTANT UPDATE FROM DEEMOCRACY
5c483088-f1dd-039a-00ea-92866416dd63.jpg
Dear voting member,

Like every MFC member, we want a stronger club and we need your support.

Last week’s Federal Court decision demonstrates that the Club only made important changes to its electoral processes because of the litigation brought by Deemocracy.
The judge said “…Mr Lawrence’s dogged efforts to persuade the MFC to change its election rules and practices have already resulted in the MFC adopting many of the changes to the club’s rules along the lines of those for which he contended.”
We now have a process which is more open, transparent and fair.

The judgment is worth reading as it provides a good summary of off-field events of the last 3-4 years and shows how determined the Board have been to protect its closed shop. If you have time, you can read the judgment here.

This case would not have happened if the Board had openly and genuinely engaged with Deemocracy and all MFC members from the beginning. Did you know that only 30 members were hastily consulted in March this year, before the rules were changed in April?

The changes are summarised in this short video (less than 2 minutes):
The Board’s Response

The questionable decision-making continues; on further display in the triumphant tone of the President’s message sent last Thursday, rushed out at 10.30am, less than one hour after receiving a 34-page judgment.

As he delivered the decision, Justice O’Callaghan indicated his “preliminary view” that it was “relatively clear” that each party should bear its own costs. This is the outcome Deemocracy will be pressing for.

What Next?

Our season is over; we under-achieved both on and off the field. The CEO himself has acknowledged that we need a review. It should be an independent review. Let’s open ourselves up to outside voices. Let’s ask hard questions and work through solutions together. For example, where is the four year strategic plan that the Board promised (in the 2023 Annual Report) would be delivered in February 2024?

Only your voice will help us re-build our Club.

If you believe that an immediate independent review of the Club is necessary, let your voice be heard.

Immediate, because we need to set the direction and make necessary changes before the men’s pre-season comes around. Independent, to remove any internal biases.
Act Now

As a MFC member, you have a role to play in shaping our Club’s immediate future.
Do you support an independent review of the Club?
Click YES if you agree and share your thoughts on the Deemocracy website.
YES
NO
Many thanks,

Peter Lawrence
Deemocracy
Copyright Deemocracy 2024.
All rights reserved.

Under the Corporations Act, the MFC provided Deemocracy with the addresses of Members.
The MFC and Mr Lawrence have agreed that the copy of the list containing members addresses is destroyed within two days of the date of this message.

Unsubscribe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Proper Gander, yours has the working links, which is way better
Thanks. I basically piss all over amateurs like Scythe94 , but it’s nice to get the recognition.

I’ve worked through Mr Laurence’s docs now. He doesn’t exactly present as insane.

Thanks. I basically piss all over amateurs like Scythe94 , but it’s nice to get the recognition.

I’ve worked through Mr Laurence’s docs now. He doesn’t exactly present as insane.
Welcome back to moderating duties, PG. You'll love this offseason :love:

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat – brought to you by Harvest Snaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back