Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat – brought to you by Harvest Snaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is everyone's favourite cartoon character?

Mine is Slowpoke Rodriguez.

View attachment 2113473
Can I include weird stuff like La Linia? I liked him because he was so angry.

Also claymation I liked those two pieces of plasticine that the ABC used to stick in gaps between shows that ran short due to no advertising

People can be really shit.

There is a woman who lives near me with schizophrenia (I was pretty sure about this, but confirmed now).

Every now and again I’ve spotted her stomping around in pjs and bathrobe and slippers muttering to things in her head. I’ve tried asking if she wants help or for me to take her home or something but couldn’t persuade her. A few hours back I found her stomping in nightwear onto the Burwood Road. Brakes screeching, car horns. One dick rolled his window down to call her a campaigner. Loads of pedestrians around just rubbernecking. I managed to get her to come home with me and installed her in the kitchen with about 4 cups of tea while we talked mad stuff at each other while I waited for the MH crisis team. Luckily they knew her from description and arrived with her sister so all good.

Can’t believe people stand by watching a clearly sick person endanger themselves.

Last edited:

There is a woman who lives near me with schizophrenia (I was pretty sure about this, but confirmed now).

Every now and again I’ve spotted her stomping around in pjs and bathrobe and slippers muttering to things in her head. I’ve tried asking if she wants help or for me to take her home or something but couldn’t persuade her. A few hours back I found her stomping in nightwear onto the Burwood Road. Brakes screeching, car horns. One dick rolled his window down to call her a campaigner. Loads of pedestrians around just rubbernecking. I managed to get her to come home with me and installed her in the kitchen with about 4 cups of tea while we talked mad stuff at each other while I waited for the MH crisis team. Luckily they knew her from description and arrived with her sister so all good.

Can’t believe people stand by watching a clearly sick person endanger themselves.
This makes me very sad but it's unsurprising. Often people just judge someone acting differently as a hindrance without really stopping to think why.

Good on you PG, what you did takes courage. That’s why most people stand by and do nothing..

Good on you PG, what you did takes courage. That’s why most people stand by and do nothing..
Thanks Crimson.

I’ve seen this before though, so knew what it looked like which is a bit less scarey. I can understand people being reluctant to approach someone delusional - can often be amphetamine abuse or whatever so pretty unpredictable - still pisses me off a bit because even then if you can’t approach you can still hang back and call 000. But she was a woman in probably 50s and other than being in a bathrobe and delusional didn’t look the part. People yelling at her or taking video footage for social media was pretty off though.

Bigfooty is pretty good preparation for talking for a few hours to someone in a psychotic episode. It wasn’t unlike what you get from the average thread on the Drafts / Trades board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat – brought to you by Harvest Snaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back