Play Nice 2022 AFL/AFLW Crowds/TV Ratings/Stream thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Every scg night game has been pretty boring this year other than the Richmond one, they have all been blow outs from memory. The swans fans are the only ones in the comp that leave early when their team is thrashing the opposition 😅

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I saw 21,652 for St Kilda v Freo.
Very disappointing crowd. Should of got 25,000 minimum.

Good crowd in the Gold Coast. If the Gold Coast can be a top 8 side can see Them getting some sellouts especially against Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond who have big followings in qld

Just goes to show how big/good the Pies foundational base is. This was like playing an interstate team today. Norf are going terribly and still nearly got 50,000

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seriously it was like 95% pro Collingwood. It was like playing freo or port at the g! Seriously there would of been no more then 2,000 north fans at the game!!

Very disappointing crowd. Should of got 25,000 minimum.

Good crowd in the Gold Coast. If the Gold Coast can be a top 8 side can see Them getting some sellouts especially against Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond who have big followings in qld
Not sure about 25,000 but it was a bit disappointing. All of the train lines in the south-east and east having disruptions would not have helped.

Another good crowd for GC. Hope the win brings them back for their next home game.

GC’s 10th largest home crowd at Carrara.

The top three home games which I excluded, were two at the Gabba (their first home game ever, and the Q-Clash in their first season), and one at Optus against Freo (when Carrara was out of action for the Commonwealth games).

GC’s 10th largest home crowd at Carrara.

The top three home games which I excluded, were two at the Gabba (their first home game ever, and the Q-Clash in their first season), and one at Optus against Freo (when Carrara was out of action for the Commonwealth games).
Just goes to show the Suns aren't the problem. If they had the level of success the Giants had, I'm confident they'd have carved a very sizable supporter base here on the coast. And yet they haven't and are still getting bigger crowds than the Giants.

(And on a further positive note, this crowd edges them past the titans on average crowds this season)

Twilight Saturday is the sweet spot for us
Maybe the afl should schedule all home games for the suns with that time slot. Also a great time for traveling fans to the Gold Coast as well!! Also to maximise growds the afl should schedule home games for Gold Coast against the big 4 Victorian clubs during the school holidays

Maybe the afl should schedule all home games for the suns with that time slot. Also a great time for traveling fans to the Gold Coast as well!! Also to maximise growds the afl should schedule home games for Gold Coast against the big 4 Victorian clubs during the school holidays

Dunno if Travis Auld can make that happen he seems a bit confused by the fixturing.

Just goes to show the Suns aren't the problem. If they had the level of success the Giants had, I'm confident they'd have carved a very sizable supporter base here on the coast. And yet they haven't and are still getting bigger crowds than the Giants.

(And on a further positive note, this crowd edges them past the titans on average crowds this season)

GC have so far averaged 12,603 across 7 games at Carrara this season.

Meanwhile GWS have so far averaged 5,769 across 5 games at Showgrounds this season.

It rises up to an average of 9,069 across 6 home games in Sydney, if you include their home game at Homebush against Sydney, where it was hoped Buddy Franklin would kick his 1000th goal.

Alternatively GWS have averaged 11,434 across 2 games in Canberra.

As a fair comparison where GWS were doing half well, in 2019 they averaged 12,411 from 8 games at Showgrounds.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2022 AFL/AFLW Crowds/TV Ratings/Stream thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back