AFL 2022 AFL Finals - Week 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago when I was playing poker at Crown I saw Adam Cooney and Brian Harris (Lake) at the tables.

This would have been around 2005 iirc.

I don't know how much they bet or if they were 'big wheels' but I did see them there playing, which is enough for a nomination at least :thumbsu:

Mark Harvey

Mick McGuane

Max Gawn loves to play poker as well.

Tom Papley loves the racing

surely schwarz upgraded to CHF and captain...he would look up at scoreboard during game at the racing results LOLL,had to borrow money off the club the morning of a game to pay a debt off, he blew 5 million and got Johnstone and Ward addicted hahah

back on topic.. i really can't see brisbane reversing that shocking performance and also the monkey on back with all the home finals losses... they did beat richmond once but at Gabba but all the momentum is Richmonds way here.. tigers price will come in to around 1.75 I feel once Dusty is named too... no Rayner as well... other games could go either way..

Names ring a bell but I wouldnt know who they are .

Guessing they were players in the 70s?
Greening played for Collingwood in the early 70s. Moved to the Gold Coast in later years and operated as a bookie.

Simon Beasley played for the doggies during the 80's. Later became a big rails bookie in Melbourne. One of his famous clients was Travis Johnstone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

B: B.Guerra B.Lake H.Shaw
HB: C.Brown L.Whitnall B.Gibbs
C: D.Thomas J.Greening M.Campbell
HF: S.Goodwin D.Schwartz N.Brown
F: J.Stephenson B.Fevola J.Stringer
R: M.Gawn D.Beams A.Cooney
Int: J.Jenkins S.Beasley T.Papley M.McGuane

That is a surprisingly decent team.

Would probably be top 4 this season. Definitely top 8 imho (barring injuries).

teams with all a week off should be running on top of the ground, but obviously finals tighten scores up often... I do like dees/swans over 163.5 though if the weather is ok.

Has anyone seen the tab "what are the odds" section... $2 for 2 goals to be scored every qtr every game seems a gift ..would love to know how many games had only 1 goal scored in it this year... Think $2 for it to happen in 9 games with skillful teams and better weather fast tracks is great... 7.00 for 3 looks gettable too ive seen worse 7.00 shots.. 4 is a tad adventurous but at 67.00 itll give me something to watch😊

Last edited:
Each team 1 plus goal every qtr is 3.50 but you get 2.00 for two teams to combine for two goals in every game so i really think its over the odds.. 1400 total pts is 155 a game at $1.70 i like this too... A few games will go 170 to 180 so we can afford an out of the box 140 type game somewhere.... The wording is throwing me out i know its late but the 2 goals a quarter combined at $2.00says "every qtr every game" but the $3.50 each team 1 goal says "every qtr" not every game though lol wtf wouldnt every qtr also mean every game ????

Last edited:
Each team 1 plus goal every qtr is 3.50 but you get 2.00 for two teams to combine for two goals in every game so i really think its over the odds.. 1400 total pts is 155 a game at $1.70 i like this too... A few games will go 170 to 180 so we can afford an out of the box 140 type game somewhere.... The wording is throwing me out i know its late but the 2 goals a quarter combined at $2.00says "every qtr every game" but the $3.50 each team 1 goal says "every qtr" not every game though lol wtf wouldnt every qtr also mean every game ????
There are probably better bets going around but from the outside I took the $8 for 3+ Goals every quarter.

Roughly speaking given that there are 36 quarters where you require the goals to come through.

If backing $2.00 for 2+ Goals Every Quarter, means your backing $1.01944 (5 decimal places) for 36 quarters

If Backing $7 for 3+ Goals Every Quarter, means your backing $1.05554 (5 decimal places ) for 36 quarters

If Backing $67 for 4+ Goals Every Quarter, means your backing $1.12389 ( 5 decimal places) for 36 quarters

If Backing $501 for 5+ Goals Every Quarter, means your backing $1.18849 (5 decimal places) for 36 quarters.

Example in calculating the first line:

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 11.43.30 am.png

Might pay to look at maybe doing accumulators on consecutive quarters if you think there will be a game that might have 2-3 quarters with high scoring? Starting to feel that might be the value than waiting 36 quarters for a winner - despite how 'inflated' the odds seem.

There were 2 games on the backend of the season (rds 19-23), at Docklands, that didnt clear the line of 3+ goals every game. It would be one of the venues you least expect it to happen.

Last edited:
it'll be interesting... faster footy with riskier ball movement is back in vogue with how Geelong/Dees/swans/pies operate so I really expect it'll be a pretty decent finals scoring wise.. Freo/Dogs could drive the average down but even then dogs have shown no inclination to want to defend properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back