Teams 2022 Fantasy - Rate my Pre-Season Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEre is my version 1... Defence to me is a bit skinny but given the rest of the lines in the team look fairly strong I'm fairly happy with it. Hopefully the bench players i have picked. The bench players are the ones i cant get a gauge on.

EDIT: Replaced Charlie Constable with Matt Rowell. How i missed that is beyond me!!!

1640063606241.png

Attachments

• 1640062453980.png
    1640062453980.png
    226.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Always have a team that I use my partner's account for, so I can screw around and pick the team I wouldn't pick seriously...this may be the first year that I actually don't mind it, haha

Presentiiiinng, MID PRICE MAAADDDDNESSSSSSS (no-one over 841K and everyone else 792K or under):

1640136692648.png

Love this time if year to muck around with teams, so much can change until round 1 but so far I could be running without Gawn or Grundy ( again goes against what I said to myself last year)

My pre-season thinking before getting my spreadhseet fully locked and loaded are:

I want Jack Steele, i'm going to lock him in and enjoy, don't think i've ever owned him before.

I need to remember that rookies can score just as well as shitty mid pricers. That 350k guy may only score the same as a rookie and you're loosing 150 grand that can be used elsewhere, i.e beware of Cam Rayner.

I want to go back to guns and rooks. I'm going to try and limit myself to two-three mid priced guys and go from there. Will target all 'under priced' premiums though in the interest of maximising cash.

I'm ruling myself out of two gun rucks. I think G/G coming close to the pack now so there's not the same massive benefit in locking and loading. Will try and take the safe floor of a bloke like Witts so I can build the time to judge who will truly be tier 1 ruck by the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First crack:

DEF: Lloyd, Whitfield, Dawson, Maynard, Bowey, Foley
MID: Steele, Macrae, Dangerfield, Yeo, Caldwell, Horne-Francis, Daicos, Ward/Pedlar
RUC: Witts, Draper/Preuss (loop with Hayes)
FWD: Duncan, Dunkley, Butters, Gresham, Sparrow, W. Rioli

Actually happy with this till PS games start ....Rookie availability will determine changes to structure & last fill spot

Given Covid issues of potential players missing games .....want as many DPP players as possible & still need a mid rookie to complete the DEF / MID loop options

7 on-field Rookies :whitecheck: .....Port drafted Sam Skinner to play him, not as depth .....with his DEF/FWD status makes the perfect uitilty player

Queries :
M.Crouch versus Dunkley
Maynard ....does he play midfield this year
Do I need to boost F4 ? ....again Rookie availability will determine

1640208529141.png

Actually happy with this till PS games start ....Rookie availability will determine changes to structure & last fill spot

Given Covid issues of potential players missing games .....want as many DPP players as possible & still need a mid rookie to complete the DEF / MID loop options

7 on-field Rookies :whitecheck: .....Port drafted Sam Skinner to play him, not as depth .....with his DEF/FWD status makes the perfect uitilty player

Queries :
M.Crouch versus Dunkley
Maynard ....does he play midfield this year
Do I need to boost F4 ? ....again Rookie availability will determine

View attachment 1301163
Do you have salary space for that last spot or did you leave it out so you could afford that midfield? :cool:

Do you have salary space for that last spot or did you leave it out so you could afford that midfield? :cool:
I've got half the money .....I'll need to borrow the rest :)

Is Matt Crouch in full training?

I say first crack but it's already been tinkered with 2089 times. Bit worried that a fair few of the picks lack durability, this team might as well be made of paper.

Def: Crisp, Lloyd, Whit, Sicily, Kemp, Wilmot (Skinner, Gould)

Mid: Steele, Titch, Serong, Crouch, Caldwell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Clark, Smith)

Ruck: Grundy, Darcy (Hayes)

Fwd: Duncan, Dunks, Treloar, Butters, Pedlar, W Kelly (hollands, $190k, $190k)

Is Matt Crouch in full training?
Almost .....would suggest after Xmas he will ....Club obviously being ultra conservative, given how often he's broken down last year ....recent OP appears to have done the trick

Official comment: Crouch is on track for R1 ....and that's allowing for a setback

I say first crack but it's already been tinkered with 2089 times. Bit worried that a fair few of the picks lack durability, this team might as well be made of paper.

Def: Crisp, Lloyd, Whit, Sicily, Kemp, Wilmot (Skinner, Gould)

Mid: Steele, Titch, Serong, Crouch, Caldwell, JHF, Daicos, Ward (Clark, Smith)

Ruck: Grundy, Darcy (Hayes)

Fwd: Duncan, Dunks, Treloar, Butters, Pedlar, W Kelly (hollands, $190k, $190k)
Players like Skinner or Comben are perfect utilities .....even if you have both, they are interchangeable during the season as utilities, thus providing extra RUCK, DEF, and FWD coverage

Select one as utility and the other as a bench player

Almost .....would suggest after Xmas he will ....Club obviously being ultra conservative, given how often he's broken down last year ....recent OP appears to have done the trick

Official comment: Crouch is on track for R1 ....and that's allowing for a setback
Question is, are you picking him?

Added to that, we might not have a rookie priced R3.
Hayes a possibility but I have played with Grundy, Witts and then Pruess at R3. Costs a lot but could be great cash generation
strnadica

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back