Position 2022 Fantasy Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Selby who's always been big on the set and forget is advocating for fading Gawn with someone else this season. Especially interesting considering it's come in a year when more people than ever think starting him is the way to go.
Really? I listened to Selby on this morning's Traders podcast agree with the other three guess-perts that Gawn/Grundy was the way to go...

EDIT: as happy_eagle pointed out.

Really? I listened to Selby on this morning's Traders podcast agree with the other three guess-perts that Gawn/Grundy was the way to go...

EDIT: as happy_eagle pointed out.
Correct, he's backflipped on it in the last few days after Darcy's poor showing in the AAMI.

Prior to that it must be said he spent a lot of time talking about going other options to Gawn.

Correct, he's backflipped on it in the last few days after Darcy's poor showing in the AAMI.

Prior to that it must be said he spent a lot of time talking about going other options to Gawn.
Just proves to me even more that the 'free' expertise we share as a community here is worth more than any paid content. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Last edited:

Just proves to me even more that the 'free' expertise we share as a community here is worth more than any paid content. :thumbsu:
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
We nut out player A vs player B type scenarios better here no question. Nothing he's said on any player has changed my thinking.

The one thing I'll toot his horn on is the content he puts out about trading philosophy. For instance a good nugget I got a while back was instead of trying to nail a whole bunch of midpricers in your starting squad with a low success rate, limit the number you start with and in the early rounds trade into the ones who actually go bang when you can see the breakout is real. No question a shift in thinking like that has helped me avoid many of the busts over the last couple of years whilst getting in the very few that were well worth it.

We nut out player A vs player B type scenarios better here no question. Nothing he's said on any player has changed my thinking.

The one thing I'll toot his horn on is the content he puts out about trading philosophy. For instance a good nugget I got a while back was instead of trying to nail a whole bunch of midpricers in your starting squad with a low success rate, limit the number you start with and in the early rounds trade into the ones who actually go bang when you can see the breakout is real. No question a shift in thinking like that has helped me avoid many of the busts over the last couple of years whilst getting in the very few that were well worth it.
That is good advice, but I've heard it across multiple podcasts/websites/water coolers.

That is good advice, but I've heard it across multiple podcasts/websites/water coolers.
Water cooler talk with Jack from sales is a little different to 10x 40 min podcasts from someone who's won the thing. Not like it's an essential thing but if you're going to pay for one thing a year 30 bucks with some going to charity is decent value for a lot of the different insights that get you thinking along good lines.

Water cooler talk with Jack from sales is a little different to 10x 40 min podcasts from someone who's won the thing. Not like it's an essential thing but if you're going to pay for one thing a year 30 bucks with some going to charity is decent value for a lot of the different insights there that get you thinking along good lines.
Sure, no harm in doing it. My comment was highlighting that there is enough high quality free content for those that chose not pay.

Sure, no harm in doing it. My comment was highlighting that there is enough high quality free content for those that chose not pay.
For sure. Like I said not like it's an essential thing for success. Last year I didn't bother with it and was in with a shot at top 100 until very late.. year before I did and was nowhere near it.

I think it's crazy to get Preuss in particular, seeing as he won't be playing Round 1 :tearsofjoy:
Fair enough on Preuss but i think paying up for rookies on bench is still a good idea considering good 190k rookies r rare. Selby said on the traders podcast when he won in 2017 he paid up for rookies on bench as they were much better than the 190k rooks at that time and was a determining factor in him winning. So i think i will pay up for xerri , naish, macdonald and mccartin/sinn.

Fair enough on Preuss but i think paying up for rookies on bench is still a good idea considering good 190k rookies r rare. Selby said on the traders podcast when he won in 2017 he paid up for rookies on bench as they were much better than the 190k rooks at that time and was a determining factor in him winning. So i think i will pay up for xerri , naish, macdonald and mccartin/sinn.

Oh don't disagree there. With the dearth of rookies, I currently have McCartin and Ralphsmith both on my bench. Also considering Macdonald if needed as well. Already have Xerri on field, and won't pay 314K for Naish - given he doesn't have DEF status

Preyed is more than a rookie though. I have expensive rooks on bench but into the 300s, esp for one missing rd 1 is too much (unless your rolling with Hayes on field and preys is actually your R2)

It’s annoying as I’m confident in preuss as a pick. It tempts me to start eg Witt’s with full intent to get a little cash abd downgrade straight away (but I’m not going that way as Witt’s has hard rd1).

I’ll be open to trading him in even from a set and forget structure if he plays well in 1st game, and upgrade a failed mid/rookie elsewhere

Real dream team it’s another story where he is 255k bracket. That’s where he would have been my R3 in AF still

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone on board the Darcy train? Was a firm believer he goes 105, and gawn just a tad over that with less cbas. Had his best pre season in a while (not saying much) with a few little injuries, cruised through the AAMI and copped a big hit and everyone's off. All aboard the Darcy trainnn

Anyone on board the Darcy train? Was a firm believer he goes 105, and gawn just a tad over that with less cbas. Had his best pre season in a while (not saying much) with a few little injuries, cruised through the AAMI and copped a big hit and everyone's off. All aboard the Darcy trainnn

He's a walking injury though. Basically the ruck version of Taylor Adams.

Absolute gun, but never on the park

There's a solid case for it. In years where Ryder played most games he still averaged 99 and 96 adjusted. Based on that even if Ryder gets on the park for say around 10 games he should be 100-110 which would be pushing Gawn for 160k less.
I’m set on it now I think.
The upside is big, the downside really is we get a stagnant priced player (not ideal but not season defining, esp given Gawn is probably that too just at a higher price)

If he is putting out 90s 1st 2 weeks and preuss comes in rd 2 and shows he is the pick I thought he was then it’s marshall to preuss

I’m set on it now I think.
The upside is big, the downside really is we get a stagnant priced player (not ideal but not season defining, esp given Gawn is probably that too just at a higher price)

If he is putting out 90s 1st 2 weeks and preuss comes in rd 2 and shows he is the pick I thought he was then it’s marshall to preuss
IMO you concede defeat to those starting Gawn if you burn trades there. Going Marshall would also have to be a set and forget if it's going to be a winning move. Have to back him in to match Gawn in the long run or get close enough that it proves to be a win starting him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back