Trades 2022 Fantasy Trades - Round 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All comes down to taking some slight under priced options to have a full team by round 14 vs going full uber and having 1 rook still on field

Always interesting which way to go and what ends up best. Last year I went the latter and it won out with Sharp (GC) as the saviour rook. Will be doing the same this year if another one comes along.
Is Greg Clark not that guy potentially? We are obviously progressing teams so much faster this year...

All comes down to taking some slight under priced options to have a full team by round 14 vs going full uber and having 1 rook still on field

Always interesting which way to go and what ends up best. Last year I went the latter and it won out with Sharp (GC) as the saviour rook. Will be doing the same this year if another one comes along.
Wehr/Feahy

Tsitas/Hollands

Could all be 80 players if they get a gig

Tsitas is the only one I'd entertain fielding I reckon.
By that stage you should have all rookies off the field

We all should have just Clark/Martin left after this week surely

Yeah, Martin goes for me next week. Reckon can get one more score above BE out of him this week. Clark stays a while until he maxes I reckon. Will fix my forward line until Clark is no longer viable to field.

Is Greg Clark not that guy potentially? We are obviously progressing teams so much faster this year...
The saviour rook is a guy like Long Hollands or Tsitas.. someone that comes in cheap and can hold the fort after byes for a few weeks if needed. Allows Clark etc up to the very best without worrying about budgeting to "complete" your team.

Most go the complete your team asap at all costs route but don't mind rolling the dice which means avoiding some of those popular cheaper options that give you a leg up if they fall flat. Wines Taranto still getting either way but.

The saviour rook is a guy like Long Hollands or Tsitas.. someone that comes in cheap and can hold the fort after byes for a few weeks if needed. Allows Clark etc up to the very best without worrying about budgeting to "complete" your team.

Most go the complete your team asap at all costs route but don't mind rolling the dice which means avoiding some of those popular cheaper options that give you a leg up if they fall flat. Wines Taranto still getting either way but.
I am thinking if Long plays get a sighter this week and then either SDK/McCartin to him and Rozee/Martin to Taranto next week

RE: the Cameron/Cox discussion.. monsoonal weather on Sunday, i wouldnt have thought you'd play them both?

Then again,

Have that decision to make this week.. be left with only Clark/Martin on field or have those two and one of Hobbs or JHF but ditch a guy like Butters to an uber guy.

Yep fair. Last year I went after the big guys trying to get the best on each line. Can't recall if I ever finished my team lmao (Sharp may have survived to the death) This year will be a balance I think. Should have team all but complete with 21/22 and will just upgrade those last few forwards as I go and then Clark at the right time. If I can fill M7 & 8 with Wines and Zerrett they're basically ubers. Zez was going 115 and Wines 114 earlier in the year. Biggest issue is working out who the **** is a premo forward lmao.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep fair. Last year I went after the big guys trying to get the best on each line. Can't recall if I ever finished my team lmao (Sharp may have survived to the death) This year will be a balance I think. Should have team all but complete with 21/22 and will just upgrade those last few forwards as I go and then Clark at the right time. If I can fill M7 & 8 with Wines and Zerrett they're basically ubers. Zez was going 115 and Wines 114 earlier in the year. Biggest issue is working out who the duck is a premo forward lmao.
That's why I'm praying Smith gets FWD so the last upgrade goes to an uber mid instead of trying to work out who the next best FWD is.

Come round 14 would be Smith Dunks Taranto English Parker then the 1 that's kept out of Cogs/Butters/Martin at F6

You guys don't all have Sam Hayes on your field?

Ewww...

Nah but seriously. Preuss is the one trade that I actually feel so good about, even all these rounds of crap later. Got Preuss in off no games, because I'd had a gutful of Grundy and wanted Lachie Neale (who I meant to start with but faded at the last moment). Cost me 367K, which is cheaper than what Hayes is at now, so it's been such a win.

Genuinely surprised when someone doesn't have Gawn + Preuss as their one and two, as he's still potentially undervalued given he's averaging near 100 and he's got the ruck position locked down. I suppose though, that it was only a viable play when he was really cheap, as you essentially got another premo mid in instead. I'd assume on that basis, that you have an extra premo mid too?

Yeah, about that...

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

After last week all I'm seeing is Trac's name when Oliver was the main mention up until then. Should be close but Trac is the clear tag target and imo Oliver will average more for the season.
Probably a case of most having Oliver by now as Trac wasnt in good form the last month. But now he is.

If you had neither I'd probably be getting Oliver if you can afford it, but if you think you'll get both then you grab Trac now for value, and Clarry later.

Ewww...

Nah but seriously. Preuss is the one trade that I actually feel so good about, even all these rounds of crap later. Got Preuss in off no games, because I'd had a gutful of Grundy and wanted Lachie Neale (who I meant to start with but faded at the last moment). Cost me 367K, which is cheaper than what Hayes is at now, so it's been such a win.

Genuinely surprised when someone doesn't have Gawn + Preuss as their one and two, as he's still potentially undervalued given he's averaging near 100 and he's got the ruck position locked down. I suppose though, that it was only a viable play when he was really cheap, as you essentially got another premo mid in instead. I'd assume on that basis, that you have an extra premo mid too?
It's honestly just stubbornness from me at this stage with Preuss, will never get him in because I missed the boat. The week that Grundy went down Hayes had scored 72 on the bench before and with Hewett out it was a decision of playing Hayes over someone like Durdin in the forward line as a rookie. I went with Hayes on the basis he is No.1 ruck and has access to 25-30 free points from hit outs every week and now i'm too stubborn to change.

But yeah side is otherwise looking fairly good.

Def: 6/6 premiums
Mid: 7/8 premiums
Fwd: 1/6 premiums but Brodie, Cogs, Butters, Cameron and Coleman all in there.

Any danger North pick Comben right as Hayes is about to max out :D

Also whats the deal with Strnadica? :think:
Was struggling with Covid, and they wanted to give Jamieson a few games given he is the future

It's honestly just stubbornness from me at this stage with Preuss, will never get him in because I missed the boat. The week that Grundy went down Hayes had scored 72 on the bench before and with Hewett out it was a decision of playing Hayes over someone like Durdin in the forward line as a rookie. I went with Hayes on the basis he is No.1 ruck and has access to 25-30 free points from hit outs every week and now i'm too stubborn to change.

But yeah side is otherwise looking fairly good.

Def: 6/6 premiums
Mid: 7/8 premiums
Fwd: 1/6 premiums but Brodie, Cogs, Butters, Cameron and Coleman all in there.
I think we're the only 2 then rolling Hayes R2 and anti- Pruess.

I dont really understand still why Pruess scores so well off such low TOG. I just know he's going to tank at some point if GWS start playing quicker/attacking footy, he'll be no better than Sam Hayes.

But alas, the way it's turned out everyone else has dropped off and there's almost no other options.
Darcy? Injury prone
Marshall? Ryder caps him
English - coming back off a hammy and now the flu will take some time to get to 100%.. plus Bevo might decide to give him some help again with Sweet or Stef.

Pruess legit may end up being the R2 for the year.

I'll be grabbing Pruess this week I think. But I will get the chance at seeing hayes score first. If he goes 65+ I might be tempted to upgrade elsewhere and wait another week on Pruess.... I know he's going to fall apart as soon as I get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back