No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the same JPK who was better than hewett every year as a swan including last year , and carried us in numerous games ?

George was our best player in the Final v GWS. To put it mildly, JPK had a poor year in 2021 by his standards, while the writing could be seen on the wall in 2020 (the year George missed).

George was our best player in the Final v GWS. To put it mildly, JPK had a poor year in 2021 by his standards, while the writing could be seen on the wall in 2020 (the year George missed).

Who was better in 2021

Hewett or Kennedy ?

the answer is kennedy

I just can't believe i'm not going tonight , just couldn't afford it
That thought went through my head so many times before i went nup, cannot miss this.

Really excited for tonight. Hoping this year's team are there as well. Can't see why they wouldn't have flown down today to go to this.

Unsure as to who will be inducted from 2005. Goodes, Barry, Bolton, Kirk, Hall, Kennelly, O'Keefe, Mickeyo, Richards, LRT, Crouch, Williams are all already in it. My bet is Grundy and Davis. Actually not really unsure. Think it will definitely be them.

And you don't think Voss's arrival has had anything to do with their improvement?

The way many on here go on about him you'd think he was Goodes, GAJ and Judd rolled into one - sorry but he isn't. He's a good footballer, having a good year playing for a coach that is getting the very best out of him. Good luck to him.
Voss the master coach eh? Nah. Hewett and Cerra have just added what was very much needed to their midfield. But Hewett more so, a hard as nails mid that can put other mids into space with his decision making. Still going unheralded despite every commentator last year saying that's what their list needed.

They are having better seasons (than previously) BECAUSE of Hewett.

Lol nah. That's like saying Warner is having a better season because of Bell.

Congrats Daryn Cresswell into the Sydney swans hall of fame. What an emotional speech. Onya crezza

It's really weird, I think there's been a mistake. I didn't see Callum Mills' induction into our Hall of Fame tonight anywhere??

I'm just now watching the Sydney Richmond game this week and Gibcus just had the insufficient intent free paid and I can't believe that that rule has been in the game for nearly 3 or 4 years now and the commentators on every network still have no idea what's happening every time it's called.

It's embarrassing, it's one of the easiest frees to see coming and is usually the most consistent as well.

They really need to change the name of it though, I think that's half the reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club's round up of the Hall of Fame dinner;

The new (Hall of Fame)inductees include Daryn Cresswell, Peter Reville, Arthur Hiskins and Tom Bushell, while the players elevated to Champions include Tony Lockett, Roy Cazaly, Laurie Nash, Barry Round, Greg Williams, Gerard Healy, Michael O’Loughlin and Brett Kirk.
For the first time the Swans have introduced the category of Champion in the Hall of Fame. The new status has been introduced to recognise those with outstanding achievements and who have made significant contributions to the club, but those who may not yet qualify for Legend status or may not qualify due to lack of games played.
Decent on ball brigade;
095A0956.jpg

Add Cazaly, Nash & Lockett and I reckon we'd give most teams a run for their money. :)

PS It seems Plugger wasn't in attendance which is a bit of a shame.
Of course may have a perfectly legitimate excuse for his absence.

Decent on ball brigade;
View attachment 1415294

Add Cazaly, Nash & Lockett and I reckon we'd give most teams a run for their money. :)

Geez I'd have thought Cazaly would've been a Champion already! He would surely have to be our most famous player in terms of sheer name recognition?

Decent on ball brigade;
View attachment 1415294

Greg Williams..... Does he even go to these things anymore?

Rarely has the lack of football club experience at senior levels of the AFL been so exposed as it has by the refusal of game bosses to adequately respond to the increasing angst among its senior coaching community.

AFL coaches remain the only senior fraternity in the competition whose wages have not returned to pre-pandemic levels - AFL executives in the majority certainly have - and Gillon McLachlan’s inability to fix the situation for 2022 smacks of a head office with no real understanding of life at an elite football club.
“It’s as wrong as anything I’ve seen in footy,” said Sydney coach John Longmire this week. “This isn’t sustainable for both the staff in football departments and ultimately the health and well-being of players. We’re pushed and pushed and pushed.
“There’s a price to pay, and most clubs have three senior coaches less, and I can tell you that when we front up on Monday morning the player demands don’t drop and why should they? They are only here for a limited time, and they deserve the best.

“Alastair Clarkson should be able to come back into coaching and his new football department not suffer. The Richmond Football Club shouldn’t have to suffer because Damien Hardwick is a successful coach. Experienced coaches are more expendable now.”
The Swans’ latest setback is the loss of experienced football staffer Peter Berbakov, who will move to Brisbane later this month to take up a role with the Institute of Sport, with the club unable to come close to making the high-performance expert a competitive offer.

Longmire, who last year visited McLachlan at his Melbourne home in a bid to win the same living-away-from-home hub allowance for his football staff that the players had, said most coaches now felt powerless with no new avenues to force change.

Last edited:
Was awesome to see him there. Him and Gerard healy were at the same table with their wives and kids
I thought Gerard's interview with Cressa was fantastic. Hit a nice balance between the career and post career challenges. Didn't shirk the issue but didn't make it the only think.

Compare that to the train wreck of Tom Browne that seemed to want to bait the crowd by constantly mentioning how wonderful Carlton are going when talking to Williams. Thought it was fitting there was a light ripple of booing when he was announced as the interviewer.

I thought Gerard's interview with Cressa was fantastic. Hit a nice balance between the career and post career challenges. Didn't shirk the issue but didn't make it the only think.

Compare that to the train wreck of Tom Browne that seemed to want to bait the crowd by constantly mentioning how wonderful Carlton are going when talking to Williams. Thought it was fitting there was a light ripple of booing when he was announced as the interviewer.
Yeah rookie mistake from Sydney to call in Tom Browne. From the constant Carlton talk even after diesel saying "I'm not here to talk about carlton" to Gerard healy flat out telling him "your sources are wrong", it was a train wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back