No Oppo Supporters 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 we were within 2 goals with 2 minutes to go. I think pissweak is really harsh considering everything that was against us that day. Fair enough roll back to 2014 but the reality is the playing group is completely different.
Also in 16 Jeffrey and Stevic , plus Macca , Mills and Tippo not fit

2016 we were within 2 goals with 2 minutes to go. I think pissweak is really harsh considering everything that was against us that day. Fair enough roll back to 2014 but the reality is the playing group is completely different.

i ****en hate how we played in 2 of those games and got robbed v the bravedogs

So no excuses
But pissweak grand final efforts is not the worst thing a club can suffer from

Plus Easton Wood bravely destroying Hanners’ knees.

Plus we had Grohan.

2014 & 2022 we lost to better sides.

2016 we were clearly the superior side but still managed to bungle it.

2016 is the one that really hurts.

Last edited:

I don't think Horse should have any selection input for Grand Finals.

If he had a say in the selection of Reid then he is incompetent in that role.
If Reid had any input in his own selection then he should have been delisted.

I don't think Horse should have any selection input for Grand Finals.

If he had a say in the selection of Reid then he is incompetent in that role.
If Reid had any input in his own selection then he should have been delisted.

Agree with you completely.

Plus Easton Wood bravely destroying Hanners’ knees.

Plus we had Grohan.

2012 & 2022 we lost to better sides.

2016 we were clearly the superior side but still managed to bungle it.

2016 is the one that really hurts.
14 i think you mean and we had big heads going into that . Anyone that bags their club on this can only really relate to 14 . Geelong would've beaten anyone . Injuries got the Cats last night

Horse is too old school.
The new better coaches put trust & faith in all their players.
McCrae last night lost one of his best defenders.
He trusted the next bloke to do the job & they kept attacking.

By preferring an clearly lame Reid over a young & fit McDonald, is damning going forward for the whole list's integrity as long as Horse is coach.
Horse has preached that he doesn't look at the birth certificate when selecting players but he trumped his selection errors from 2016 with this one.
A perfectly fit & healthy McDonald sitting in the stands robbed us of that marking ability up & down the ground because that's how McDonald plays.

Trust is everything.
Horse has failed this test & now,as a supporter, I don't trust him.
I am a McCrae fan.

Horse is too old school.

By preferring an clearly lame Reid over a young & fit McDonald, is damning going forward for the whole list's integrity as long as Horse is coach.
Horse has preached that he doesn't look at the birth certificate when selecting players but he trumped his selection errors from 2016 with this one.
A perfectly fit & healthy McDonald sitting in the stands robbed us of that marking ability up & down the ground because that's how McDonald plays.

Trust is everything.
I am a McCrae fan.
I’m kinda with you until the last line.

McRae hasn’t been tested yet.

fair whine in here at mo...
Its been the same since late septemer.

Oh did you know Howe broke his arm last night?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horse is too old school.

Trust is everything.
I am a McCrae fan.
McDonald plays over Reid and we still get flogged, it’s rather meaningless.

Here’s a stat for you:
In the Grand Final we had 50 points scored against us from clearances, our equal worst differential in any match since 2000.

That’s where we lost the game. You could have stood any player in Reid’s position and it would have made next to no difference.

Just so many very extreme assumptions made about so many things.

I'm cut up about the grandfinal, it's just that the quickest way back is to back the coach and players that got us there.

I don't mind the criticism of the grandfinal, but I'm not really sure what the solution that these posters are proposing are.
Tbf the Reid call was a shocker, but do we then stop our coach who got us to a grandfinal from making any decisions? Even if he keeps making the same bad choice, I don't think it's reasonable to randomly give the final choice to someone else on the big dance. It's not like the Reid choice made any substantial impact.

Horse is too old school.

Trust is everything.
I am a McCrae fan.
OK, let's go through this.

You're going into a grand final against the oldest ever grand finalist, as one of the youngest. You have the choice between a 20 year old that has had a few down games, and in a regular season would of 100% been dropped, or a 30 year that is having one of his better seasons who is also integral to our centre bounce work (where we got smashed on the end).

Was it the right decision? No.
Was it an understandable decision? Yes.

We ended up being slaughtered by the experience and age of the opponent in the centre, and I can understand why Horse would of picked his best player to combat that, despite the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back