Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Blues are a tease this season, we have been there before a few times early in the season. guessing they finish in the cluster f... of teams fighting for 8th

GC were always going to get going at some point. They will start to trouble teams as they rise. Carlton get ahead of themselves pretty quickly but should bounce back. Cripps is a huge loss though.

How unlucky are we that Anderson's dad only played 67 games too. He's an absolute future star.

BPok524.gif
One of the radio channels was talking about Ben Dixon as well.

Calling it now: Melbourne’s season this year will be eerily similar to the Tigers of 2018. Dominating all year and then falling short right before the grand final methinks.
I very much hope you're right but as it stands I think they have Brisbane and Geelong easily covered, who are the realistic alternatives.

GC were always going to get going at some point. They will start to trouble teams as they rise. Carlton get ahead of themselves pretty quickly but should bounce back. Cripps is a huge loss though.

How unlucky are we that Anderson's dad only played 67 games too. He's an absolute future star.

I won't be sold on GC until well into the season. Every year the same conversations are had... they're on the rise etc... until they fall into a heap.

Calling it now: Melbourne’s season this year will be eerily similar to the Tigers of 2018. Dominating all year and then falling short right before the grand final methinks.
What possible reason makes you think that ?

I won't be sold on GC until well into the season. Every year the same conversations are had... they're on the rise etc... until they fall into a heap.

Witts going down was a huge drop off point. He's probably my favourite ruckman in the comp. He's big and brutal and sets the midfield up from his tap work. If they can keep guys like Rowell and him fit they are a long way ahead of last year. Someone said Lukosius went down and along with King it will make life hard for them not having a focal point but sometimes that makes you more unpredictable. Alex Sexton was pretty good a few years ago as their Membrey type of undersized KPF.

Feel so bad for Nic Nat. He's going to end up as one of those players that you just question, what if? He's absolutely dominant when on but he just injured every second season

On Pixel 4 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really think hungry jacks being their sponsor is a bad thing. All the boys including Nic nat look like they diet exclusively on whoppers. He would be less risk of injury if he wasn’t 150kg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I very much hope you're right but as it stands I think they have Brisbane and Geelong easily covered, who are the realistic alternatives.
What possible reason makes you think that ?

Firstly, it’s just a prediction/hunch there’s no secret reason that I think the will happen.

Secondly, don’t get me wrong, I think they are easily the best team in the comp. They’re supremely confident, well coached, minimal drama, superb age range, great leaders, high-end talent and a great spine with solid depth.

But so were the tigers in 2018. I wonder if people forget how utterly dominate they were for 95% of that season. They won 18 out of 22 games. And then Mason Cox entered the chat.

I could just see a similar thing happening to Melbourne. Finals are fickle, a couple of mistakes, some bad form, injuries or another team just being hungrier can lead to some dramatic upsets.

Anyways just calling my shot - reason would say that all things being equal, Melbourne waltz on through to their 2nd flag in as many years. But reason doesn’t always win out in a game as chaotic as AFL football. 😁😁

Firstly, it’s just a prediction/hunch there’s no secret reason that I think the will happen.

Secondly, don’t get me wrong, I think they are easily the best team in the comp. They’re supremely confident, well coached, minimal drama, superb age range, great leaders, high-end talent and a great spine with solid depth.

But so were the tigers in 2018. I wonder if people forget how utterly dominate they were for 95% of that season. They won 18 out of 22 games. And then Mason Cox entered the chat.

I could just see a similar thing happening to Melbourne. Finals are fickle, a couple of mistakes, some bad form, injuries or another team just being hungrier can lead to some dramatic upsets.

Anyways just calling my shot - reason would say that all things being equal, Melbourne waltz on through to their 2nd flag in as many years. But reason doesn’t always win out in a game as chaotic as AFL football. 😁😁
Fair enough i guess ;)

We play Melbourne at the MCG in about a months time, that will be a good test of where we are at, hopefully we will have Clark, Billings and Jones back by then and if we play like we did yesterday we could give them a real shake. Obviously it won't be as easy to score against them as it was against the Hawks but I think we have the forward line to trouble their defence, matching them in the midfield will be the big test and we will need Ryder and Marshall firing to match Gawn and Jackson who are the best ruck duo going around. If we can break even there we have the forward firepower to beat them.

Last edited:
We play Melbourne at the MCG in about a month's time, that will be a good test of where we are at, hopefully we will have Clark, Billings and Jones back by then and if we play like we did yesterday we could give them a real shake. Obviously it won't be as easy to score against them as it was against the Hawks but I think we have the forward line to trouble their defence, matching them in the midfield will be the big test and we will need Ryder and Marshall firing to match Gawn and Jackson who are the best ruck duo going around.
I think we have the Dees then the Cats would be great to win 1 of them

I think we have the Dees then the Cats would be great to win 1 of them

I definitely think we can beat the Cats especially at Marvel, they have had the wood on us in recent years but we haven't played a home game against them for a while and they aren't as good away from the Cattery.

Last edited:
We play Melbourne at the MCG in about a months time, that will be a good test of where we are at, hopefully we will have Clark, Billings and Jones back by then and if we play like we did yesterday we could give them a real shake. Obviously it won't be as easy to score against them as it was against the Hawks but I think we have the forward line to trouble their defence, matching them in the midfield will be the big test and we will need Ryder and Marshall firing to match Gawn and Jackson who are the best ruck duo going around. If we can break even there we have the forward firepower to beat them.

Happy it’s at the MCG just quietly.

Gil to finish up at season's end. Presser coming up. My tip - he will hand the CEO job over to his brother Hamish who is on the nose at Channel 7
and may need a job at the end of the season. Looks the part and is "media savvy". More to come......

UPDATE: Eddie Maguire will come in to assist as his consigliere.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back