Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This Adelaide vs West Coast game is about the standard of the GVFL.
Yeah definitely pretty flat. Crazy how west coast are still so bad even with a few good players back.

Hope they don't get their sh!t together before we have to fly over there in a couple of months!

💩

No one should worry about how good our defence after tonights game. Our defensive unit is a long way ahead of the Bulldogs.

Some of the goals that Gardner let in was park football stuff, he is disgraceful. People were singing the Dogs recuiting teams praises in recent times but they are seriously in need of another two quality tall defenders, a tall forward and a decent 2nd ruckman.

They have a great midfield but they can only do so much.
There seems to be this view that the Dogs have 20 odd stars. But they’re still playing the likes of McComb, West, McNeil, Scott. That’s before their garbage defence and attack.

I hope we're not going hard for him, but I would like to get him.
You'd think he'd be after a 5 year deal. Can't see anyone going there, not even the pies.

Three years and 700k won't get him outa there ya wouldn't think, and I'm not sure paying him more and getting him over as one of the top earners at the club would go down too well.

Actually now that I think about it I could probably see the bombers offering 5 years.

How bad are the Dogs? Losing to Geelong without their best player Stewart.

We should smash them when we play them, they are deadset rubbish, worse than even that Swindon lot.

36b9970409f6f2085469386afe16cc64.gif

Cats got in front while Stewart was playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmm … funny how he’s been at both. Stuffing up this job too.
They call these types of people 'cancers'. Destroy everywhere they go. Left North Melbourne in tatters, and now overseeing the most inept group of people in the industry

One thing I've noticed about the Dees and us to a less effective extent is the effectiveness at Burst Play, that is the ability to shift a gear for a limited period in the game, pile on a number of goals in a row, completely change the complexion of the game and generally win from that alone. Melbourne look like they're beatable then just get 5 goals in the space of 8 mins or something and rob you. We've done the same in a number of games this season.

Is that a new thing? Probably not but it's the first time I've really paid attention to it. It says only good things that we not only have players who are capable of finding another gear but can also coordinate our players all doing it at the same time.

Anyway Sydney look on top here but it wouldn't surprise me to see Melbourne mug them and leave them stranded 5 goals behind in the second half.

Honestly the competition is so open right now. It's kind of the perfect year for the "why not us" mentality.

Such an open comp. If we could keep improving we can win the flag, along with a few other clubs.
What language is this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2022 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back