Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he makes team mates better but neither did dusty. Who put together the most influential 4 years by a mid ivee ever seen.

Warner's strengths are individual based by that I mean his strength, power and speed to break away.

He is destined for big things. There is no player in the league I would trade him for.
Once the geelong love fest quiets down he will get his plaudits.

Absolute superstar
Don't fall for the commentators lovefest of Dusty. McIvaney needed to keep his horniness in check I reckon.
Martin is not a pimple on GAJ's butt IMHO.

Didn't you just post stats that show he got his arse handed to him at centre bounces?
He has great talent and athleticism, but obviously not there yet as a consistent midfielder but has great bursts which gains us lots of ground clearly.
Warner is one of our best players. But I see him as more of a dynamic attacking player.

I think sometimes he is very defensively loose at centre bounces. So he might win the clearance and do something brilliant. But he often does not close down the opposition mids.

If the momentum is against us. I don't like seeing the Papley, Warner and Parker combination. Papley and Warner are attacking players and Parker is a bit slower. I feel if the opposition wins it, they are going to be out quite easily.

Buddy looked old yesterday getting up the ground

Not sure how there gonna shape the forwardline next year
If neither of Amartey or McDonald can take a spot off a 47 yr old Buddy, they really won't ever be much IMO.
I kinda think/hope Amartey will be ready to. Not sure if McD has the necessary mongrel to make it. He needs to come back looking ripped.

Still think the main issue for that loss was the leaders not stepping up. Its understandable for a few of the u23 players to have stage fright early on, but our leaders across the paddock couldn't get going.

Just hope this loss gives the playing list and especially the leaders of what to expect for the next GF should we make it and better preparation for finals.

Its also one of those inexplainable losses. Even a few of the players were saying after the game like they did everything they could but still found themselves 80 points down.

maybe we should practice sitting for photos after we run through the banner every week
Jarryd Roughead said on a podcast that during the Hawks three-peat, the moment he saw Fremantle, Sydney and West Coast players wear sunglasses at the Grand Final parade was the moment he was confident that they'd win.

They were instructed to never wear sunglasses at Grand Final parades because hiding your eyes projects nervousness/weakness.

I think google searches would show that we had a few players wear sunglasses at the 14, 16 and 22 parades.

Jarryd Roughead said on a podcast that during the Hawks three-peat, the moment he saw Fremantle, Sydney and West Coast players wear sunglasses at the Grand Final parade was the moment he was confident that they'd win.

They were instructed to never wear sunglasses at Grand Final parades because hiding your eyes projects nervousness/weakness.

I think google searches would show that we had a few players wear sunglasses at the 14, 16 and 22 parades.

Pagan said the same thing in 96.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forward line if probably the main concern going forward and how we play structure the Talls and if there even afl standard
No one but Reid can get any separation and take a leading grab. 90% of the time nobody leads.
It's weird and I don't know how/why....other than its function of modern footy and players flooding back, but still, other clubs seem to do it heaps better.
We got slightly better this season though tbf.

It's not actually that hard to be a classy winner. I've never been one for rubbing it into supporters of other clubs when they lose (except for some light hearted ribbing of close friends), it's poor form.
For sure especially when it’s an 80 point smashing. Thankfully Cats fans were great away from the ground. Spent a long night drinking my sorrows in Richmond post game with swans and cats fans. We even got a big Sydney chant going on the dance floor at one point, made me feel less shit about the game

For sure especially when it’s an 80 point smashing. Thankfully Cats fans were great away from the ground. Spent a long night drinking my sorrows in Richmond post game with swans and cats fans. We even got a big Sydney chant going on the dance floor at one point, made me feel less s**t about the game
It was a tough game to watch on TV, it must have been that much worse for the Swans fans who were at the game. I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself somewhat later on.

sunnies ❌
Baby Dummies ❌

We should have Robbie Williams played over the p.a. rather than Sweet Caroline. Also plenty of fire works. Especially in the middle of the day.

do a parade every week and take them out on a barge

In 2014 we were expected to win it. Lots of experience, just won a premiership 2 years before. Backline at its peak. Everybody in tip top shape. Star studded forward line. Unfortunately the Hawks played like they wanted revenge on us and we copped it. In terms of relative expectations, 2014 was definitely worse.

Yesterday we played like we didn’t expect to be in the GF in the first place, as if we arrived 2-3 years too early. Definitely overwhelmed.
Summed up well imo. I think maybe the "peaking too early" vs. "Hot favourite".

However, nothing excuses the pathetic garbage we dished up (or didn't) yesterday. A loss of 6 goals maybe, but 13 is unacceptable regardless of the game.

Is a royal spanking and the Swans rarely have that happen to them in the regular and finals series....except for Grand Finals it seems

Summed up well imo. I think maybe the "peaking too early" vs. "Hot favourite".

However, nothing excuses the pathetic garbage we dished up (or didn't) yesterday. A loss of 6 goals maybe, but 13 is unacceptable regardless of the game.

Is a royal spanking and the Swans rarely have that happen to them in the regular and finals series....except for Grand Finals it seems

Yer Geelong were the safe bet the line heading into the game was 15 points.

Nobody expected 80+

maybe we should practice sitting for photos after we run through the banner every week
Running out half the lads looked like tourists soaking up the experience of being there.
I would almost bet that being the message from Horse & Co as some kind of way to allay GF nerves.

Next time he needs them to focus on f***ing up their opponents the second they step on the field.

Running out half the lads looked like tourists soaking up the experience of being there.
I would almost bet that being the message from Horse & Co as some kind of way to allay GF nerves.

Next time he needs them to focus on f***ing up their opponents the second they step on the field.

be awesome to be a fly on the wall and hear what the club thinks it did wrong pre game

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back