Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I will forever wonder however how we would of gone in 2014 and 2016 (finished 1st) had the GF been at the SCG.
Meh 2014 we would have lost anyway with the effort that showed up.

2016 I still think we win with umpires that aren't caught up in the dogs fairytale.

But its concerning how similar 2014 and 2022 were from a complete lack of the team turning up.

I enjoy your posts King but I do not give a flying * what that man has to say.

He also ripped into the Welcome to Country and the beautiful eulogy for Uncle Jack
Oh my god WHAT? I didn't read the article, I'm restricting myself to help my gaping wound heal, but I can't believe anybody anywhere could have issues with those.
The welcome to country was beautiful and I had a tear in my eye with the eulogy to Uncle Jack - and I'd never even heard of him before that. Both were heartfelt and stunningly beautiful.

Forgive my intrusion, I've only just made it home last night, just wanted to say how much respect I have for your club and especially your supporters. At the game and around the town, before during and after, to a person I have found them wonderful people. Swans surrounding me took the result with a level of class and dignity I'm not sure I could have mustered.

Just wanted to express my gratitude, as I already have on our board. You'll be there again when the whips are cracking.
Thank you friend, wonderful of you to come on our board and say that. The same applies to your team and supporters who, to a man, were classy and polite in victory - very different to what we got from Hawks and dogs fans.

Sam Maclure says 300k
Samwho
Hicky letting Hawkins kick them 2 in the first just really set the tone

They were garbage efforts fir a numberv1 ruck
He was too far back as the umps were throwing in too short all day , but there were swans either side loose that should've known

maybe it's just the opponent

Geelong were no doubt the better side, deserved favourites, however I refuse to believe they were an 80pt+ better side than 2nd place.
Lets be clear we were definitely the 2nd best side, we defeated all others who may lay claim to that multiple times.

However we got absolutely smashed in the midfield, which all at once made it hard for forwards (not that they were winning any contests anyway), and made it impossible for defenders with how clean the ball was coming into their forwardline.

So why did our midfield fail to fire a shot, Mills, Parker, Rowbottom, etc all struggled to win the ball, if its just that Hickey was being beaten, then they need to read off Stanley, hell we spent years reading opposition ruckmen, so I don't quiet understand why we were beaten so horribly there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong were no doubt the better side, deserved favourites, however I refuse to believe they were an 80pt+ better side than 2nd place.
Lets be clear we were definitely the 2nd best side, we defeated all others who may lay claim to that multiple times.

However we got absolutely smashed in the midfield, which all at once made it hard for forwards (not that they were winning any contests anyway), and made it impossible for defenders with how clean the ball was coming into their forwardline.

So why did our midfield fail to fire a shot, Mills, Parker, Rowbottom, etc all struggled to win the ball, if its just that Hickey was being beaten, then they need to read off Stanley, hell we spent years reading opposition ruckmen, so I don't quiet understand why we were beaten so horribly there.

I reckon the big similarity to 14 and 22 is the start , we look rushed and just banging every kick clumsy like in both

I know we got the first goal in 14 but it's kennedy just banging away after a clumsy chain

we looked off before anyone scored in both

Beat the Sydney ruck you beat the Swans. They also put time in Mills and Rowbottom like no one else has. Every contest just went their way in the centre. Ball bounced to them.

I can't believe that some on here have turned into PIES sooks about ground and crowd size it's pathetic .
One thing we can do in future is straight after the Prelim , just come down and train here for the week , obviously Hotel in city and use the nearby Port ground as the surface is outstanding . It showed in lockdown how close we were when staying together . Brisbane were actually going to do it .
Time for not just player review , but behind the scenes as well someone stuffed up .
Let's still celebrate an 18 win season and 1 terrible loss shouldn't define us.

I can't believe that some on here have turned into PIES sooks about ground and crowd size it's pathetic .
One thing we can do in future is straight after the Prelim , just come down and train here for the week , obviously Hotel in city and use the nearby Port ground as the surface is outstanding . It showed in lockdown how close we were when staying together . Brisbane were actually going to do it .
Time for not just player review , but behind the scenes as well someone stuffed up .

yep come down and be part of the week

go to the brownlow etc

Great post mate

Wonder how much time we put into them

Smith obviously wasnt a factor before the game

went to shit but surely they put time into every cats player

there was just no real structure
where was that running defence closing games like v dees.

defenders just left to do everything in a mad rush

Oh my god WHAT? I didn't read the article, I'm restricting myself to help my gaping wound heal, but I can't believe anybody anywhere could have issues with those.
The welcome to country was beautiful and I had a tear in my eye with the eulogy to Uncle Jack - and I'd never even heard of him before that. Both were heartfelt and stunningly beautiful.

Feel like moving on from footy - you can look at this online - its a really interesting one man show

He genuinely was an incredibly articulate man

Sitting there sober at the Brownlow would be surreal.
They came down Thursday went down the Yarra on Friday.
Surely they ticked all the things to do in Melbourne.

What happens Tuesday and Wednesday?
Other than train on the ground.

Be in melbourne , see the coverage etc

Horse mentioned multiple times when interviewed oh you escape it in sydney come down here and it's all happening

given the way we lost. , mixing it up isn't the worst idea that's all

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back