Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

We rose to contention so quickly that all the pressure will be on Sheldrick if we don't make any major midfield moves, which is unfair on him really.

2nd year player that is suddenly asked to be a key cog. JPK has retired, now we are asking Sheldrick to be that strong inside mid.

so dont put pressure on him.

Hes too young to be anything other than developing. He wasnt a top ten pick and arguably was picked very early. Let him develop and not place expectations on him.

They're not wrong.

I'd love to see a statement from the club this week. Not that it changes much I just want to see them acknowledge how badly they failed and let themselves and the supporters down

surely longmire and mills have said it.

What else is there to say. We let ourselves our relatives our club our supporters and our board down.

Still were times he could have played, and I didn't like his role in his debut as I have bad visions on us wasting him like Mills.

Completely disagree, season was too interrupted. He missed most of the middle part of the year.

He is a kid ffs, he doesn’t get thrown straight into the coalface.

Still were times he could have played, and I didn't like his role in his debut as I have bad visions on us wasting him like Mills.
We didn't waste Mills.

Sheldrick has played midfield in reserves, but he's not playing there in seniors yet obviously. Given he's capable of a goal, his introduction to senior footy was always going to and will be as a forward, then might start getting some CBs as time goes on.

He is a midfielder. Better not be planning to Mills another genuine midfielder.
He is a kid. Right now he is nothing but promise. Where you played juniors does not necessarily dictate where you play at AFL level, look at our backline ffs! And certainly not in year one.

Even Warner played his early games up forward, entirely reasonable.

We didn't waste Mills.

Sheldrick has played midfield in reserves, but he's not playing there in seniors yet obviously. Given he's capable of a goal, his introduction to senior footy was always going to and will be as a forward, then might start getting some CBs as time goes on.

Yes we did. Should have spent no more than 1 year in the backline. No shock when he moves to the midfield he's a top quality mid with an AA spot! Luckily Horse woke up before it was way too late.

Now lets hope we go from this to not playing injured blokes in finals.

He is a kid. Right now he is nothing but promise. Where you played juniors does not necessarily dictate where you play at AFL level, look at our backline ffs! And certainly not in year one.

Even Warner played his early games up forward, entirely reasonable.

He is promise I agree, but he's a midfielder. You won't get me saying we should play a midfielder elsewhere. We wasted Mills, lets not do it with others.

Yes we did. Should have spent no more than 1 year in the backline. No shock when he moves to the midfield he's a top quality mid with an AA spot! Luckily Horse woke up before it was way too late.

Now lets hope we go from this to not playing injured blokes in finals.
Not remotely. He was extremely valuable for us down back. I'd have kept him there tbh, if he weren't needed in midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that's correct but we recruited him & played him 1 game because we liked what he can give.

Selwood is 34 & his ticker provided what is really needed on GF day. Unfortunately ticker is not something some of our midfielders have right now.
Sheldrick seems a likely type to never give up.
Robbie Fox & Clarke, might not be pure footballers but the path they have had to endure is not unlike that of Brett Kirk & given perhaps their last opportunities this year, they never let us down on GF day showing true ticker.
That's what I want to see on GF day. We walked away dejected but every single one of our group looking for something positive going home, all spoke with pride in how well Fox & then Clarke performed for blokes hanging on to their careers by a thread.

Everyone on our list is tradeable IMO. Except Warner, Gulden, Mills & McDonald & some one year recruits yet to be given a chance.
Sure maybe not the old heads like Parker & Ramps.
Last year we traded away Dawson and Hewett - two footballers who would have made us a stronger team. Yet without them we beat 16 other teams to win the right to play the last game. What's more, it was not trades which improved us...it was the football growth of our young footballers. Keep the faith in them. On Saturday our team was over awed, overwhelmed and ultimately they panicked and they broke. You could see it happening last week against the pies in the final quarter. That both scared and scarred us. Likewise our coaches. The selection of Reid tells all. Shows a belief that they could not replace him with anyone of his skill set.Yet they selected a dubious ruck forward in case Reid fell over the cliff. The team could not carry two duds. Panic selections by the selectors - their choices did not reflect confidence in the extended list to get the job done, nor in the team to be able to cover Reid's absence. By the end of the match against Collingwood, our race was over.....but the fans did not see it....and neither did Fox, Clarke nor Warner. But the rest of the team and the coaches - they were ruled by their own fears. The game was over before it had started. Heeney was interviewed before the match and he said that the GF Melbourne experience was overwhelming. How right he was.

He is promise I agree, but he's a midfielder. You won't get me saying we should play a midfielder elsewhere. We wasted Mills, lets not do it with others.
Florent was a midfielder, Blakey was a forward, Paddy and Tom were forwards, Rampe was a mid, Heeney was a mid, Clarke was a mid, Stephens was inside etc….

He may well end up as a mid, but he won’t start there full time and nor should he.

Not remotely. He was extremely valuable for us down back. I'd have kept him there tbh, if he weren't needed in midfield.

You don't take valuable at our highest pick in yonks. Was a mid, always a mid.

Florent was a midfielder, Blakey was a forward, Paddy and Tom were forwards, Rampe was a mid, Heeney was a mid, Clarke was a mid, Stephens was inside etc….

He may well end up as a mid, but he won’t start there full time and nor should he.

Didn't stop the Cats playing Selwood as a mid straight away basically. Sometimes it's best to keep players in their natural habitat.

Wait, but Parker is a midfielder. I thought you said you wouldn't play a midfielder elsewhere.

Parker has been decent forward. Actually would rather him forward, Bud to the wing. Sheldrick into the mid rotation. Also feel we need to use Gulden a bit more in there

Parker has been decent forward. Actually would rather him forward, Bud to the wing. Sheldrick into the mid rotation. Also feel we need to use Gulden a bit more in there

bud to the wing? what

why not just chuck him in the ruck 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back