Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry to keep saying this but I think Hickey
(and I love him) pretty much lost the game (this is just me emotionally talking here without examining the game). He can't jump anymore. We got no clean hitouts in the middle and that disabled our movement out of the middle. We could have recovered from all those goals but we just couldn't get hold of it.
Unfortunately he only have ladhams as the replacement. We got a dud.

On a side note, can't stand Jeremy Cameron. So smug with the way he carries himself out there

About as selfish as you can get putting your hand up and not feeling 100%, a complete liability and an insult to the blokes missing out. I'm sure that Reid told Horse that he was 100% otherwise probably wouldn't have played him
With respect, I can guarantee you that there were a lot of players out there who “were not feeling 100%”. The question is whether Reid genuinely believed he was sufficiently fit to play to an appropriate standard. That may or may not have been the case - none of us know for sure.

In addition, the medical staff would have provided their expert opinion to the coaches, the same medical team that many posters have been singing the praises of over this season. What they said and what, if any, risk was identified, is also not known, or whether their advice was acted on by the coaches when selecting Reid.

in short, we don’t know whether Reid was selfish or not, or whether the coaches deliberately took a huge risk or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad warner hey 🔫

Did it all himself with 3 kicks at one point

What a beaut

I am not surprised at this toweling. Melbourne outplayed us but we managed to scrap a win.
Almost blew it at home against a Collingwood team that doesn’t belong in the top 4.
We just don’t have enough players with big game experience atm.
We have a lot of scrappers who didn’t try hard enough today.
The only top level talent we have are Buddy, Papley, Warner, Paddy, Blakey.
Heeney, Parker, Mills are all scrappers.
Hopefully Mcinierney, Campbell and Stephens develop more next yr.

G'day Swans, apologies for the intrusion.

I just wanted to say condolences for today. You're a bloody incredible footy club, and being based in Sydney I've always had a soft spot for your boys and try to attend games when I can.

It may not seem like it right now but you've got a heck of a team developing. Particularly young Warner...bloke is a genuine superstar in the making and tries his heart out today. Reckon with 'Horse at the helm you'll be back up there in no time.

All the best

Now that I have settled down, I think the recruiters and list managers did the best they could with the hand they were dealt. A graders not exactly requesting a trade to us but traded as best we could. Had to blow it up and start again in the draft. Aging list with names from 2012 retiring.

Got the most out of Clarke, even though Thurlow, Taylor, Menzel etc didn’t work out. Clarke was delisted. The Hickey move was understandable looked like a top 5 player for us last season. Ladhams is still TBD but he played a string of good games until that Port disaster.

The umpiring was shite all day. The different interpretations of HTB was significant

don’t know what the tv said but rowbottom clearly kicked the ball before it hit the ground in arguable one of our only two meaningful attacks in the first quarter to also be done for holding the ball.

having said that we also have an issue structurally when coming out of defence to the fat side from our defensive goal square gulden coughed it up similar to Florent last week kicking to a 1 on 3. I think we have got to rush the ball more often in these situations

Did Reid look as cooked on tv? I swear he didn't jump at all...I don't know what are our fitness tests but clearly not good enough.

Did Reid look as cooked on tv? I swear he didn't jump at all...I don't know what are our fitness tests but clearly not good enough.
More than cooked. I didn't see him do a single thing other than jog in a straight line. Htf the coaching staff saw him as fit and ready I'll never know.

In my Covid addled state, I’m trying to find a positive.

I succeeded.

We’re not Essendon.
I think despite the result I'd still rather be our position than Hawthorn's at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2022 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back