List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv always been a Lobb fan boy, I love having a proper forward who can ruck for structure because two rucks always feels like a liability to me.

But in current form I'm absoloutly desperate for him to stay.

I wonder why he's been so keen to leave, rumours last year about gws and now it seems he would prefer Melbourne sides.

Surely he stays now?
I think Lobb is aware of setting himself up for after footy, if that means a big contract and leaving a good thing then that's what he'll do.

I think Lobb is aware of setting himself up for after footy, if that means a big contract and leaving a good thing then that's what he'll do.
No way he is going anywhere now in my opinion. Whatever issues he had have well and truly been sorted through by the looks and from what Ive been told by a work colleague who knows a heap of freo players . Looks the happiest he's been since he got here and has completely different body language while on the field in terms of positivity with team mates. The story with GWS was that he wanted to go back because they were so family orientated and supportive off the field. Looks like he's well and truly got that at Freo now. The chance to achieve huge success in the coming years at Freo will also be a great incentive to stay. I've completely changed my mind in terms of what he offers long term too. He didn't start playing AFL till he was 24. Plenty of the 205cm+ players in afl history played their best football after 30. Justin Madden, Paul Salmon and in my opinion Sandy to name a few.

If a tall leaves it could be Taberner. Team balance will be a massive issue if we play Logue, Lobb, Tabs and Fyfe in the one team. If it looks like it's not gping to work and we lose forward pressure when they all play then Tabs could be the one who misses out in a big game as we need Lobb as the second ruck.

Iv always been a Lobb fan boy, I love having a proper forward who can ruck for structure because two rucks always feels like a liability to me.

But in current form I'm absoloutly desperate for him to stay.

I wonder why he's been so keen to leave, rumours last year about gws and now it seems he would prefer Melbourne sides.

Surely he stays now?
His girlfriend who is Steve Rosich's step daughter got a job in the eastern states working for Victoria racing club, so he wanted to mvoe to be with her. I think recently she has come back to Perth so now its just a question of money. He is still under contract for next year anyway so I imagine if by years end if he is still keen to leave and Freo have not lined up a ready made replacement they will tell him to pound sand.

"But with a well-balanced, united list, Pavlich is daring to dream.

“They’re still young, so they might be actually ahead of their own schedule in terms of where they thought they might be. But that’s not to say they can’t go deep into September this year,” he said."

Last edited:
Want to have a hard list management discussion?

If Blake Acres had done his ACL on the weekend, does he get offered a contract extension?

You need to sign him for two years because one season will be ruled out recovering and he probably won't be at the physical capability needed to play at what is arguably his career peak until the following season.

You might find your heart saying he deserves to be supported during his recovery, and I agree, but that's not how football works.

That's why very tough, grown men can break down when their playing mortality slaps them in the face.

Bottom-aged 205cm Peel talent Mitch Edwards, part of Fremantle’s Next Generation Academy, showed some promising signs with his ruck work and aggression.
He's a very good talent, u17's don't get talked about too much because the focus is rightfully on the 18's but I can honestly see Edwards being a top 10-20 player come next year (Hopefully the NGA rules go back to top 20, even then I doubt we'd get him). Reminds me of Jackson in some way due to his athletic ability and leap, he always manages to get the tap even when it looks like he can't.

I might be going a little early on him as other draft watchers aren't saying the same but that's just how I'm seeing it at the moment

If Blake Acres had done his ACL on the weekend, does he get offered a contract extension?

You need to sign him for two years because one season will be ruled out recovering and he probably won't be at the physical capability needed to play at what is arguably his career peak until the following season.

You might find your heart saying he deserves to be supported during his recovery, and I agree, but that's not how football works.

That's why very tough, grown men can break down when their playing mortality slaps them in the face.

For me we’ve got four genuine best 22 players* out of contract. Those are Aish, Acres, Pearce and Logue. Sounds like Logue is trying to push money up a bit and also confirm to the club and himself going forward he actually is best 22. It’d be nice to see the other contracted ASAP. A lot usually happens in this space around the bye round.

* 30+ year old players, even if best 22, don’t really concern me. We’ll give them a year late in the season if they’re going to play on and they will never be any real chance of them leaving.

He's a very good talent, u17's don't get talked about too much because the focus is rightfully on the 18's but I can honestly see Edwards being a top 10-20 player come next year (Hopefully the NGA rules go back to top 20, even then I doubt we'd get him). Reminds me of Jackson in some way due to his athletic ability and leap, he always manages to get the tap even when it looks like he can't.

I might be going a little early on him as other draft watchers aren't saying the same but that's just how I'm seeing it at the moment

Maybe someone like Sandi could adopt him ….. F/S gravy train baby

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Rory Sloane….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he’s 16 and 205cm? Woah

For me we’ve got four genuine best 22 players* out of contract. Those are Aish, Acres, Pearce and Logue. Sounds like Logue is trying to push money up a bit and also confirm to the club and himself going forward he actually is best 22. It’d be nice to see the other contracted ASAP. A lot usually happens in this space around the bye round.

* 30+ year old players, even if best 22, don’t really concern me. We’ll give them a year late in the season if they’re going to play on and they will never be any real chance of them leaving.
I would not be devastated if/when Pearce leaves and captains Tassie.

Yes you sign him. No question on that.

But lucky for us he has only done a minor hammy. The bloke is playing career best footy and clearly loves the club. You don't delist players like that. Hell move him to the rookie list if you have to.

Bit of a hypothetical pondering on my behalf, bit of casual Monday whimsy and all dat - but just on Jason Horne-Francis, is he gettable?! As in, North are a rabble, he looks or seems unhappy there, the obvious correlations of a move you'd think would be for him to head home to his state of South Australia, you'd think Adelaide and Port would have better capital to facilitate a trade if it does transpire at the end of this year. And realistically, from my perspective getting him might feel or seem a bit 'superfluous', where do you fit him in to a stacked midfield already?! Not to mention the cost, something Freo have been quite staunch on in J-Lo's time and not going crazy ala Jesse Hogan style trades.

I'd love to see it happen, but my gut feeling if he moves anywhere it'd be back 'home', but in sports...you just never know.

I think the only way we get Jason Horne Francis is if North has put big money in front of contracted Lobb and Tucker and we say "fine, pick #2" and they say no way and we say "Piiiick Twwwooo" and they say no, so we say "Pickah-ch-Tooooo" and they say they can't and we what about a swap for JHF?

Bit of a hypothetical pondering on my behalf, bit of casual Monday whimsy and all dat - but just on Jason Horne-Francis, is he gettable?! As in, North are a rabble, he looks or seems unhappy there, the obvious correlations of a move you'd think would be for him to head home to his state of South Australia, you'd think Adelaide and Port would have better capital to facilitate a trade if it does transpire at the end of this year. And realistically, from my perspective getting him might feel or seem a bit 'superfluous', where do you fit him in to a stacked midfield already?! Not to mention the cost, something Freo have been quite staunch on in J-Lo's time and not going crazy ala Jesse Hogan style trades.

I'd love to see it happen, but my gut feeling if he moves anywhere it'd be back 'home', but in sports...you just never know.
Realistically, they would ask for Byayshaw, Serong or Young.

Has one year to run on his rookie contract. NM in hindsight should have taken Adelaide’s offer. Can’t see him going anywhere but an SA team. He’s a gun there is no doubting but I think the AFL will intervene and he will see out the contract next year and then leave. He’s not the first no1 pick to do it tough in a struggling side and he won’t be the last.

Everyone is gettable in footy. I think there are questions starting to rise on his character though. All the stuff coming out about his arguments with NMFC senior figures and now the MRO ban. Also his lack of commitment to the club. He would be a risky get considering the price that would come with the trade. You also have to consider that in terms of like for like, he would be a great replacement for Fyfe so any trade would be 2-3 years too early.

Yep,Logue now has become my most exciting freo player.What he’s shown over the last couple of weeks & what potentially he may be able to achieve is so incredibly unique at an AFL level.

Logue still hasn't trained properly with the forward line either.

He's taking 2-3 defenders to the contest and tapping the ball down to the small forwards, beautiful to watch.

Our forward line will be menacing when Tabbs comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back