List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is spot on.
The list is ready to go now! We don’t need anymore kids.
It’s not like flipping a couple picks in the top 5. We’re talking picks in the mid to high teens I hope. So they’re going to playing 2s anyway.
Also be shocked if the club was offering much more than Melbourne currently is
Yeh I’m in this page too
Got enough kids
It’s time for a big fish

I love the idea of the Jackson and Neal Meal Deal
But I don’t like Sumas price tag , that’s ridiculous

Got a feeling they have been planning for the Lobb departure and then off loading some dead wood to free up cash

I love it , the planets are aligning, let it be so .
We will have a genuine super team .

Yeh I’m in this page too
Got enough kids
It’s time for a big fish

I love the idea of the Jackson and Neal Meal Deal
But I don’t like Sumas price tag , that’s ridiculous

Got a feeling they have been planning for the Lobb departure and then off loading some dead wood to free up cash

I love it , the planets are aligning, let it be so .
We will have a genuine super team .
Struggling to see the rationale for Neale, and very excited to see Erasmus, Johnson and Western push up.

Our on ball brigade improves only marginally if at all with Neale. Adding another Brayshaw who can play multiple positions has more scope to improve us.

We have enough kids we just need big fish to top up is how you end up like West Coast.

The list has been rebuilt on the back of solid drafting and not trading out of the first round to get players in; as bullish as we may be about the likes of Erasmus, Johnson, Amiss, Treacy, Keuk etc there is no guarantee that they all make it to best 22. Two or three seasons ago Ethan Hughes, Connor Blakely and Nathan Wilson were considered at least best 22 but players like Serong, Chapman, Young and Walker were drafted and proved to be better.

Taking Snuff's example I would rather trust the list management team to draft two players in the next two drafts that I would be happy to have on the list rather than give up two years of first round picks plus whatever additional costs for a player who has "potential". Maybe Jackson becomes the next evolution of the agile ruckman but he isn't that yet and I don't think we should be treating acquiring him like some miracle need.

We have enough kids we just need big fish to top up is how you end up like West Coast.
WC don't really do the big fish trades do they? They obviously did with Kelly, and clearly got it wrong, but they were in a totally different phase than we are now.

We are looking more like Bulldogs bringing in Boyd.

It was the Kelly deal I was thinking of but it does seem like that is the only one. Just rubbish drafting on their account 😉

The Boyd deal was short term gain. He played one good game of football, the Grand Final which washed away that he had been a gigantic failure and waste for them overall.

Boyd played 52 games for the Bulldogs and helped the Bulldogs win the 2016 premiership, he didn't play finals in the other 3 seasons

Ryan Griffen played 55 games for GWS and helped them to a preliminary and a semi final in 2017 and 2018.

Both retired after or during 2018.

Caleb Marchbank was taken with the Pick 6 that GWS got. Played 7 games for them before being traded to Carlton where he has played 42 in an injury interrupted career.

The pick that GWS got from that eventually became Zac Bailey at Brisbane. GWS got Deledio as part of that deal who played 32 games before retiring having missed their GF appearance through injury.

Still not convinced trading out for Jackson is worth it 🤣

And we have 3 first rounders playing in the WAFL waiting to come in, plus one more (Logue) who we cant play in his natural position. Skipping out on the first round for a couple of seasons wont be the end of the world, but we should stay somewhat in the draft with 2nd and 3rd rounders as to not unbalance things too much..
I agree with this, I'm just not sure Luke Jackson is the bang for buck we need

This feels like the buddy to swans. It was kind of worth it but didn't really put them over the top.
The difference though is that buddy had exposed form...4 x AA, 2 x Coleman medallist, had kicked over 500 goals before he left the Hawks... Jackson whilst younger and shown purple patches of what he can do where he has a high ceiling is still inconsistent and primarily based on potential as many have mentioned

West coast need him a lot more than we do.

West coast also need the draft a lot more than we do.

What way they go will be more interesting than our approach. If they get this wrong they could seriously scree themselves over. (Ie. Pick 1 for Jackson)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The Tim Kelly trade set that club back 5-6 years. No way they make that same mistake again.

The difference though is that buddy had exposed form...4 x AA, 2 x Coleman medallist, had kicked over 500 goals before he left the Hawks... Jackson whilst younger and shown purple patches of what he can do where he has a high ceiling is still inconsistent and primarily based on potential as many have mentioned
Because he is still young and the trade is based on potential maybe he can be compared to players in the actual draft.

• he would likely if not certainly go #1 if he was in the draft unencumbered. Certainly top 5.
  • it has numerous talls who project as ruck/forwards, but they would unlikely have significant impact for several seasons. He is best 22 now.
  • while we are saying he has potential he has already shown he can produce at the very highest level.
  • The chance of him turning into a Stanley level player are low.
  • Thilthorpe remains a work in progress after several seasons.

Two mid/late firsts will never buy you pick 1-5 in a trade.

Because he is still young and the trade is based on potential maybe he can be compared to players in the actual draft.

• he would likely if not certainly go #1 if he was in the draft unencumbered. Certainly top 5.
  • it has numerous talls who project as ruck/forwards, but they would unlikely have significant impact for several seasons. He is best 22 now.
  • while we are saying he has potential he has already shown he can produce at the very highest level.
  • The chance of him turning into a Stanley level player are low.
  • Thilthorpe remains a work in progress after several seasons.

Two mid/late firsts will never buy you pick 1-5 in a trade.

You really think Jackson goes number 1 ahead of Anderson, Rowell or Serong?

At the moment I’d have him at 3, Anderson, Serong, Jackson, then coin toss between Rowell and Young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really think Jackson goes number 1 ahead of Anderson, Rowell or Serong?

At the moment I’d have him at 3, Anderson, Serong, Jackson, then coin toss between Rowell and Young.
I would have Jackson and Serong borderline equal Pick 1.

I’am all aboard the Jackson Trade if he costs us our next 2 firsts. Sean Darcy and Jackson swapping in and out of the forward 50 for the next 10 years is crazy good. Think about it. We could be rocking the below forward line next year if Lobb Chooses not to leave.

Freddy Taberner Fyfe
Jackson Lobb Schultz

Not to Mention we still have Switta,Walters, Amiss and Treacy

Struggling to see the rationale for Neale, and very excited to see Erasmus, Johnson and Western push up.

Our on ball brigade improves only marginally if at all with Neale. Adding another Brayshaw who can play multiple positions has more scope to improve us.
After watching Steph Curry win another championship with an unselfish and humble attitude, it’s a massive no to a greedy and self important Neale.

We already have Serong, Brayshaw and Brodie as inside mids backed up by Mundy and Fyfe.

We don’t need Neale.

Stating the obvious but Sumich is such a flog... has no bloody idea and wants to get as much attention by throwing about sensationalist headlines... says Freo has offered that ridiculous contract just so he can be critical of it 🙄

I have faith in the club that they wouldn't again go down a path where we risk what we have built the last couple of years with a strong core of young and talented players who all appear to have strong bonds with each other.

After watching Steph Curry win another championship with an unselfish and humble attitude, it’s a massive no to a greedy and self important Neale.

We already have Serong, Brayshaw and Brodie as inside mids backed up by Mundy and Fyfe.

We don’t need Neale.
Points taken but without knowing the inner workings of the club we shouldn’t be too ready to assume .

Where there is smoke there is usually fire , Lobb wanted to leave last year so they probably told him to wait a year till they could work out a replacement .

Neale replaces Mundy straight up and Is premiership ready , Erasmus and Johnson are still years away and our window is now .

I’m genuinely not concerned about trading picks for these guys , Jackson is young and we will get value .
We have killed it in the draft for the past few years and have a solid core of youth .
Neale might just win us a premiership.

What I am concerned about is overpaying them and end up in a Collingwood 2019 situation , but I think our club is smarter than that

Points taken but without knowing the inner workings of the club we shouldn’t be too ready to assume .

Where there is smoke there is usually fire , Lobb wanted to leave last year so they probably told him to wait a year till they could work out a replacement .

Neale replaces Mundy straight up and Is premiership ready , Erasmus and Johnson are still years away and our window is now .

I’m genuinely not concerned about trading picks for these guys , Jackson is young and we will get value .
We have killed it in the draft for the past few years and have a solid core of youth .
Neale might just win us a premiership.

What I am concerned about is overpaying them and end up in a Collingwood 2019 situation , but I think our club is smarter than that
We managed just fine with Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie, and Mundy in the middle with Aish sometimes helping out.

Adding Fyfe to that group causes structural issues and forces Nat to play more forward.

If Mundy retires, Fyfe, Serong, Brayshaw, and Brodie is enough in the middle. Aish can be the back up. Erasmus and Johnson can play games when needed.

Neale would make us better but he would taken away from Serong as the "rover". Let Serong develop and take his game to the next level.

The cost benefit of getting Neale isn't there.

We have a great group of young kids and we have a long window. No point taking any short cuts.

My final attempt (for the next 10 minutes) on convincing people why Jackson is a good idea. Go ahead and re-rank that draft as it stands, is there anyone who doesnt have Jackson top 5? I'd suggest you're being pretty stubborn if you didnt. Now, imagine if I told you we are trading our first this year and next for a top 5 pick this year, Bell would get a ****ing statue for pulling off a trade like that. As an added bonus, you get to put them in a hyperbolic time chamber, skip the worst 3 years of their football career and play them as a 21 year old...

We managed just fine with Serong, Brayshaw, Brodie, and Mundy in the middle with Aish sometimes helping out.

Adding Fyfe to that group causes structural issues and forces Nat to play more forward.

If Mundy retires, Fyfe, Serong, Brayshaw, and Brodie is enough in the middle. Aish can be the back up. Erasmus and Johnson can play games when needed.

Neale would make us better but he would taken away from Serong as the "rover". Let Serong develop and take his game to the next level.

The cost benefit of getting Neale isn't there.

We have a great group of young kids and we have a long window. No point taking any short cuts.
What’s the cost ?
He replaces Mundy next year , they all still get to play .

Why do we need to keep picks when we have Erasmus and Johnson warming in the wings .

If we are a smart club we win our premiership then start trading out some players who still have value for decent picks to top up with youth
But that doesn’t need to happen for a few years as we are stacked with young blood .

My final attempt (for the next 10 minutes) on convincing people why Jackson is a good idea. Go ahead and re-rank that draft as it stands, is there anyone who doesnt have Jackson top 5? I'd suggest you're being pretty stubborn if you didnt. Now, imagine if I told you we are trading our first this year and next for a top 5 pick this year, Bell would get a ******* statue for pulling off a trade like that. As an added bonus, you get to put them in a hyperbolic time chamber, skip the worst 3 years of their football career and play them as a 21 year old...
100% agree
It’s that simple 👍

If a talent like that wants to come to your club you try and make it happen

My final attempt (for the next 10 minutes) on convincing people why Jackson is a good idea. Go ahead and re-rank that draft as it stands, is there anyone who doesnt have Jackson top 5? I'd suggest you're being pretty stubborn if you didnt. Now, imagine if I told you we are trading our first this year and next for a top 5 pick this year, Bell would get a ******* statue for pulling off a trade like that. As an added bonus, you get to put them in a hyperbolic time chamber, skip the worst 3 years of their football career and play them as a 21 year old...

Can he play forward? At least 20 goals a year.

I think Darcy should ruck a minimum of 70 percent, and I think Jackson will be a better ruck.

This is actually great haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back