List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Young getting slagged off on the Duff and Quarters pod for trying to 'invent' the Rory Lobb trade last year... Beautiful to listen to.

I’d advise just not going in there. Dan is as done does and there’s not going to be much new information coming out for a while. Thread is in stalemate for a while
Yep, I need to resist the urge to even read the thread content. I shall turn off the notifications haha.

Colin Young getting slagged off on the Duff and Quarters pod for trying to 'invent' the Rory Lobb trade last year... Beautiful to listen to.

He was on the Stan series discussing how he was open to the move..
Unless that was also a ploy from CY?

Ryan Daniels said he might renegotiate his last year and possibly extend at Freo
Well........Pav on 9 News has just asked him if he sees his future at Freo. Lobb ummed and aahed.

Afterwards Pav & news anchor agreed he was 'pretty non-commital'. Pav added he didn't see why Lobb wouldn't see his future at Freo given his and team's form.

What did others make of it?

If it's a case of Lobb being happy to stay on the proviso that we extend him for another 2 years where he avgs $500k per year over the 3 years, I could live with that. It'll give time for Jye and Treacy to continue to develop plus will help ease the uncertainty with Tabs given his injuries

Well........Pav on 9 News has just asked him if he sees his future at Freo. Lobb ummed and aahed.

Afterwards Pav & news anchor agreed he was 'pretty non-commital'. Pav added he didn't see why Lobb wouldn't see his future at Freo given his and team's form.

I think it became very obvious after his girlfriend and her family moved to melb that he was gone. If she was permanently back in Perth I'd see him renegotiating and staying here, but she's back in melb now so. End of the day he's still contracted. If we feel he's irreplaceable then he'll be playing here next season

I saw that interview with Lobb and agree with your summary. Lobb was very non-commital with all his uhming and aahing.

What's stopping us from holding him to his contract? He has a sook and sits out/ plays poorly then he's not getting his 500k ×3years. This is likely his last contract so it's not like he can afford to do that. He's a very important player esp now with tabs not being able to string more than two games together and amiss missing out on a whole season of development. I think it's dumb to let him go for draft picks without getting a ready made replacement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's stopping us from holding him to his contract? He has a sook and sits out/ plays poorly then he's not getting his 500k ×3years. This is likely his last contract so it's not like he can afford to do that.

Nothing, we have the right

He could claim mental health and sit out the year, ala McCarthy and then it’s just a bad look / optics

Keeping him gives another year of development to Amiss and Cyclone, and time to recruit to replace soft shell crabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing, we have the right

He could claim mental health and sit out the year, ala McCarthy and then it’s just a bad look / optics

Keeping him gives another year of development to Amiss and Cyclone, and time to recruit to replace soft shell crabs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he sits out the year he can say goodbye to his $1.5mil deals. He's be forced into playing for us and playing well for his last payday. Would love for bell and co to stay firm but clubs don't really do that anymore

If he sits out the year he can say goodbye to his $1.5mil deals. He's be forced into playing for us and playing well for his last payday. Would love for bell and co to stay firm but clubs don't really do that anymore
I'd actually say clubs are better at this then ever before. If losing Lobb makes the Jackson trade happen though I think you just make the best of losing a good player and move on.

I would think if he wants to leave the club will do what they can to facilitate a trade. It’s how things work these days. There was a time in the not-too-distant past (ah the good old days…) where a player saw out his contract, said ‘get me home’ and didn’t mind which club, with a nice little bidding war ensuing to get the best deal for the club he was leaving.
We hold the cards so if the trade doesn’t favour us then it’ll be up to his destination club to come up with the goods, at which point the club can make the decision to accept unders or conversely hold him to his contract. It’s highly unusual for a club not to try and get a trade done for someone who wants out. Old fashioned loyalty isn’t an expectation from clubs or players any more, only with supporters. Those involved in the business of the competition end up where they want to be more often than not, whether it’s for money, or other personal issues.

tl;dr - if he wants to go he’s already got his bags packed, the club won’t hold him to his 2023 contract.

Soooo like all our KPP stock...

I had thoughts you guys might value Lobb but with JUH coming on, Bruce to come back and obviously Naughton, do you think Lobb makes sense for you guys? St Kilda would be the one for me where he makes most sense IMO

Not sure if discussed yet but the Doggies are rabble in the backline, maybe they actually swing Naughton back there. Would be like having a prime Rance.
Surround JHU with Lobb , Bruce and roll English down there. Move Kinda makes sense IMO now

Not sure if discussed yet but the Doggies are rabble in the backline, maybe they actually swing Naughton back there. Would be like having a prime Rance.
Surround JHU with Lobb , Bruce and roll English down there. Move Kinda makes sense IMO now
I dont think they'll do that. He's been too good up front. Bruce is probably cooked, I didnt realise he'd done a hammy first game after an ACL at 30 years old...

Their backline is a rabble but if they cant improve that drastically (ie Logue), then you dont stop looking at other areas as well

I'm in the camp that Lobb is still massively underrated on here and him leaving would be a big hit to a part of the ground which is already a weakness for us. In saying that, a minor positive is that even if he's still set on heading over east, he's done the reverse bundle drop (picked up an extra one?) and played his best season so far.

Might not add too much to the remuneration given his age/contract status but it's better than sulking in the 2s and faking injuries.

What's stopping us from holding him to his contract? He has a sook and sits out/ plays poorly then he's not getting his 500k ×3years. This is likely his last contract so it's not like he can afford to do that. He's a very important player esp now with tabs not being able to string more than two games together and amiss missing out on a whole season of development. I think it's dumb to let him go for draft picks without getting a ready made replacement
Majority don't want to lose Logue, therefore we need to part with Lobb.

I dont think they'll do that. He's been too good up front. Bruce is probably cooked, I didnt realise he'd done a hammy first game after an ACL at 30 years old...

Their backline is a rabble but if they cant improve that drastically (ie Logue), then you dont stop looking at other areas as well

Ah didn’t realize he was out again. Was in career best form before the knee. Shame
With all noise about Lobb off to the dogs this was the only way it made sense to me.
I thought the most likely option was going to GWS, they’ll have another bunch of first round picks and sure could use another forward. Since they’ve been trialing Hayne there…

Ah didn’t realize he was out again. Was in career best form before the knee. Shame
With all noise about Lobb off to the dogs this was the only way it made sense to me.
I thought the most likely option was going to GWS, they’ll have another bunch of first round picks and sure could use another forward. Since they’ve been trialing Hayne there…
I'm really surprised Melbourne supporters arent keen on Lobb but maybe everyone is just judging Lobb on history and not actual performance. Lobb is currently better than all their KPF and can chop out in the ruck. He would make them arguably a better team next year

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back