List Mgmt. 2022 List Management: Draft, Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Rendall shooting the breeze on SEN reckons he has heard Brodie is gone from Collingwood, Jackson from Freo and Lobb from Freo. Reckons Collingwood will need to pony up and pay some of Brodie’s contract as part of a trade. He reckons Lobb is a lock to Bulldogs.

Proposed
Melbourne get Grundy and a first round pick
Freo get Jackson (lose Lobb and first round pick)
Western Bulldogs get Lobb (and lose first round pick)
Collingwood get some picks but get the majority of Brodie’s contract off the books.

I’d expect a bunch of draft picks swapped but the main pieces
Melbourne: pick 10, Grundy and change
Freo: Jackson, downgraded Future picks(s)/ upgraded 2022 ND pick
Collingwood: second round pick and upgraded future pick(s)
Bulldogs - get Lobb (lose first and get downgraded 1st - Freo or Melb).

Matt Rendall shooting the breeze on SEN reckons he has heard Brodie is gone from Collingwood, Jackson from Freo and Lobb from Freo. Reckons Collingwood will need to pony up and pay some of Brodie’s contract as part of a trade. He reckons Lobb is a lock to Bulldogs.

Proposed
Collingwood get some picks but get the majority of Brodie’s contract off the books.

Seems weird that Melb wouldn’t be in on Lobb.. their fwd line is a mess.

Seems weird that Melb wouldn’t be in on Lobb.. their fwd line is a mess.
Bulldogs aren’t in need of a forward either. English is very much the same as Lobb, just they don’t have a genuine ruckman.
Meek and Lobb could be worth going to bulldogs in exchange for picks and Jackson coming back as part of a package

Proposed

Why would Grundy go to Melbourne, where is Gawn going to play???? I think there is more chance of Suma getting the Kangaroos coaching job than Grundy going to Melbourne.

Proposed

In this scenario do we maintain any relevance in the 2022 draft?

A Gawn and Grundy combo is just ludicrous. How do people come up with this stuff?

I don't know why these trades have to be so convoluted. The most sense is to just ship Lobb and our pick (s) directly to Melbourne. They can bang on all they like about his age, but Gawn and May are older than Lobb, and Melbourne's time at the top will be finished in a couple of years. Lobb is a great fit for them while they still have a chance of winning a flag. They could actually be better with Lobb instead of Jackson, plus they would get extra picks on top that they can use however they see fit.

A Gawn and Grundy combo is just ludicrous. How do people come up with this stuff?

I don't know why these trades have to be so convoluted. The most sense is to just ship Lobb and our pick (s) directly to Melbourne. They can bang on all they like about his age, but Gawn and May are older than Lobb, and Melbourne's time at the top will be finished in a couple of years. Lobb is a great fit for them while they still have a chance of winning a flag. They could actually be better with Lobb instead of Jackson, plus they would get extra picks on top that they can use however they see fit.
Zach Galifianakis Yes GIF

Why would we trade a contracted player to make a rival stronger?

Unless they are an arch enemy, you would back your system in to get the job done. Aka do nothing to strengthen Carltank/Eagles but the rest of the comp is okay to deal with.

I personally don't think our window overlaps that much with Melbourne. They will contend this year and next. They might have some chance in 2024, but odds are they will have begun their slide after 3 years near the top. Whereas we should be looking at a few finals campaigns this year and next, while building towards 2024/25 as the start of our proper window.

It is easy to forget the core of our talent is 18-24. I think we will be better placed when that group is say 21-27, with a few older heads like Pearce, Aish and Ryan hanging on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly - I think our window is earlier than that. I feel it's also next year but might be shorter with some of our older senior players (Mundy, Walters, Fyfe) dropping out before we enter the window again in 3-4 years once Ras, Driz and MJ are all 23/24ish.
I personally don't think our window overlaps that much with Melbourne. They will contend this year and next. They might have some chance in 2024, but odds are they will have begun their slide after 3 years near the top. Whereas we should be looking at a few finals campaigns this year and next, while building towards 2024/25 as the start of our proper window.

It is easy to forget the core of our talent is 18-24. I think we will be better placed when that group is say 21-27, with a few older heads like Pearce, Aish and Ryan hanging on.

Why would Grundy go to Melbourne, where is Gawn going to play???? I think there is more chance of Suma getting the Kangaroos coaching job than Grundy going to Melbourne.
I’m just the messenger. He contradicts himself a little and says Grundy is a better ruckman than forward and Gawn is a decent forward. I agree that Lobb is a better fit for Melbourne. Grundy will end up somewhere but I doubt him being paired with Gawn is the go. Maybe Grundy on the Cheap to North in one of these Gold Coast type deals heavily endorsed by AFL where North come out dancing.

I did read somewhere else that Melbourne weren’t interested in Lobb.

Bulldogs aren’t in need of a forward either. English is very much the same as Lobb, just they don’t have a genuine ruckman.
Meek and Lobb could be worth going to bulldogs in exchange for picks and Jackson coming back as part of a package
They also have Sam Darcy on their list lol.

All jokes aside, he is very close to Young. Was outed about his relationship with Young about 10 years on a radio show. He got quite upset.
It’s Young who feeds this shit out to these leeches. They just do all the work for him. I wonder if they get a kickback cos he would do well on the extra commission I would think

This kind of praise for Logue is justified ....and costly. Thanks for nuttin' AFL. Ha.
I don't mind it. Our list has some imbalances and Logue was a forced change which has worked. Hopefully it encourages more creativity in that regard.

Assuming this is our best 22, if we signed Jackson, Zurhaar and Brayshaw who gets pushed out of the 22?
How much of an improvement in person in terms of goals per game.

My best 22 team heading into finals, possibly top 4 finish in 2022.

B: Walker - Pearce - Ryan
HB: Young - Cox - Clark
C: Aish - Brayshaw - Acres
HF: Switta - Lobb - Frederick
FF: Schultz - Tabs - Logue
Ruck: Darcy - Brodie - Serong

Bench: Chapman - Fyfe- Colyer - Walters
Super Sub: Banfield

Next in line: Henry, Amiss, and Noddy

Brayshaw replaces Colyer - I think this is a big win. 1 goal per game
Zurhaar replaces Frederick - Another big win, 1 per game, maybe more.
Jackson replaces Walters - Not a massive win with Lobb in the side, but if Lobb goes out it lets Amiss come in with out the burden of rucking.
(Short term Jackson and Amiss replacing Lobb and Walters is a break even at best, but in 3-4 years it is a big win)

What are your thoughts? How much does it improve our side in term of goals per game.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back