MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

He fell to the ground and hit his head because he:

a) turned

b) Cripps collided into him, including high contact

He then got hit again as his head bounced back up. This is about arguing that Cripps had full intent and a reasonable expectation to take possession of the ball in the air, and that he did not fail in considering sufficient duty of care to his opponent.

Correct.
Any chance u can go down & give his defence a hand 👍

Do people feel he couldn't have been going for the mark and came at an angle where Ah Chee was on his periphery?

Where would that fall?
People need to stop and think about what would have happened to Ah Chee if Cripps had stopped and waited for him to come down from grabbing the ball and absolutely burying the guy in a hard tackle. There would have still been the concussion, and probably some broken ribs as well.

The different angles tell different tales of the tape. The TV angle shows Cripps going the man... while the reverse angle shows Cripps absolutely going for the ball and contact with Ah Chee was incidental. But we know that Christian looks more at the outcome than the contest. Just look at what happened to Plow and JOM. Was 100% a football contest that saw JOM subbed out because of the incidental contact during the contest. I think that this is what just happened with Cripps.

Also, if Ah Chee had played out the match, would Cripps have been cited for rough play by Christian? I reckon he would have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far they've submitted new footage that was unavailable to the MRO, and cited the Willie Rioli case as precedent.

AFL counsel submitted the concussion report on Ah Chee, who will miss at least one match.

So far they've submitted new footage that was unavailable to the MRO, and cited the Willie Rioli case as precedent.

AFL counsel submitted the concussion report on Ah Chee, who will miss at least one match.
I think it will come down to did Cripps make contact with Ach Chees head in teh contest or not.

I think it will come down to did Cripps make contact with Ach Chees head in teh contest or not.
No, it will come down to whether they felt Cripps made a realistic and responsible attempt to contest the ball. Which he did.

Ended up getting falconed by the ball, it was his to win.

No, it will come down to whether they felt Cripps made a realistic and responsible attempt to contest the ball. Which he did.

Or more specifically, it will come down to if they are competent enough to understand that he made a realistic and responsible attempt to contest the ball...

AFL querying him about his decision making, Cripps saying he made a decision to try and take possession, and that's where his eyes were as he leapt.

And he's right, that's how human vision works when you're trying to focus on an object: you can see more, but the rest of your reactions will be reflex in nature.

Hope so - I dont think he deserved a suspension based on what I saw.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back