MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

When's the last time a decision was appealed and was successfully overturned?

Jack Viney 2014 - also relating to a "bump".
Charlie Curnow 2018 - ban reduced to fine.

Bachar Houli 2017 - AFL appealed, not the player lol.
Ed Curnow 2018 - again AFL appealed, not the player lol.
Toby Greene 2021 - again AFL appealed, not the player lol.

Last edited:

So we are appealing Patrick’s suspension tonight at 6PM and the team has to be submitted by 6:20PM. So whatever team we put out, Cripps will be on the extended bench?

I am not understanding the timing of the appeal as I imagine the appeal verdict will come after the team has to be submitted.
Extended bench, if qe lose the appeal he gets replaced

On SM-N986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Our very own Charlie Curnow in 2018.
That was an appeal by the AFL though, wasn't it? (And the AFL's appeal wasn't successful - however, on same day, appeal against the Ed Curnow verdict by AFL was successful - intentional contact with umpire. Disgraceful decision imo).

Charlie did return to the tribunal later in the year on a striking charge, but the tribunal dismissed the charge, it didn't end up at the Appeals board.

That was an appeal by the AFL though, wasn't it? (And the AFL's appeal wasn't successful - however, on same day, appeal against the Ed Curnow verdict by AFL was successful - intentional contact with umpire. Disgraceful decision imo).

Yes, but just pointing out the player won in that specific appeal.

Jack Viney is the only real recent example I can find of a player winning a player initiated appeal.

As if it would have made the slightest difference if Cripps had has arms extended further
It would have made a difference. It would've meant that he still made contact with AhChee, but potentially with his elbows to his face.

My argument would've been that the brace position was actually the safest way of making unavoidable contact.
I'm not sure that we will be overly successful in this appeal, as it's now down to proving an error of law, but I'm glad we aren't taking it laying down.

Not even worth the effort really. The AFL owns the MRO, the Tribunal, the appeals process, the so called integrity unit so you'd have to be naive to think that this isn't just one big dog and pony show.
Better to be in the parade, rather than sitting in the stands.
Happy to go through the obstacle course, instead of withdrawing our dog from the competition because we're an outside chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who were the jurors on the other night?
51TLlCD-quL.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. 2022 - MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back