NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with Adam Silver about KD wanting out of the Nets being a bad look, but by the same token Blake Griffin signed a 5 year deal with the Clippers and was traded 6 months later. DeMarcus Cousins was traded by the Kings because they didn't want to pay him the super max and injury cost him $200m. Isaiah Thomas played through injury then was traded away by the Celtics and missed out on a max contract. Etc. Even Rudy Gobert signed a 5 year supermax and Utah traded him one year into that.

The issue for mine is that once you sign you are guaranteed the money whether you get injured, traded, win MVP - whatever. When players sook it up like Harden and Simmons the teams have one hand tied behind their back. I don't know what the solution is, perhaps the 6 month clause at the start of contracts needs to be extended to 2 years or so. I also think the contract scales are a bit out of whack. There are only 11 players earning over $40m next season and 27 earning $30-40m. It's a stars league and feels like the gap from the top 10 or 15 down should be higher.

Knicks surely aren’t selling the farm for Mitchell

Fournier or Randle, Grimes and 4 first rounders is the max I’m dealing him for

RJ is off limits
Why are they going after him at all, Brunson/Mitchell will be the worst defensive backcourt in the league w

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yup Grimes is a better fit defensively. Elite guards will put up cricket scores on Brunson/Mitchell and IQ/Rose

They need box office and will pay whatever the Jazz want cos they need a big name
I really hope someone else overpays to stop them doing it, this idea that them peaking as a 4 seed and 2nd round exit is going to attract a ton of free agents is silly.

I really hope someone else overpays to stop them doing it, this idea that them peaking as a 4 seed and 2nd round exit is going to attract a ton of free agents is silly.
Does Donovan even get them there as a Top 4 seed?

He was a fringe top 4 seed on a stacked Utah team with an arguable top defensive centre of the last decade

Does Donovan even get them there as a Top 4 seed?

He was a fringe top 4 seed on a stacked Utah team with an arguable top defensive centre of the last decade
Oh it is far from a guarantee, that is why i said peak. It is hard to see how they could improve beyond that.

Won't have the cap space, won't have the assets to trade for a second star. They would have enough offence to win a decent amount of regular season games but they aren't going on a run. I am shocked by the amount of Knick fans that actually want him.

Oh it is far from a guarantee, that is why i said peak. It is hard to see how they could improve beyond that.

Won't have the cap space, won't have the assets to trade for a second star. They would have enough offence to win a decent amount of regular season games but they aren't going on a run. I am shocked by the amount of Knick fans that actually want him.
I’d take him if it gets Fournier off the books, Grimes or IQ and max 4 first rounders

If the package includes RJ and 7 firsts like some are saying I’m heavily against it

I’d take him if it gets Fournier off the books, Grimes or IQ and max 4 first rounders

If the package includes RJ and 7 firsts like some are saying I’m heavily against it
See i don't think the Jazz are looking to move Mitchell on, they are just willing to cash in if someone wants to get desperate.

If that is the best offer they get i think he stays and they look to trade him down the track.

See i don't think the Jazz are looking to move Mitchell on, they are just willing to cash in if someone wants to get desperate.

If that is the best offer they get i think he stays and they look to trade him down the track.
Yup they want a kings ransom which is the issue as a Knicks fan

7 firsts for Mitchell is just ridiculous

Just came across this… couple days old so probably already consigned to the click bait scrap heap, but as someone with a soft spot for the Nuggets all I can say is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Atleast my pacers took suns out of the running for KD.
Bridges + Johnson + 1 of Saric/Crowder/Shamet + multiple firsts I think matches up ok.

Was hopeful it was just down to Miami but seems like Phoenix is still well and truly in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

NO TROLLS 2022 NBA Offseason Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back