Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at heading down for the weekend. Does anyone know if the membership barcode the club has provided will allow me access to GA or do I need to purchase a ticket. They already sent me a QR code. I've got a social club membership for all home and away games

Thanks for that information Taza.

I have checked on my app and Ticketmaster and it’s the same current email.

I am reluctant to change the email in case it throws these out of whack.

Is it worth the bother of a phone call tomorrow? 🤷‍♂️
I’d call and tell them and they’ll refresh it for you. If it doesn’t change in a week then they’ll tell you to follow them up.

Looking at heading down for the weekend. Does anyone know if the membership barcode the club has provided will allow me access to GA or do I need to purchase a ticket. They already sent me a QR code. I've got a social club membership for all home and away games
Replacement game so GA would be fine I think. I'd just call the club to be sure.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ok, so something is not right there. Might need to check with your ISP to see if the nmfc domain or nmfc based emails is somehow being blocked . tazaa sruss Are you guys with Telstra as well?

I sent an email from my outlook account on the following date

Sent: Thursday, 24 March 2022 10:21 AM
To:
membership@nmfc.com.au

And received the auto reply message immediately

membership@nmfc.com.au
Thu 24/03/2022 10:21 AM

Thank you for contacting North Melbourne Membership Services.

We are currently experiencing a high than usual number of calls and emails and will endeavour to reply to you as soon as we can.

Should your query be related to Round 1 -5 ticketing, Digital Membership cards, member choice items and membership packs please visit our Member Hub where all your questions will be answered:

Member Hub

Another test:

Do you have another gmail or outlook email account that you can test with?

Edit: Did a test and looks like the Auto reply is switched off. I'll have to wait until someone responds to the email.
I’m with Telstra.
I emailed last Thursday but didn’t receive an automatic response

I have last year on the phone
Nothing changed
If that’s the case the phone call would be pointless. I havnt received any emails all week so I see your point. Void of solutions it’s frustrating

If that’s the case the phone call would be pointless. I havnt received any emails all week so I see your point. Void of solutions it’s frustrating
You're not on your own. I receive all sorts of emails from the club (advertising, surveys etc) but regularly and almost exclusively do not receive emails for ticketing items, replacement games. I've given up on them. To be honest it's a shit system if it needs to be online via the app but they still need to send emails with further details. If they want to use the app for ticketing the app is all you should ever need to claim any ticket.

I know you shouldn't have to but its going to take some initiative from supporters to complete some analysis to find out why. Have you guys been able to email the club email addresses and getting the auto Thank you message or even a response back from the club?

First tests would be to info@nmfc.com.au and membership@nmfc.com.au and send it from the registered email address on your account.

You just want to rule out email spam filters, ISP issues and make sure you can send and receive to and from those email addresses.

Usually with these sort of things, you want the date, time the email was sent, email address it was sent from and possibly internet headers before further investigation can be done.
When I talk to the club and the person I speak to sends me an email there is no issue
I’m with Telstra.
Emailed both of them last night. No automatic response. Have checked Junk & Spam folders

QR code will be fine, no worries

I’m with Telstra.
Yeah, looks like they switched the auto reply off. The next stage is getting on the phone and staying on and doing a send and receive test until it's received both ways.

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like they switched the auto reply off. The next stage is getting on the phone and staying on and doing a send and receive test until it's received.
They can definitely manually push through an email. No issues there.
It’s the mailing list ones on club news, injury news, weekly team, replacement game info etc that’s important.

For example did anyone on here know that your ticket QR code on the weekend had a $25 food and beverage voucher built into it for returning 2021 members?

They can definitely manually push through an email. No issues there.
It’s the mailing list ones on club news, injury news, weekly team, replacement game info etc that’s important.

For example did anyone on here know that your ticket QR code on the weekend had a $25 food and beverage voucher built into it for returning 2021 members?
You are 100% right there tazaa. Exactly my experience

I had no idea of this... and I'd very much doubt many did as well. How was this supposed to be utilised at the ground?
By not telling anyone (or very few), the club has effectively saved $25x (say) 20,000 tickets... maybe that was a smart move/idea!?

I'll throw one more into the mix, I tested using my West Coast membership ticket to enter the ground on the weekend and not Bulldogs one, and it worked - it seems the code is the same to use, as if i have a read of barcode number itself, its the same for both, and possibly, all games for our memberships.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll reiterate the club runs a tight ship and needs to turn a profit. But fu** the membership department is so under resourced.

I agree they don’t have enough people.

I also think the people we do have are forced to fire fight, or focus on things that don’t really matter.

There just appears to be issues every year with everything. Membership packs, no membership packs, needing to request a membership pack, needing to request a card.

Then there’s ticketing issues because we went digital for reasons that make zero logical sense. But the poor people in the member dept need to troubleshoot that.

It like they said so we have more members than we’ve ever had before, so like let’s change all the back of house things and alter all the things we send to the members, how we send them, when we send them.

I posted in the family day thread about being told that the lack of communication regarding family day was because it ‘snuck up on them’. That is absurd. It’s not the bloke on the phones fault it is a lack of cohesive planning on what is happening when.

Lol really?

We are very very poor at comms.

I posted in the family day thread about being told that the lack of communication regarding family day was because it ‘snuck up on them’. That is absurd. It’s not the bloke on the phones fault it is a lack of cohesive planning on what is happening when.
Frankly that is absolutely absurd from a $40M+ annual revenue member based organisation.

Frankly that is absolutely absurd from a $40M+ annual revenue member based organisation.
When most of their revenue is guaranteed through auto-renewal, the incentive to give a shit is greatly reduced.

When most of their revenue is guaranteed through auto-renewal, the incentive to give a shit is greatly reduced.
I just think do it right or not at all with those kinds of things. I went to a family day years ago on a weekend (just before season start I think) and it was great, I understand there are limitations on the player's time out of hours but it seems largely pointless unless done properly. They'd arguably be better off just making a bigger day of a pre season game or VFL game than this type of half event.

I had no idea of this... and I'd very much doubt many did as well. How was this supposed to be utilised at the ground?
By not telling anyone (or very few), the club has effectively saved $25x (say) 20,000 tickets... maybe that was a smart move/idea!?

I'll throw one more into the mix, I tested using my West Coast membership ticket to enter the ground on the weekend and not Bulldogs one, and it worked - it seems the code is the same to use, as if i have a read of barcode number itself, its the same for both, and possibly, all games for our memberships.

Lol really?

We are very very poor at comms.
It was advised of and sent in an email over the preseason which I received but then it’s been crickets since. I had to call up to find out what was going on and then was told over the phone how to access it.

I just think do it right or not at all with those kinds of things. I went to a family day years ago on a weekend (just before season start I think) and it was great, I understand there are limitations on the player's time out of hours but it seems largely pointless unless done properly. They'd arguably be better off just making a bigger day of a pre season game or VFL game than this type of half event.
Pretty sure it was before the start of the season in the past, and then had the kids training day in the middle of the year. Mine loved it. Then family days kept moving locations and times when they were doing up the ground.

Just on the 25 dollar voucher that members get I am pretty sure it wasn't only redeemable at the GF game but any home game (for a total of 25,not 25 each game) I did get that email.

Just on the 25 dollar voucher that members get I am pretty sure it wasn't only redeemable at the GF game but any home game (for a total of 25,not 25 each game) I did get that email.
Correct
Next opportunity is against Melbourne

After not receiving emails from the club I finally got one last night titled MATCH CENTRE : Round 6.
Did anyone else who has not been getting emails receive this one?
I’ve also not received any, but didn’t get this one either. Super shitty that I lined up for 20 mins to get my member scarf last week but they wouldn’t hand it over because I couldn’t produce the email that they allegedly (but absolutely didn’t) send me on 19/03.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Back