Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a response to this sross as I’ve experienced the same issues since 2014.
The club backs up it’s membership data every few years and when it does new emails that were added in between back ups are then only able to receive emails. It’s a quirk in the system.

So for a member whose email address is older then 3-4 years and hasn’t been changed or updated by the club you will automatically fall off the mailing list.
It’s also no guarantee that if you call up and confirm your email address again that you will start to receive emails once more.

The only reason I point this out is because the Carlton replacement game ticket allocation opened Monday and no one received an email but for a select few. It was only late yesterday afternoon it was pushed through.

I say this now and on behalf of the thousands of members who have to put up with this shit year in year out.
North Melbourne football club is without doubt one of the poorest, mediocre and embarrassing organisations to deal with when it comes to basic quality of service. If the club was registered with ASIC or monitored by the ACC it would be penalized and fined. The clubs treatment of members is a shame on its public image.
Guessin you've never been on centrelink then?

I’m my case no but Ive helped others who have.
mmm, i have, this is isn't anywhere near to the possible low.

I'm also very sure that some percentage of people aren't getting emails because they are being filtered by their email provider. Happened to me without realising it and I'm quite tech savy, anyone who isn't wouldn't know, would just immediately blame the club for it.

That might not be everyone, but I'm willing to bet it is a very high percentage.

mmm, i have, this is isn't anywhere near to the possible low.

I'm also very sure that some percentage of people aren't getting emails because they are being filtered by their email provider. Happened to me without realising it and I'm quite tech savy, anyone who isn't wouldn't know, would just immediately blame the club for it.

That might not be everyone, but I'm willing to bet it is a very high percentage.
I think when emails are and have been the main method of communication to consumers for decades, the fact the club can all of a sudden not have an answer as to why emails have stopped being sent out is embarrassing.

Centrelink’s issues are that it’s part of a portfolio where the federal government couldn’t care less about the service it provides and the minister tasked with looking after it under their portfolio isn’t expected to hit KPIs. It’s a mess. They also subcontract their work out to multinational contractors. That saying at least they have a mygov portal with some level of reliability.
The club doesn’t even have that.

As I said there are viruses and scams that can get emails out better than the club. I don’t think the filtering would be a high number at all. There is an internal issue where emails just stop and the club can’t even track if a certain member has actually received an email. It’s low budget, it’s poor and it’s not good enough.

I’ll reiterate the club runs a tight ship and needs to turn a profit. But **** the membership department is so under resourced.

I think when emails are and have been the main method of communication to consumers for decades, the fact the club can all of a sudden not have an answer as to why emails have stopped being sent out is embarrassing.

Centrelink’s issues are that it’s part of a portfolio where the federal government couldn’t care less about the service it provides and the minister tasked with looking after it under their portfolio isn’t expected to hit KPIs. It’s a mess. They also subcontract their work out to multinational contractors. That saying at least they have a mygov portal with some level of reliability.
The club doesn’t even have that.

As I said there are viruses and scams that can get emails out better than the club. I don’t think the filtering would be a high number at all. There is an internal issue where emails just stop and the club can’t even track if a certain member has actually received an email. It’s low budget, it’s poor and it’s not good enough.

I’ll reiterate the club runs a tight ship and needs to turn a profit. But fu** the membership department is so under resourced.
If the problem is on the member's end at their email provider, how are the club supposed to know or have any effect? They can only see what is being sent out and to what address, not what happens when it gets there. To blame the club for that is just silly.

Mygov reliable? That's hilarious.

So rather than a practical and observed possibility that could be the cause of this, we will instead blame the club because you've heard something about servers in 2014. And that they know what the problem is, and have made no effort to correct it in 8 years. Something so simple as a small code re-write could fix.

If the problem is on the member's end at their email provider, how are the club supposed to know or have any effect? They can only see what is being sent out and to what address, not what happens when it gets there. To blame the club for that is just silly.

Mygov reliable? That's hilarious.

So rather than a practical and observed possibility that could be the cause of this, we will instead blame the club because you've heard something about servers in 2014. And that they know what the problem is, and have made no effort to correct it in 8 years. Something so simple as a small code re-write could fix.
You’re not listening. The club doesn’t have the ability to see if an email has been sent out to a member or if it was received. This is where the frustration sits. If they did then the problem could be easily identified.
I have enquired half a dozen times on the last 8 years and each time all the club does is update the email address on their end but it doesn’t solve the problem which means it’s something more problematic internally.

As other have referred to it’s not an isolated incident and I don’t get why you’re fighting me on this. The club isn’t immune from criticism especially on something as important as member communication.
If this was a major retailer, an alcohol brand or an entertainment company and emails weren’t reaching their target audience then heads would roll.
But because we’re a football club with a very low budget spend we should just go quietly as we don’t have the finances to fix it? Come on

You’re not listening. The club doesn’t have the ability to see if an email has been sent out to a member or if it was received. This is where the frustration sits. If they did then the problem could be easily identified.
I have enquired half a dozen times on the last 8 years and each time all the club does is update the email address on their end but it doesn’t solve the problem which means it’s something more problematic internally.

As other have referred to it’s not an isolated incident and I don’t get why you’re fighting me on this. The club isn’t immune from criticism especially on something as important as member communication.
If this was a major retailer, an alcohol brand or an entertainment company and emails weren’t reaching their target audience then heads would roll.
But because we’re a football club with a very low budget spend we don’t have the finances to fix it which is disappointing.
I'm not listening? Your response to my observed problem, both for me and others, was "nah it's not that". And again we go back to the same thing as usual, any other possible explanation to a problem that doesn't pot the club to the maximum level is just someone unwilling to criticise at all. Super predictable.

I'm not listening? Your response to my observed problem, both for me and others, was "nah it's not that". And again we go back to the same thing as usual, any other possible explanation to a problem that doesn't pot the club to the maximum level is just someone unwilling to criticise at all. Super predictable.
If it was a first time occurrence then you’d have a valid point. I’m referring to a consistent issue that has spanned nearly a decade.
Why are you so defensive over the club receiving criticism? Read my posts I understand they have limited finances but on this topic it’s borderline negligence.

I will make my point clear. The club isn’t nor should they be immune or exempt from critical analysis when it comes in the form of feedback. Members have their right to raise their concerns and make themselves heard.
This isn’t an endless echo chamber of back patting and good job North. They havnt earned that acclaim yet.

If it was a first time occurrence then you’d have a valid point. I’m referring to a consistent issue that has spanned nearly a decade.
Why are you so defensive over the club receiving criticism? Read my posts I understand they have limited finances but on this topic it’s borderline negligence.

I will make my point clear. The club isn’t nor should they be immune or exempt from critical analysis when it comes in the form of feedback. Members have their right to raise their concerns and make themselves heard.
This isn’t an endless echo chamber of back patting and good job North. They havnt earned that acclaim yet.
and in no way did i ever, or do i ever, say that they are immune from cirticism. But time and time again that's the counter point to anything put up that may be alternative to the club being the complete shit show that you and others percieve it to be. Always to the extreme of if you're not agreeing with me then you're some kind of sycophant that stops all club criticism. It's the stupidest strawman, and it comes up every damn time. And here we are, once again.

Tellin me I'm not listening and then putting that on me, christ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and in no way did i ever, or do i ever, say that they are immune from criticism. But time and time again that's the counter point to anything put up that may be alternative to the club being the complete shit show that you and others perceive it to be. Always to the extreme of if you're not agreeing with me then you're some kind of sycophant that stops all club criticism. It's the stupidest strawman, and it comes up every damn time. And here we are, once again.

Telling me I'm not listening and then putting that on me, christ.
So if they're not immune from criticism why cant I sympathize with sruss ?
Clearly he has experienced a similar level of incompetence that does resemble a shitshow.
I have actually defended the club and its personnel because they hire kids on the cheap to deal with a history of unaddressed membership issues that isn't their problem or their fault. I feel for them.
My criticism is based on those in charge and how they have failed to have a system in place where simple ****ing emails can't be delivered. Its embarrassing that there is NO SOLUTION.

So if they're not immune from criticism why cant I sympathize with sruss ?
Clearly he has experienced a similar level of incompetence that does resemble a shitshow.
I have actually defended the club and its personnel because they hire kids on the cheap to deal with a history of unaddressed membership issues that isn't their problem or their fault. I feel for them.
My criticism is based on those in charge and how they have failed to have a system in place where simple ******* emails can't be delivered. Its embarrassing that there is NO SOLUTION.
When did I say you couldn't?

When Tazaa, point it out to me and I'll spin on a ****ing dime.

It's not there. It's in your head. I was just putting up an idea, that has happened to me, and has happened to others, that maybe could even help some with their email frustration. And hypothesizing around how THAT might be some of the problem. You dismissed it and now we're here.

But **** talking about it anymore.

When did I say you couldn't?

When Tazaa, point it out to me and I'll spin on a ******* dime.

It's not there. It's in your head. I was just putting up an idea, that has happened to me, and has happened to others, that maybe could even help some with their email frustration. And hypothesizing around how THAT might be some of the problem. You dismissed it and now we're here.

But fu** talking about it anymore.
Mate you quoted my post and said it may be email filters. Thats for you. What I experienced and others have isn't and that's the point I'm trying to make. The club doesn't know if I was actually sent an email and if it was received. Literally every other organisation, even centrelink could tell me and give me an answer. The club cant and still cant. Im not making it up this comes from the club, my membership manager and even clubs media manager.

Mate you quoted my post and said it may be email filters. Thats for you. What I experienced and others have isn't and that's the point I'm trying to make. The club doesn't know if I was actually sent an email and if it was received. Literally every other organisation, even centrelink could tell me and give me an answer. The club cant and still cant. Im not making it up this comes from the club, my membership manager and even clubs media manager.
Thank you for your explanation and subsequent discussion with Sillygit. I am reasonably technically savvy with this. I use Outlook on my computer but to double check that emails have not been going to spam and thus not hitting Outlook I have logged into my provider (Optus) via webmail and looking at my spam emails as well. Nothing. So it is NOT email filters.
Also I note that you said the Carlton replacement game emails were 'pushed' again after the original emails. I did not get that email either. The only part of their communication that works is the taking of our money every month. I am a Roo For Life member but never received an email about my membership, they just started taking the cash.

It is just not good enough.

ok let me make it a bit clearer.

I never said you couldn't sympathise with sross.

I never said the club is beyond criticism.

THAT is what you're throwing at me, and you're making THAT shit up out of thin air.

Not the other things, THOSE things. Got it? I can't go simpler than that.

I know you shouldn't have to but its going to take some initiative from supporters to complete some analysis to find out why. Have you guys been able to email the club email addresses and getting the auto Thank you message or even a response back from the club?

First tests would be to info@nmfc.com.au and membership@nmfc.com.au and send it from the registered email address on your account.

You just want to rule out email spam filters, ISP issues and make sure you can send and receive to and from those email addresses.

Usually with these sort of things, you want the date, time the email was sent, email address it was sent from and possibly internet headers before further investigation can be done.

I know you shouldn't have to but its going to take some initiative from supporters to complete some analysis to find out why. Have you guys been able to email the club email addresses and getting the auto Thank you message or even a response back from the club?

First tests would be to info@nmfc.com.au and membership@nmfc.com.au and send it from the registered email address on your account.

You just want to rule out email spam filters, ISP issues and make sure you can send and receive to and from those email addresses.

Usually with these sort of things, you want the date, time the email was sent, email address it was sent from and possibly internet headers before further investigation can be done.
Ok sounds like a plan

Ok that was sent from the Telstra Webmail service and I did not receive a Auto reply

I did notice in my Junkmail an email from Ticketmaster with my account summary. I paid that by auto deduction in October. That summary arrived on 14th April

Ok that was sent from the Telstra Webmail service and I did not receive a Auto reply

I did notice in my Junkmail an email from Ticketmaster with my account summary. I paid that by auto deduction in October. That summary arrived on 14th April
Ok, so something is not right there. Might need to check with your ISP to see if the nmfc domain or nmfc based emails is somehow being blocked . tazaa sruss Are you guys with Telstra as well?

I sent an email from my outlook account on the following date

Sent: Thursday, 24 March 2022 10:21 AM
To:
membership@nmfc.com.au

And received the auto reply message immediately

membership@nmfc.com.au
Thu 24/03/2022 10:21 AM

Thank you for contacting North Melbourne Membership Services.

We are currently experiencing a high than usual number of calls and emails and will endeavour to reply to you as soon as we can.

Should your query be related to Round 1 -5 ticketing, Digital Membership cards, member choice items and membership packs please visit our Member Hub where all your questions will be answered:

Member Hub

Another test:

Do you have another gmail or outlook email account that you can test with?

Edit: Did a test and looks like the Auto reply is switched off. I'll have to wait until someone responds to the email.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2022 NMFC Membership thread - Final Tally: 50,191

Remove this Banner Ad

Back