2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to see him settle at high half forward. Switta or Freddie could take the wing spot before him.

I get how you’re thinking but I think Freddy made a pretty decent fist of what is a very tactical position to play this year & his set shot kicking particularly is among our best.
I’d be loathe to move him (& I had him down as a wing last year).

I think Chapman could be a good wing & get Wilson back to half back.

I get how you’re thinking but I think Freddy made a pretty decent fist of what is a very tactical position to play this year & his set shot kicking particularly is among our best.

I thought Worner would be landing the winger spot but they keep playing him in defence?

I thought Worner would be landing the winger spot but they keep playing him in defence?

Worner is 19 coming off a very limited preseason and he's done extremely well especially given his prep and I reckon he'll own that wing sooner rather than later but others are more experienced and ready at this stage.

It has been mentioned by many but gee whiz Henry has looked poor over the last 2 weeks. I know some players are not contested beasts but when you lose every 1 on 1 to a WAFL player it's pretty damning in my opinion. He's out of contract at the end of next year, and, on current form, I don't think he'd get another one if he didn't improve.

Don’t claim to be a Freo expert but his passing inside 50 is equal to the best in the comp.

Just don’t see it very often
Completely agree. At his best, he can produce 20-35m passes that would make Sam Mitchell proud. That’s his game. Just needs to find a way to be a contributor in the other facets of the game.

Worner is 19 coming off a very limited preseason and he's done extremely well especially given his prep and I reckon he'll own that wing sooner rather than later but others are more experienced and ready at this stage.
Worner was the victim of the AFL team deciding they wanted a mature harder body (Hughes) to fill Acres role when he was injured, given his stagnant development in the role and that Logue is leaving, I’m hoping Hughes goes back to being a defender and Worner gets his chance again on the wing next year, he’ll likely be competing with Sharp and Henry for the spot in the AFL team though.

Bashing the outside mids and key forwards in game where Peel were on the bad end of one of the most lop sided contested game efforts I've seen? Makes sense.

Ras was the only inside mid that wasn't awful and even he didn't get enough of it. Plus the Peel guys on the flanks pushing up to the contests were beyond shitefull. No pressure but didn't win any ball: Mayas well have laid down across half back, at least the ball might have bumped into them and stopped a few attacks.

Last edited:
Worner was the victim of the AFL team deciding they wanted a mature harder body (Hughes) to fill Acres role when he was injured, given his stagnant development in the role and that Logue is leaving, I’m hoping Hughes goes back to being a defender and Worner gets his chance again on the wing next year, he’ll likely be competing with Sharp and Henry for the spot in the AFL team though.

Yep, that's what I posted. Worner will star on the wing in the WAFL next year all things being equal.

I wouldn't mind Chapman but I think there are too many games where Freddie doesn't contribute. When Switta is in the team he gets the hhf role which I think is the role that Freddie plays best. He was a winger in the SANFL, can't see why he can get up the ground a bit more sometimes to help him get in the game more.
Basically, there seems to be a few options which is good considering. .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I found it a bit annoying that Henry always stayed miles away from his opponent when the ball was being contested, even though we weren't best placed to win it.

That Jack Buller is a big strapping lad ,I think he would go alright at afl level.
198cm 98kg,only 21 yo ,Peel couldn't stop him with our AFL players, he has very strong hands when he marks.
He was highly touted when he was 18 but didn't put the effort in back then, has now matured.

Buller did look good. Upgrade on Treacy?
Would have liked to have seen Kuek and/or Benning out there. Probably did them a favour not playing in a team that was displaying little talent and less effort.

Buller is miles off the AFL. Typical of the lazy meatheats 7 put in the box they have done no research and like a casual fan think getting involved when the opposition has been reduced to rabble is a sign of AFL attributes. Sure he might have them but that game was not showcasing it. Don't imagine many mature age key forwards get picked up on just over a goal game.

Provide a lot of defensive pressure when they are trying to clear it from our forward line as well.

Provide a lot of defensive pressure when they are trying to clear it from our forward line as well.
I sat in different seating this year at games, just to the side of the goals and having mostly sat side on I got a different perspective on the roles players play at times.

Freddy does so much running up and down on the fat side and he holds his width so well. When the ball is coming in defenders start to role off and head back into the corridor or block space and so often he would be out on his own in space around the 50 running back toward goal but staying wide.

I was disappointed how often he wasn't used. People talk about him not being involved but to my eyes he's playing the role really well and given that he can kick a set shot 50+ and from all angles I don't really understand why we don't use him more.

I was ultra impressed this year how he rose to the level particularly with his set shots. In his junior highlights he was kicking set shots from anywhere but like a lot of young players getting used to the cauldron of AFL he lost his mojo a bit so to kick some of the goals he did like the running one against Brisbane and some of his clutch set shots I think he's going to be a really decent player.

If we can get Sturt/Treacy up to the level and Amiss lives up to what he's showed so far we've got some nice forwards coming on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back