Preview 2022 Round 9 vs Hawthorn, MCG, May 14th, 1.45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
soldo was like a giraffe on roller skates on the weekend
Yeah not really ideal conditions for the big fella.

It's frustrating because the role Soldo is playing in the team at the moment would have been perfect for CCJ if he'd had the desire to stick around. For me, Soldo is more of a first ruck. Can be a bit of a liability down forward at times.

With Prestia, Vlastuin and RCD all returning from illness this week, and Hugo and Ryan likely from injury, our injury list is looking like being completely empty!!

Will be a bit of a selection squeeze. Mansell for Vlastuin is just about guaranteed, but who comes out for Prestia? George, Pickett and Edwards are all options.

Pickett and Edwards for me are competing for one spot on the wing. Pickett is more suited to that role, but Edwards seems to be Dimma's preference, probably due to his better kicking skills.

George was our poorest performer on the weekend, but isn't a mid, so doesn't really work as a direct swap. I'd like to see him out for Stack, but I'm not convinced it will happen. George hasn't really been providing huge pressure, and he's wasting as many goal opportunities as he's taking with his horrible disposal.

TLDR:

Changes I'd like:
In: Vlastuin Prestia
Out: Mansell Castagna (Edwards sub)

Changes I think we will make:
Out: Mansell Stack (Pickett sub)

Wonder if we will play Nankoldo and try to dominate the contests. I'd be good if we can start that combo to full capability. They can control contests and really help our midfield.

On the game win this and we are in the hunt big time. Win the next and we're looking solid for finals. Beat Sydney and we start sniffing the top 4.

So we should be red hot, and I reckon we'll win this with another notch being turned up.

OUT: Mansell
IN: Vlastuin, Prestia

I have no idea who goes out for Prestia (if he’s ready). McIntosh, Pickett, Soldo and even Castagna all bring something to the team.
  • Pickett and McIntosh have games where they basically own the wing.
  • Castagna gets to good places in our forward line. It’s just his conversion that sometimes lets him down and it hasn’t been that bad this year. Besides, removing him makes our forward line too tall IMO.
  • Soldo provides Nankervis relief in the ruck.

I would have said Edwards, but he’s starting to pick up from his quiet start. A good Edwards adds a lot to our side so it may be worth persisting with him too. E

It’ll be interesting to see what we do.
Well he only had 8 possessions and one mark, 1.1 goals, so nothing that Stack or even Cumberland or Sonsie couldn't do perhaps.
He got 7 possessions against Melbourne, but 19 in a 109pt smashing of WC, which looks pretty good.

Mods, I suggest a one day suspension of the account is sufficient to deal with this horrific misjudgement. I'm sure AlorraVex is repentant and won't ever say that again.
No, I think he is onto something. The Dawks over the years have deliberately altered their actual poo brown to a much darker almost black. They are trying to become yellow and black and the AFL should have given them a directive to get back to their real brown.

With Prestia, Vlastuin and RCD all returning from illness this week, and Hugo and Ryan likely from injury, our injury list is looking like being completely empty!!

Will be a bit of a selection squeeze. Mansell for Vlastuin is just about guaranteed, but who comes out for Prestia? George, Pickett and Edwards are all options.

Pickett and Edwards for me are competing for one spot on the wing. Pickett is more suited to that role, but Edwards seems to be Dimma's preference, probably due to his better kicking skills.

George was our poorest performer on the weekend, but isn't a mid, so doesn't really work as a direct swap. I'd like to see him out for Stack, but I'm not convinced it will happen. George hasn't really been providing huge pressure, and he's wasting as many goal opportunities as he's taking with his horrible disposal.

TLDR:

Changes I'd like:
Out: Mansell Castagna (Edwards sub)

Changes I think we will make:
Out: Mansell Stack (Pickett sub)
If Edwards sub does that mean you also have Stack IN to the 22?

I'd personally keep Edwards, rated his game. He was the best he's been all season, getting to good spots and got a bit of the ball. Not at his absolute best of course, those days might be gone for good, but watch out for him Dreamtime, could wreak havoc.

Mods, I suggest a one day suspension of the account is sufficient to deal with this horrific misjudgement. I'm sure AlorraVex is repentant and won't ever say that again.

Gold and brown is discount yellow and black. And besides, wordplay trumps all, I regret nothing.

If Edwards sub does that mean you also have Stack IN to the 22?

I'd personally keep Edwards, rated his game. He was the best he's been all season, getting to good spots and got a bit of the ball. Not at his absolute best of course, those days might be gone for good, but watch out for him Dreamtime, could wreak havoc.
Yep. Stack replaces George up forward to get more defensive pressure and skill.

I agree Edwards has improved, but Short has taken his spot in the midfield, Pickett is a better wingman and he doesn't provide enough pressure to play as a small forward so I can't find a spot in our best 22 for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soldo doesn't get big numbers but we play better with him in the team. Nankervis plays better, the forward line looks better without Balta in it and the backline looks better with Balta back there.

I'd love to see Cumberland debut for Castagna but Hardwick always pumps him up when asked so I can't see him getting dropped.
Hawks have a very short backline too, so I’d be keeping Soldo in the side and resting him and Nank up forward, weather being favourable that is

Hawks will win due to our no good midfield, Lynch being a dud and us having to carry too many old blokes who should retire before the mid season draft so we can clean up. And Dusty is disinterested and heading to Sydney. Clubs rooted. We'll be rattling tins by R15. #amidoinitright #sashposting

Hawks have a very short backline too, so I’d be keeping Soldo in the side and resting him and Nank up forward, weather being favourable that is
Frost will take Lynch which I reckon will be an entertaining match up which means either Sicily or Grainger-Barras take Jack which can be exploited.

Wingard expected to come back in. Can't stand him and he always seems to play well against us.

L
No, I think he is onto something. The Dawks over the years have deliberately altered their actual poo brown to a much darker almost black. They are trying to become yellow and black and the AFL should have given them a directive to get back to their real brown.
it doesn't make a jot of difference what shade of faeces they go with they will always be known in my house as the pees and poos....💩💩

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back