List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still think many people underestimate how badly we kick it to our forwards. Majority of the time it is not even on their heads it's actually over their heads and there's really no chance of making a contest with the defender who is in prime position to nudge our forward underneath it.

I enjoy Casboult's work but Gold Coast pop it up and let him come in off the long run at it which works for him. We're too busy trying to hit the base of the point post with most of our entries.
Totally agree with this.

Makes it even crazier that we kick sky balls to our forwards when we don't have a Charlie Dixon/Tom Lynch/Levi Casboult to stand under them, wrestle their man and still outmark a spare.

Tmac was maybe the best at halving those kinds of contests and providing a 2nd/3rd effort at ground level when he's up and about and moving well but he's out for a while.

BBB is obviously no good at it. Weideman likes to get on his bike and float across the front of a pack (normally spills the mark anyway).

I was laughed off this board when I suggested him as a DFA last year!
you're ahead of the curve mate. people don't like it when you say something that is against the grain. Melbourne desperately needs a good key forward. If Jackson goes, we need to throw all the money and draft picks at a good key forward. I'm so sick of dominating in defence, dominating in the midfield, only to have Ben fumble fingers Brown to get out-marked or pushed over. I hope the recruiting team are using all of their resources into finding us 1 or even 2 new key forwards.

Still think many people underestimate how badly we kick it to our forwards. Majority of the time it is not even on their heads it's actually over their heads and there's really no chance of making a contest with the defender who is in prime position to nudge our forward underneath it.

I enjoy Casboult's work but Gold Coast pop it up and let him come in off the long run at it which works for him. We're too busy trying to hit the base of the point post with most of our entries.
Whilst I agree, I think this is part of our "get set behind the ball game plan". It doesn't matter if it's not a perfect pass to a forward - even if it's a turn over (via an intercept mark) in a pocket, it's a long way from Oppo goal - and in a pocket it blocks off once side of the field.

It's not attractive footy - and if I was a forward I would be frustrated - but it's won one more game than the next best this year and won a flag last year.

I reckon they view taking a mark as awesome, halving the contest to boundary side as very good, halving to corridor side as good and intercept mark in the pocket as ok (as explained above) - meaning there's little downside to that approach.

I reckon internally they'll see BBB's game as serviceable - as much as it's crapola to watch being a supporter.

If Port want to tear it down with a new coach next year I wonder if Charlie Dixon could be available for a bargain?

Id want him to do a medical before we looked at trading for him but id much rather him than Lobb as a short term fix for our contested mark role.
Interesting.

His body is the unreliable factor here, but on song he is one of my favourite forwards in the competition

Interesting.

His body is the unreliable factor here, but on song he is one of my favourite forwards in the competition

its probably a pipe dream, but to quote Demon Bhoy, it doesn't hurt to pick up the phone and ask the question.

its probably a pipe dream, but to quote Demon Bhoy, it doesn't hurt to pick up the phone and ask the question.
I really love the guy. I was jealous of Port when they got him out of Gold Coast. He has issues with his body - and I reckon that is what has stopped him being one of the players that gets ranted about in the media tediously each week. But when he is there and on song, he is such a game changer.

I don’t like Dixon but he suits us more than Walker. Hate to say it but Rory Lobb suits us too as he can take a contested mark.

I don’t like Dixon but he suits us more than Walker. Hate to say it but Rory Lobb suits us too as he can take a contested mark.

Rory Lobb is an inconsistent squib who's goal kicking is hot and cold. Ill take him if we are desperate but id be trying every other possible option first.

Dixon has an actual presence. So even when hes doing nothing he at least has that. Lobb just goes missing for games on end and has zero presence. Much like our KPF's now.
Dixon makes blokes hurt, a genuinely scary dude. Would be awesome

Whilst I agree, I think this is part of our "get set behind the ball game plan". It doesn't matter if it's not a perfect pass to a forward - even if it's a turn over (via an intercept mark) in a pocket, it's a long way from Oppo goal - and in a pocket it blocks off once side of the field.

It's not attractive footy - and if I was a forward I would be frustrated - but it's won one more game than the next best this year and won a flag last year.

I reckon they view taking a mark as awesome, halving the contest to boundary side as very good, halving to corridor side as good and intercept mark in the pocket as ok (as explained above) - meaning there's little downside to that approach.

I reckon internally they'll see BBB's game as serviceable - as much as it's crapola to watch being a supporter.
Agree with this, apart from being intercepted on, that’s a bad outcome and where Brown does deserve some criticism. More often than not have to halve the contest and make it a contested possession game where we thrive, not just in our midfield but with guys like Langdon, ANB, Sparrow, Harmes being strong contested ball winners for their positions.

Someone from SEN1111(?) must of read through this thread . Saying why Walker is a good fit for us (Yuk)

Lloyd said we should get on the Access all areas today.

Id rather Zurhaar even though hes undersized. Another person with presence. Thats what we desperately need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id rather Zurhaar even though hes undersized. Another person with presence. Thats what we desperately need.
What we need is a Lynch clone , hate the prick but love his aggression at the ball .

What we need is a Lynch clone , hate the prick but love his aggression at the ball .

Its almost getting to the stage where if dont land anyone in the offseason id be tempted to throw Petty or May forward next season if the current form of our KPFs continues.

Great shout on Zurhaar, could be a gun. Also if we lose Jackson would like us to try for Larkey. They're in danger

Great shout on Zurhaar, could be a gun. Also if we lose Jackson would like us to try for Larkey. They're in danger

id take Larkey in a heartbeat. I like him. Got some agro, demands the ball and cracks the shits if he isn't used. Our KPF's are all too nice.

Its almost getting to the stage where if dont land anyone in the offseason id be tempted to throw Petty or May forward next season if the current form of our KPFs continues.
Sort of robbing Peter to pay Paul . Maybe the coaches can work out why its so sloppy so far ,even if we are winning games .

id take Larkey in a heartbeat. I like him. Got some agro, demands the ball and cracks the shits if he isn't used. Our KPF's are all too nice.
Yeah out of all the gun KPF's he's the only gettable one. Like if Jackson goes I'd be happy if we only ended up with Larkey back

Sort of robbing Peter to pay Paul . Maybe the coaches can work out why its so sloppy so far ,even if we are winning games .

I liked the look of Disco on debut, reckon he could slide into Petty's role with another offseason in the weight room. He attacks the ball like a nutcase just like Petty.

May probably has to stay at FB though

Petty showed a bit as a forward in 2019. Definitely open to that idea.

man, all these people saying no to Tex, no to Lobb, no to Dixon etc. Guys, beggars can't be choosers. We have no-one at the moment. Anyone is an improvement.

Larkey would be an amazing get.

man, all these people saying no to Tex, no to Lobb, no to Dixon etc. Guys, beggars can't be choosers. We have no-one at the moment. Anyone is an improvement.

Larkey would be an amazing get.
Agree - #18 in the league for contested marks in the forward 50. We need some (tall) warm bodies. How about Himmelberg from the Giants? They have switched him down back but I always liked him as a forward.

Agree - #18 in the league for contested marks in the forward 50. We need some (tall) warm bodies. How about Himmelberg from the Giants? They have switched him down back but I always liked him as a forward.
Nah he is genuinely so much better up back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back