List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Allan (191cm, Midfielder/Defender, Peel Thunder)

• Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m already looking forward to the melts when our players have a laugh with clarry in the middle of the ground after geelong belt us by 100 and he kicks 3 and has 40.

Whoever the leaks at the club are, they’re getting the media to condition us for the probability we will get absolutely reamed in a trade.

I’m already looking forward to the melts when our players have a laugh with clarry in the middle of the ground after geelong belt us by 100 and he kicks 3 and has 40.

Whoever the leaks at the club are, they’re getting the media to condition us for the probability we will get absolutely reamed in a trade.
I can bet my life savings he'll never come remotely close to these numbers.

campaigner struggles to kick 3 goals for the year alone.

They always have great people at the club. And the area is a huge selling point. Away from the spotlight in Melbourne yet only an hour away. They have a whole massive community right behind them as well which is a distinct advantage over most of the comp now who've lost that tribal element linked with the area.
Yeah they're not a big club per se but they do have that advantage of being out of Melbourne and having the Geelong and Surf Coast community. Someone like dangerfield would be on good coin but the fact he's from the area Geelong don't need to do much to retain him because he's home.
Geelong has the freedom to take on difficult players and turn them around because their club is well run, and every part of the club from the top down pushes in the same direction.

It doesn't always work, Jack Steven was one that didn't really work out, Mitch Clark another, but they never seem to lose much when it doesn't work, they just keep ploughing on.

Imagine playing for a club with established facilities, training on your own homeground, whole community behind you and a board and football department that work together, plus an amazing development program and talent pipeline from the vfl team.

Compared to a club that spends half its time in Casey, has a premiership list torn apart in record time, a stubborn dickhead coach who plays favourites, a board and CEO seemingly serving only out of self interest, and apparently no communication or collaboration between the administration and the football department.

Clayton will probably do well in Geelong, but I think the prime of his career has probably been and gone regardless of where he ends up. Some blokes run into the ground earlier than others and he really hasn't taken great care of himself in the past 2 years.

I'm happy that we got to see the best of him while he was at Melbourne. Despite some of the shit i write about him I don't think I'll be happy or overly sad to see him go, probably just relieved that it's over. The whole situation is very tiresome.
It's funny was listening to trade radio. Hannebery was on with Tom Morris. Hanebery questioned Morris if he was camping outside of Melbourne headquarters for information. Morris replied saying he doesn't know where it is because it could be anywhere, is it at the mcg, Gosh's paddock, casey. Must admit I found it funny but also depressing at the same time because it's a reminder of how bad it is.

On Clarry I agree that we've seen his best. Will hurt in the short term and losing him and we really need to nail our draft picks. As many here have pointed out our midfield looks really thin now. We need some fresh personnel in there.

I don't know about this whole "we've seen the best of Clarry" stuff. Freo dumped Jesse Hogan for **** all and a year or two later he's the best forward in the game. Clayton is a 3x All Australian who has had one shit year. He still has the potential to be a Top 10 player in the league for years to come.

And in any case I'm sick of seeing the Melbourne Demons suck other clubs off. As soon as the Grundy to Melbourne rumours started I posted here that it was basically saving the Pies. And it was. They won a flag while Grundy sat on his ****ing arse during the finals series watching Josh ****ing Schache literally warm a ****ing bench for two hours.

How about we get the another club to bend over for a change? If Clayton Oliver becomes half the player he was he'll win Geelong a flag. He is worth a lot to them.

****ing bunch of useless pricks, the whole lot of them. Tracc and Gawn can **** off too.

A future first from Geelong can go **** itself. I'd rather watch Oliver play in the VFL that have to sit through another AFL season where the Cats win with a bunch of mercenaries paid with generous property deals outside of the salary cap.

If we are getting a future first we have done well, must be paying at least half of his salary or something. Fine by me.
Still think we should be pushing for a player also. Future first is likely gonna be pick 20+ with a big compromised draft next year. Would love SDK but realise this is probably unrealistic. I'm aware getting him off the list and his contract is priority, but there'll be rioting in the streets if we give him away. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And while I'm ****ing at it, how's the rumours of David Teague being approached by Melbourne? What a ****ing hack that guy was.

****ing bring Neeld back you campaigners, why not.

Still think we should be pushing for a player also. Future first is likely gonna be pick 20+ with a big compromised draft next year. Would love SDK but realise this is probably unrealistic. I'm aware getting him off the list and his contract is priority, but there'll be rioting in the streets if we give him away. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
No player from an opposition club who is contracted is saying id like to go to Melbourne please right now, especially anyone decent like SDK. Everyone in a position of power will be gone next year, there is no way anyone can survive this. Just 12 more months of this clown show and things will start looking up finally! :rainbow:

And while I'm ****ing at it, how's the rumours of David Teague being approached by Melbourne? What a ****ing hack that guy was.

****ing bring Neeld back you campaigners, why not.
Yep. Sh**house. We are absolutely rudderless
atm. Can't attract any decent player, good players want out, coaching staff looks like a rag tag bunch of clueless misfits. I bet Bartlel joins the Pies too and not us.

Geelong has the freedom to take on difficult players and turn them around because their club is well run, and every part of the club from the top down pushes in the same direction.

It doesn't always work, Jack Steven was one that didn't really work out, Mitch Clark another, but they never seem to lose much when it doesn't work, they just keep ploughing on.

Imagine playing for a club with established facilities, training on your own homeground, whole community behind you and a board and football department that work together, plus an amazing development program and talent pipeline from the vfl team.

Compared to a club that spends half its time in Casey, has a premiership list torn apart in record time, a stubborn dickhead coach who plays favourites, a board and CEO seemingly serving only out of self interest, and apparently no communication or collaboration between the administration and the football department.

Clayton will probably do well in Geelong, but I think the prime of his career has probably been and gone regardless of where he ends up. Some blokes run into the ground earlier than others and he really hasn't taken great care of himself in the past 2 years.

I'm happy that we got to see the best of him while he was at Melbourne. Despite some of the shit i write about him I don't think I'll be happy or overly sad to see him go, probably just relieved that it's over. The whole situation is very tiresome.
It's been a great period and I hope it continues but we haven't been under any real pressure for a long time. At the moment is seems all beer and skittles and great to be in Geelong but before we started succeeding many players bemoaned it. Players had no anonymity and couldn't escape the failures on the field.

I'm incredibly grateful for the current state of play (not just the club but the Geelong region) but imagine eventually the tide will turn again, and the things currently deemed positive about being in Geelong could turn negative.

Absolutely must get a player back... O'Sullivan, Humphries... even Edwards. F**k Geelong. I'd much rather keep him than get reamed by those f**kers. And we'll take this year's first pick too... The Dogs can take next year's for Smith.

It's been a great period and I hope it continues but we haven't been under any real pressure for a long time. At the moment is seems all beer and skittles and great to be in Geelong but before we started succeeding many players bemoaned it. Players had no anonymity and couldn't escape the failures on the field.

I'm incredibly grateful for the current state of play (not just the club but the Geelong region) but imagine eventually the tide will turn again, and the things currently deemed positive about being in Geelong could turn negative.
Yeah I remember 10 years ago when all the Lions players were walking out the headline was about how no one wanted to live in Brisbane. Jonathan Brown was saying they needed a retention allowance! Now that they're good it's changed to what a great place to play footy, nice weather all year round etc.

No player from an opposition club who is contracted is saying id like to go to Melbourne please right now, especially anyone decent like SDK. Everyone in a position of power will be gone next year, there is no way anyone can survive this. Just 12 more months of this clown show and things will start looking up finally! :rainbow:

Just in time for Tassie

Now just watch Lamb trade Geelong f1 + our F1 for a pick 13 in this years draft and then take an bloke who can’t hit a target.

Just in time for Tassie

Now just watch Lamb trade Geelong f1 + our F1 for a pick 13 in this years draft and then take an bloke who can’t hit a target.
timmy llamada GIF by Comedy Central LA

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Early Draft Poll Added

Back