List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey Laurie?! 🥴🥴🥴

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
yeah, too slow for this game. I feel like he's slower than his draft year. He's still carrying excess weight and looks like he's barely lifted a bicep curl in 2 years so i'm not sure what he's been doing. Yes i know he had a facial injury but that shouldn't have prevented his physical development.

You can't be a real person.
I'm not the only person questioning whether Bailey Laurie will make it or not. There's been a truckload of posts on his development this year so put your personal agenda aside and be impartial. He was also only 1 name amongst many the I listed so it seems you're just stirring.

yeah, too slow for this game. I feel like he's slower than his draft year. He's still carrying excess weight and looks like he's barely lifted a bicep curl in 2 years so i'm not sure what he's been doing. Yes i know he had a facial injury but that shouldn't have prevented his physical development.

Again, you're going too extreme to make a point.

The others you mentioned are certified busts. I'm worried Laurie hasn't come on as quickly as I'd hoped too but it's ridiculous to say he's a genuine bust. He's had two years in the system and had some really impressive VFL matches and he can't be written off at this stage.

Again, you're going too extreme to make a point.

The others you mentioned are certified busts. I'm worried Laurie hasn't come on as quickly as I'd hoped too but it's ridiculous to say he's a genuine bust. He's had two years in the system and had some really impressive VFL matches and he can't be written off at this stage.

yeah, I may have gone a bit too soon but we'll see. how long do you give him? another 2 years?

Pretty interesting situation shaping up at pick 13 - our two highest rated prospects left on the board may well be Western Australians in Ed Allan and Elijah Hewett.

If this is the case it opens up the option of either picking the one we like best, or if the Eagles are keen on one of those two, we can offer the Eagles 13 and 37 for 20 and 26.

It's got to be attractive for West Coast to have picks, 8,12 and 13 and pick 3 highly rated locals. Obviously would only be worth it for them if the local kids they want will be gone by pick 20 but in the case of Allan and Hewett that's probable.

If reports are correct that we aren't overly enamoured with what's likely to be around at 13 it would make sense to grab two picks in the 20s rather than reach at 13 and then be left with one of the last live picks in the draft at 37.

I was absolutely stoked with Cale Morton on draft day and after his first year, though. Thought he was going to win Brownlows (multiple).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty interesting situation shaping up at pick 13 - our two highest rated prospects left on the board may well be Western Australians in Ed Allan and Elijah Hewett.

If this is the case it opens up the option of either picking the one we like best, or if the Eagles are keen on one of those two, we can offer the Eagles 13 and 37 for 20 and 26.

It's got to be attractive for West Coast to have picks, 8,12 and 13 and pick 3 highly rated locals. Obviously would only be worth it for them if the local kids they want will be gone by pick 20 but in the case of Allan and Hewett that's probable.

If reports are correct that we aren't overly enamoured with what's likely to be around at 13 it would make sense to grab two picks in the 20s rather than reach at 13 and then be left with one of the last live picks in the draft at 37.
The (only?) genuine Melb board ITK posted a month or so back we were very keen on a Vic country player likely to be in the early second round. If we can extract some value for our pick 13 moving back, seems like it could be a good move.

Morton's first two years were actually really good. He had his limitations but had some incredible strengths.

Can't believe how he dropped off such a cliff.
I remember going to a practice match at (I think) the beginning of 2010 against Essendon. We were getting beaten pretty easily, but remember being really impressed with Morton thinking he was in for a huge year. He picked up a knee injury just before half time, missed around half the season and was never the same after.

Two personal draft busts that come to mind for me are Blease and Rowan. I watched Sam in the under 18 carnival and thought he was the second coming of Chance Bateman. The broken leg he suffered early on likely didn't help, but he just never really fired a shot. Rowan looked so fast and powerful in the under 18's, I figured he would eventually move in to the midfield and dominate games.

I remember going to a practice match at (I think) the beginning of 2010 against Essendon. We were getting beaten pretty easily, but remember being really impressed with Morton thinking he was in for a huge year. He picked up a knee injury just before half time, missed around half the season and was never the same after.

Two personal draft busts that come to mind for me are Blease and Rowan. I watched Sam in the under 18 carnival and thought he was the second coming of Chance Bateman. The broken leg he suffered early on likely didn't help, but he just never really fired a shot. Rowan looked so fast and powerful in the under 18's, I figured he would eventually move in to the midfield and dominate games.

Great call on Blease. His highlights video before being drafted had me frothing.

Strauss and Tapscott were two others I thought would become good players from that era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back