List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haha look I don’t think you’ll ever find me using him as an excuse, but well played.
Leaving aside the twisties and Toby, Tomlinson looked very good in 2021 but hasn’t recaptured that form after coming back from an ACL. He might improve yet but it’s no certain thing. He is apparently very strong and a bit of an endurance beast.

Leaving aside the twisties and Toby, Tomlinson looked very good in 2021 but hasn’t recaptured that form after coming back from an ACL. He might improve yet but it’s no certain thing. He is apparently very strong and a bit of an endurance beast.
Sounds promising. I wonder what sort of draft capital it would cost genuinely. I personally think downgrading our first in a trade with Fremantle to get Lobb is a terrible idea but if we can do that, trade a second or third for example to Melbourne to bring in Lobb and Tomlinson I’m not opposed to it.

It’s up to Fremantle to bring in the deal though (assuming Jackson is definitely heading there).

I loved Melk in 2018 and his 2019 was actually pretty good, but they are absolutely kidding themselves if he gets a new deal after this year.
Goody's love child? Probably the only reason he gets picked this week is to show something to get an extension.

Swear to god this guy has a bottom drawer full of compromising photos of Goody.

I'd like us to have a crack at Charlie Dickson in 2023, as he is a restricted free agent. Offer 2 years at a juicy offer until 2025. He'll be able to get to the footy and bring it to ground, if not mark it.

My logic is for him to offer an alternative to BBB at selection thru 2024.

Ben King is contracted til 2024, and he is my real long term target... as BBB ages, and is out of contact in 2024.

CDickson thru to end of 2025. King onboard for 2025 season.

JvRuyen should be a regular AFL player by the 2024 season.

In the 2025 season like this, we could have two talls up forward in CD and Bk... plus van Ruyen playing on a fflank, or defence.
Dickson could 2nd ruck, if we lose Luke baby.

I'd like us to have a crack at Charlie Dickson in 2023, as he is a restricted free agent. Offer 2 years at a juicy offer until 2025. He'll be able to get to the footy and bring it to ground, if not mark it.

Ben King is contracted til 2024, and he is my real long term target... as BBB ages, and is out of contact in 2024.

In the 2025 season like this, we could have two talls up forward in CD and Bk... plus van Ruyen playing on a fflank, or defence.
Dixon
van Rooyen

Come on SH. Lift

Sounds promising. I wonder what sort of draft capital it would cost genuinely. I personally think downgrading our first in a trade with Fremantle to get Lobb is a terrible idea but if we can do that, trade a second or third for example to Melbourne to bring in Lobb and Tomlinson I’m not opposed to it.

It’s up to Fremantle to bring in the deal though (assuming Jackson is definitely heading there).
Say you finish ~8th I'd be surprised if your third didn't get it done.
He was leading the comp last year for defensive one on one wins before his ACL last year but he's come back struggling bad. Absolutely worth a look for another club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for Van Rooyen to be elite, and then go back to West Coast at the end of 2024 🥲

the veil of neagvity is strong in this one

Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

you can wake up now.

Forever melburned

if Jacko leaves then JVR goes in the next few years as well it should just about be the tipping point for us to stop recruit WA kids honestly. At least with our earliest picks in the draft.

if Jacko leaves then JVR goes in the next few years as well it should just about be the tipping point for us to stop recruit WA kids honestly. At least with our earliest picks in the draft.
We still haven't even got a brownlow out of Taj woewodin and traded him yet either. 🙄

In all seriousness, I do agree to an extent. It's no fun losing a player, especially of Jackson or hogan's quality. But if the net return helps us, it eases that pain a bit. That said, takes a fair bit of enjoyment out of watching a player mature/improve from draft day to say 200 games. If that makes sense.

We still haven't even got a brownlow out of Taj woewodin and traded him yet either. 🙄

In all seriousness, I do agree to an extent. It's no fun losing a player, especially of Jackson or hogan's quality. But if the net return helps us, it eases that pain a bit. That said, takes a fair bit of enjoyment out of watching a player mature/improve from draft day to say 200 games. If that makes sense.
If I can explain better, use gawn or viney as an example.

You see then drafted, have their battles in first few years and then become important parts of the team and star players they are now. When you get a bloke in like say May, yeah he's epic but it feels like we just took over someone else's saved game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back