List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the club knew no one rated Jefferson in the top 20 so we tried to move up the draft so we could get a better player and Jefferson as steak knives? Hardly inspires confidence
Not sure what draft stuff you've been following. According to Twomey, WCE were keen on jefferson who picked immediately before us and GWS were also interested in him at pick #16. Just because WCE ended up picking Hewett doesn't mean that Jefferson wasn't highly considered and I'm sure he was because Twomey is the best in the business when it comes to knowing this stuff.

Not sure what draft stuff you've been following. According to Twomey, WCE were keen on jefferson who picked immediately before us and GWS were also interested in him at pick #16. Just because WCE ended up picking Hewett doesn't mean that Jefferson wasn't highly considered and I'm sure he was because Twomey is the best in the business when it comes to knowing this stuff.
I'm replying to you???

Jason Taylor wanted to get up a little bit higher in the draft to get Jefferson according to Cal Twomey.

The trade that fell through was to go for Essendon's 4 and 22. So in that scenario, JT is expecting Jefferson to be there at that pick right? How does that make any sense if GWS are taking Jefferson with 16.

I'm replying to you???

The trade that fell through was to go for Essendon's 4 and 22. So in that scenario, JT is expecting Jefferson to be there at that pick right? How does that make any sense if GWS are taking Jefferson with 16.
according to twomey, Taylor was worried Jefferson may have been taken earlier than our pick. So seperate to the Essendon pick 4.

Cal Twomey's 2022 Phantom Draft: Top 30, late picks, club whispers

Link clearly states that WCE and GWS were interested in Jefferson. So that's 3 clubs in the 14-16 range. It's hardly no-one in the top 20 wanted him. That's like saying 'No-one in the top 9 wanted Phillipou' just because he went at 10.

But ultimately, when is it that you think we should pick up a forward? Do you not see how dire the situation is? Waiting another year to see what pops up next year is also risky. If Jefferson doesn't make it then so be it but our situation is that dire that I think we couldn't afford not to pick Jefferson.

according to twomey, Taylor was worried Jefferson may have been taken earlier than our pick. So seperate to the Essendon pick 4.

Cal Twomey's 2022 Phantom Draft: Top 30, late picks, club whispers

Link clearly states that WCE and GWS were interested in Jefferson. So that's 3 clubs in the 14-16 range. It's hardly no-one in the top 20 wanted him. That's like saying 'No-one in the top 9 wanted Phillipou' just because he went at 10.

But ultimately, when is it that you think we should pick up a forward? Do you not see how dire the situation is? Waiting another year to see what pops up next year is also risky. If Jefferson doesn't make it then so be it but our situation is that dire that I think we couldn't afford not to pick Jefferson.
Where does it say we were going to use pick 4 on Jefferson?

Where does it say we were going to use pick 4 on Jefferson?
I didn't say that. I said 'seperate to the Essendon at pick 4'. As in not the pick 4. The First Round draft video review by Cal Twomey is on the afl website and he says 'Jason entertained the idea of moving up the order (whilst pointing to picks 10-12 etc.) to ensure they got Jefferson, but they held firm and got him'. I interpret that as we wanted to make sure we got him and that he must've been slightly concerned that he'd get taken earlier. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

I didn't say that. I said 'seperate to the Essendon at pick 4'. As in not the pick 4. The First Round draft video review by Cal Twomey is on the afl website and he says 'Jason entertained the idea of moving up the order (whilst pointing to picks 10-12 etc.) to ensure they got Jefferson, but they held firm and got him'. I interpret that as we wanted to make sure we got him and that he must've been slightly concerned that he'd get taken earlier. That's how I interpreted it anyway.
So if the trade to Essendon went through we were willing to completely abandon Jefferson for whoever we rated in the top 5 plus a mid 20's pick?

I reckon there will be a fair bit of trading up and down tonight. In our situation if we really want a player we can't sit around and expect they'll still be there at pick 38. I'd say we only stay at 38 if we can't do a deal to move up or we're planning to pick a bit of a bolter we don't think anyone else will take.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’re definitely looking to getting the first pick of night 2. Looking at one of Barnett George or Ryan.
As much as we need a developing ruck under Gawndy, I really hope we don't trade one of our F1s to nab Barnett. Ruck prospects can often be found later in the draft/rookied, or picked up in the offseason ruck merry-go-round. After picking Jefferson, if we trade up, I hope we're looking at a small/mid-sized player (ideally a mid or small forward) that could conceivably have an impact or at least be solid depth while we're in our current window.

Any #ATG's know of someone who could fit that bill?

Last edited:
We’re definitely looking to getting the first pick of night 2. Looking at one of Barnett George or Ryan.
interesting. A future 1 in a strong draft for a pick 23 or something. I'd probably want something back in return. But at least it makes things more interesting this season if we do trade up.

Taylor said we would only be taking the two live picks this draft so it has me a bit baffled if we plan on using a F1 what we then do with 38.
If not using it they'd be keen to trade it for a future 2nd or 3rd probably. Too good to waste.

not that it means anything but Elijah Tsatas was just on SEN and was asked which players picked outside the top 10 will be in the top 10 players of this draft class and he said Jefferson and Weedle.

Yeah I rate their haul bigtime too. Both their picks last night could definitely end up being better than JHF - their highlights (risky to judge on them, I know) look incredible.

They traded 2022 pick 1 and 2021 pick 1 JHF for picks 2 and 3. I don’t really get the praise here.

I would be livid if the dees traded away 2 x pick 1s for a pick 2 and 3.

They traded 2022 pick 1 and 2021 pick 1 JHF for picks 2 and 3. I don’t really get the praise here.

I would be livid if the dees traded away 2 x pick 1s for a pick 2 and 3.
One was a flog like Scully

the second you trade 1 for 2 and they dont even pick the guy you want?

not that it means anything but Elijah Tsatas was just on SEN and was asked which players picked outside the top 10 will be in the top 10 players of this draft class and he said Jefferson and Weedle.
No coincidence it's the two blokes he played with at Oakleigh lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back