Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is this Scuba Steve Grubby Allen. Matty’s foot fracture isn’t healing quick enough. He can build upper body and core strength whilst recovering. There was a video of him and others yesterday working out at the club gym. He was bench pressing.

Who is this Scuba Steve Grubby Allen. Matty’s foot fracture isn’t healing quick enough. He can build upper body and core strength whilst recovering. There was a video of him and others yesterday working out at the club gym. He was bench pressing.
Channel 10 reporter I think.
Forgot they existed tbh.

Cox in the interview today when asked about Schultz said "he (Schultz) did team training on Monday and I'll think he'll be back for Saturday"

Saturday 12th? Just another training session or could it be a full interclub match? Friday 25th is the first hit out vs WC.

Was hoping to watch more match Sim today, but not to be. The entire session was all skills based with focus on mids training midfield drills, same for defenders and forwards. Couple of other drills mixed players into different groups. Main takeaways:
1. Mundy and Fyfe in all drills, with Fyfe looking a little rusty today.
2. Brodie, Aish, Sunny, Schultz running laps separately from the main group but all look to have only minor issues.
3. Roy completing drills on his own with 2 trainers and both he and Amiss are certainly being treated carefully - neither appear injured.
4. Treacy in main training doing all drills.
5. Sturt with tape on left knee and not running at top pace, however it was good to see lecras and Graham working 1-1 with him on some leading drills. In these drills Sturt's movements were much improved, but he didn't partake in all drills.
I hope to get there on Friday and report back on some match sim.
Who Roy ?

Cox in the interview today when asked about Schultz said "he (Schultz) did team training on Monday and I'll think he'll be back for Saturday"

Saturday 12th? Just another training session or could it be a full interclub match? Friday 25th is the first hit out vs WC.
I assumed he meant this Saturday, they have been doing the kings park sessions once a month on Saturdays and given they had a 4 day break last week, would expect them to have an extra session this week.

It would be great to compare Taberners accuracy from left and right side of the ground. He uses his natural left from the right forward flank and goals much more than from the left forward. So much so that his leading patterns should be the the side that favours his kicking style.
If anything it's where he plays that makes a huge difference.

70.20 at home
71.51 away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a couple of concerns with Young in the middle and they kinda tie in together
A) While I think his disposal is elite, I do feel it needs to speed up 15% to be useful in the middle
B) The slowish ball to foot motion screams syndesmosis injury to me, though maybe that's PTSD with the one he already suffered

Last edited:
Hadn't considered Young as a midfielder but like the idea. The forwards would be pumped to be on the end of his kicks.
Pretty obvious once Cerra got traded. Cerra himself started across half back with stints at half forward first two years. Makes a lot of sense for Young to get a chance in the middle

Pretty obvious once Cerra got traded. Cerra himself started across half back with stints at half forward first two years. Makes a lot of sense for Young to get a chance in the middle
Who do you rate for delivery out of our backline if Young goes? I have some concerns.

The puzzling thing for me is persisting with the plan to keep Clark in defence. His disposal is not bad, but not indicating someone who is going to be our best option as a distributor. But that does seem to be Young's ideal role.

Adding to that, Johnson and Erasmus looked destined for the midfield not hbf, and we could fast track them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back